Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

  1. #21
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I would think its an inner conflict type thing, she does not want to be compared to her father (she realizes the greatness that only he possesed so she know she can not compete) but she also realizes that the musical roots she has...started with her Dad so she is drawn to things that he was associated with....like fans are drawn to Graceland.
    When you are in the shadow of a great oak tree and you are just a small young tree its good to be cool in the shade-but without the sun that gets blocked that young tree just has a hard time growing to full beauty and productivity.
    I would say that the idea of being Elvis Presleys child-and then trying to enter into the music field is about like the great oak and the small tree.....its very hard because you are going to get it from all sides.....over everymove you make.
    Sad we (and she) can not separate the connection in our minds.
    Makes you wonder had she been born male, would she still be open to ridicule? Comparisons definately, but I think she would've been given a bit more respect if she'd been born male.

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Makes you wonder had she been born male, would she still be open to ridicule? Comparisons definately, but I think she would've been given a bit more respect if she'd been born male.
    It would have been the same.

  3. #23
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Makes you wonder had she been born male, would she still be open to ridicule? Comparisons definately, but I think she would've been given a bit more respect if she'd been born male.
    My honest opinion is that if she had been the son of Elvis-she probably would get more respect-sad but true.
    I have never liked prejudice in any form but it still lies hidden (and not so hidden) in our world.
    I also see things a little different from most I guess-Priscilla, Lisa, EPE, even some of the MM are in "no win situations"
    no matter what they do it will be wrong to certain individuals.....and that is totally unfair, totally not acceptable to me. (not just for here but in any area of life)
    Take for example Lisa and her "In the Ghetto" duet with Elvis.......she had shied away from doing this or any of his songs and many fans criticized her for "not wanting to do something with her father or by her father"...yet many of the same fans then turned and criticized her for doing the duet and they made claims it was to boost her tour, career, new music etc........how can she ever be treated objectively with reasoning such as that?

    Some claim I protect Lisa, EPE, Priscilla etc in my posts-not true...........I show the other side with I hope some objectivity.
    But nothing and no one is perfect and that includes the above.....but they are also not out and out villains in every situation.
    Work in Progress!

  4. #24
    Backstage Pass josephinebeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Big Blue Nation
    Posts
    133

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In the beginnings of her first attempts at singing she made some demo tapes that were given to a few producers and DJs to get their reaction-and low and behold the majority liked them and wanted to know who this singer was....so the name did not help her then.
    But lets look at the other side of being Elvis Presleys daughter......some fans of Elvis critique her without mercy, and the vast majority of others can never get the idea out of their heads that "Her dad is ELVIS-ELVIS the man with the most versatile voice for music who ever lived"
    So for every door that has been opened or made easier-she has had a mountain of negative vibes to climb from the moment she started to sing....having nothing to do with her product...but her heritage.....

    I find her voice as good as the bulk of the pop female singers IE Jewel, Alanis Morrisette, Spears etc......and she has a definite talent at songwriting that her father did not have.
    My main problem with her is how she seems to have problems getting her mix correct in concerts and on her CDs
    Her voice seems secondary to everything else-when its up front I like the sound much better and can understand the lyric.
    True story, I bought the first two albums listened and mostly put them away even though I was impressed with the songwriting. This album I actually love and I consider myself to have great taste in music. Yeah true she does not have the voice of Adele but her lyrics are interesting, the music is funky and cool, and I feel like she is trying to work though things in a life I do not envy. Everyone needs to be fair to her and really try to understand what it would be like to grow up as Elvis' kid. No one has ever been what Elvis was and is. He made mistakes because he was human besides it not exactly like anyone gave him a guide book in 1954 entitled, "How to be the most famous and successful entertainer of all time" he really had to just figure it out as he went along, so has Priscilla, and so has Lisa.

  5. #25
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    My honest opinion is that if she had been the son of Elvis-she probably would get more respect-sad but true.
    I have never liked prejudice in any form but it still lies hidden (and not so hidden) in our world.
    I also see things a little different from most I guess-Priscilla, Lisa, EPE, even some of the MM are in "no win situations"
    no matter what they do it will be wrong to certain individuals.....and that is totally unfair, totally not acceptable to me. (not just for here but in any area of life)
    I can't agree with that, KPM. Just read this thread or any other about Lisa, Priscilla or the MM. There are always as many people who defend them as people who don't like them. So, no. I don't believe they are in a no win situation. It's just that having been close to Elvis in any way doesn't automatically make them talented, good people or especial. And being a fan of Elvis doesn't mean that you have to be a fan of those people aswell as it seems they expect.
    As for Lisa, it's only normal that many or some fans of her father doesn't like her. What she does has nothing to do with what Elvis did, so her style and also her voice it's not something they enjoy.
    _________________

  6. #26
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I can't agree with that, KPM. Just read this thread or any other about Lisa, Priscilla or the MM. There are always as many people who defend them as people who don't like them. So, no. I don't believe they are in a no win situation. It's just that having been close to Elvis in any way doesn't automatically make them talented, good people or especial. And being a fan of Elvis doesn't mean that you have to be a fan of those people aswell as it seems they expect.
    As for Lisa, it's only normal that many or some fans of her father doesn't like her. What she does has nothing to do with what Elvis did, so her style and also her voice it's not something they enjoy.
    With due respect-If you reread my post you will see I say.....
    "I guess-Priscilla, Lisa, EPE, even some of the MM are in "no win situations no matter what they do it will be wrong to certain individuals".....
    Of course not all people have "bias" attached to their opinion but IMO a large portion of people do when it comes to these individuals.....who decided long ago their opinions on these people based upon huge emotional love and respect for Elvis IE he is the good guy and that automatically makes anyone who has seemingly wronged Elvis or his memory-the bad guys.......to certain individuals.....no amount of logic, reasoning nor common sense approach will ever change their opinion....so for that group of certain individuals-it is indeed a no win scenario.
    Work in Progress!

  7. #27
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    With due respect-If you reread my post you will see I say.....
    "I guess-Priscilla, Lisa, EPE, even some of the MM are in "no win situations no matter what they do it will be wrong to certain individuals".....
    Of course not all people have "bias" attached to their opinion but IMO a large portion of people do when it comes to these individuals.....who decided long ago their opinions on these people based upon huge emotional love and respect for Elvis IE he is the good guy and that automatically makes anyone who has seemingly wronged Elvis or his memory-the bad guys.......to certain individuals.....no amount of logic, reasoning nor common sense approach will ever change their opinion....so for that group of certain individuals-it is indeed a no win scenario.
    Well, I see where you come from and you know I always respect your opinion, but my answer to this is the same I posted above. Elvis' fans are not obliged to like those people, no matter what they do or what their intention is.
    In my case, the only "loyalty" I feel is towards Elvis and the rest of them are not important to me. At least not so important as any other individual trying to make a living in the public eye. If what they do I think is good to Elvis' image I defend them. If not, they can get lost for all I care.
    The key in all this is I don't care what degree of closeness they had with Elvis and I'm glad not everyone in this world sees others for who they are related to. Lisa is not a good musician in my opinion and Priscilla and a few members of the MM are only opportunistics. If what they do is so good or they are so talented they sure must have their own fans. They shouldn't need us to approve what they do.
    Sorry if this sounds too blunt, but after all these years discussing this matters I don't know how else can I word it
    _________________

  8. #28
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    lol.........way to go Donut

    I'm only 'really' interested in Lisa as she is his Daughter.......but I still don't care for her voice
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  9. #29
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Well, I see where you come from and you know I always respect your opinion, but my answer to this is the same I posted above. Elvis' fans are not obliged to like those people, no matter what they do or what their intention is.
    In my case, the only "loyalty" I feel is towards Elvis and the rest of them are not important to me. At least not so important as any other individual trying to make a living in the public eye. If what they do I think is good to Elvis' image I defend them. If not, they can get lost for all I care.
    The key in all this is I don't care what degree of closeness they had with Elvis and I'm glad not everyone in this world sees others for who they are related to. Lisa is not a good musician in my opinion and Priscilla and a few members of the MM are only opportunistics. If what they do is so good or they are so talented they sure must have their own fans. They shouldn't need us to approve what they do.
    Sorry if this sounds too blunt, but after all these years discussing this matters I don't know how else can I word it
    No I like blunt-blunt cuts thru the bull I also have always liked reading your opinions and have respect for what you say....
    I just do not agree-especially about Lisa and her musicianship-her writing "cuts" thru the bull its blunt and creative.
    I am not a famous musician but I did have a band, and I do write songs as a hobby....have about 200 now. (maybe 40-50 are commercial and good enough IMO to be recorded by someone) but I see her writing as super good.
    Her voice is as good as many others who I have mentioned before so she is not untalented....and the fact that she was accepted by DJs and Producers long ago with no name demos-shows she must have had something. Now will she ever reach the heights of Beyonce or Madonna-NO but she has a talent and I want to see her develope and grow....as her father would want also.
    Fan approval.......I am not talking about approval from fans, and once again I am not talking about all fans- I am talking about absolute made up minds before the fact fans who could hear the greatest music ever sung come out of her mouth...and it would fall short of what they want and expect from ELVIS PRESLEYS OFFSPRING.....Some disliked her because of her bluntness and fiery personality when she was younger....why....because they did not like spunk or individuality-no....because that was not the way they expected ELVIS PRESLEYS DAUGHTER to act or talk(if shehad been a son-that would have been seen very differently) that was not fair.
    My loyalty and love is for Elvis also, but if Red West makes a good movie and his performance is good...I do not filter that performance thru the idea that he helped write "Elvis What Happened" but many people do...they can not forget that...so they automatically pan his performance and dismiss him.
    When Sonny wrote his latest book which was much softer in tone and stressed Elvis's good side much much more-many panned his book before it came out....because he helped write EWH. I think that was unfair.
    All these people are human beings and all fall way short of perfect-but so did Elvis........Elvis by all counts was quick to anger-but just as quick to forgive (in his own way)
    For a certain group of fans there can be no forgiveness and they will always filter their opinions of this group we are talking about thru the anger they have for past wrongs (or perceived wrongs) toward Elvis. No win. IMO
    Last edited by KPM; 09-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Work in Progress!

  10. #30
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    lol.........way to go Donut

    I'm only 'really' interested in Lisa as she is his Daughter.......but I still don't care for her voice
    Thats fine, she is not everyones cup of tea....but believe it or not Elvis is not everyones cup of tea either. (which has always been hard for me to accept)
    My daughter has a friend in high school who use to come to our house and I was watching TTWII SE this girl liked the Righteous Brothers song "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling" so when they wandered thru the living room on the way to the kitchen I stopped them and told this girl to watch as a master sang that song better than the Righteous Brothers and she watched it "unimpressed" I at the end I asked her if that was not better than the original and she replied NO, I have never liked his voice that much!
    I was shocked and amazed....how could she not see the talent of Elvis in that performance?
    I guess no one pleases everyone...but it amazed me she was so adament about it.
    Work in Progress!

  11. #31
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    No I like blunt-blunt cuts thru the bull I also have always liked reading your opinions and have respect for what you say....
    I just do not agree-especially about Lisa and her musicianship-her writing "cuts" thru the bull its blunt and creative.
    I am not a famous musician but I did have a band, and I do write songs as a hobby....have about 200 now. (maybe 40-50 are commercial and good enough IMO to be recorded by someone) but I see her writing as super good.
    Her voice is as good as many others who I have mentioned before so she is not untalented....and the fact that she was accepted by DJs and Producers long ago with no name demos-shows she must have had something. Now will she ever reach the heights of Beyonce or Madonna-NO but she has a talent and I want to see her develope and grow....as her father would want also.
    Fan approval.......I am not talking about approval from fans, and once again I am not talking about all fans- I am talking about absolute made up minds before the fact fans who could hear the greatest music ever sung come out of her mouth...and it would fall short of what they want and expect from ELVIS PRESLEYS OFFSPRING.....Some disliked her because of her bluntness and fiery personality when she was younger....why....because they did not like spunk or individuality-no....because that was not the way they expected ELVIS PRESLEYS DAUGHTER to act or talk(if shehad been a son-that would have been seen very differently) that was not fair.
    My loyalty and love is for Elvis also, but if Red West makes a good movie and his performance is good...I do not filter that performance thru the idea that he helped write "Elvis What Happened" but many people do...they can not forget that...so they automatically pan his performance and dismiss him.
    When Sonny wrote his latest book which was much softer in tone and stressed Elvis's good side much much more-many panned his book before it came out....because he helped write EWH. I think that was unfair.
    All these people are human beings and all fall way short of perfect-but so did Elvis........Elvis was by all counts was quick to anger-but just as quick to forgive (in his own way)

    For a certain group of fans there can be no forgiveness and they will always filter their opinions of this group we are talking about thru the anger they have for past wrongs (or perceived wrongs) toward Elvis. No win. IMO
    I couldn't agree more with those statements.

    By the way, I saw Red's name in the cast of a movie called At Any Price with Dennis Quaid and Zack Effron. It looks like he will probably play a grandfather to Zack's character. In reading the story line, I would assume that Red has a lot of lines. The movies I have seen Red act in, he does a really good job.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  12. #32
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Thats fine, she is not everyones cup of tea....but believe it or not Elvis is not everyones cup of tea either. (which has always been hard for me to accept)
    My daughter has a friend in high school who use to come to our house and I was watching TTWII SE this girl liked the Righteous Brothers song "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling" so when they wandered thru the living room on the way to the kitchen I stopped them and told this girl to watch as a master sang that song better than the Righteous Brothers and she watched it "unimpressed" I at the end I asked her if that was not better than the original and she replied NO, I have never liked his voice that much!
    I was shocked and amazed....how could she not see the talent of Elvis in that performance?
    I guess no one pleases everyone...but it amazed me she was so adament about it.
    She probably went home and watched it on Youtube (or ya'll tube, that's southern for youtube LOL) a hundred times.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  13. #33
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    No I like blunt-blunt cuts thru the bull I also have always liked reading your opinions and have respect for what you say....
    I just do not agree-especially about Lisa and her musicianship-her writing "cuts" thru the bull its blunt and creative.
    I am not a famous musician but I did have a band, and I do write songs as a hobby....have about 200 now. (maybe 40-50 are commercial and good enough IMO to be recorded by someone) but I see her writing as super good.
    Her voice is as good as many others who I have mentioned before so she is not untalented....and the fact that she was accepted by DJs and Producers long ago with no name demos-shows she must have had something. Now will she ever reach the heights of Beyonce or Madonna-NO but she has a talent and I want to see her develope and grow....as her father would want also.
    Fan approval.......I am not talking about approval from fans, and once again I am not talking about all fans- I am talking about absolute made up minds before the fact fans who could hear the greatest music ever sung come out of her mouth...and it would fall short of what they want and expect from ELVIS PRESLEYS OFFSPRING.....Some disliked her because of her bluntness and fiery personality when she was younger....why....because they did not like spunk or individuality-no....because that was not the way they expected ELVIS PRESLEYS DAUGHTER to act or talk(if shehad been a son-that would have been seen very differently) that was not fair.
    My loyalty and love is for Elvis also, but if Red West makes a good movie and his performance is good...I do not filter that performance thru the idea that he helped write "Elvis What Happened" but many people do...they can not forget that...so they automatically pan his performance and dismiss him.
    When Sonny wrote his latest book which was much softer in tone and stressed Elvis's good side much much more-many panned his book before it came out....because he helped write EWH. I think that was unfair.
    All these people are human beings and all fall way short of perfect-but so did Elvis........Elvis by all counts was quick to anger-but just as quick to forgive (in his own way)
    For a certain group of fans there can be no forgiveness and they will always filter their opinions of this group we are talking about thru the anger they have for past wrongs (or perceived wrongs) toward Elvis. No win. IMO
    great post Ken, you always show a voice of reason
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  14. #34
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    No I like blunt-blunt cuts thru the bull I also have always liked reading your opinions and have respect for what you say....
    I just do not agree-especially about Lisa and her musicianship-her writing "cuts" thru the bull its blunt and creative.
    I am not a famous musician but I did have a band, and I do write songs as a hobby....have about 200 now. (maybe 40-50 are commercial and good enough IMO to be recorded by someone) but I see her writing as super good.

    Her voice is as good as many others who I have mentioned before so she is not untalented....and the fact that she was accepted by DJs and Producers long ago with no name demos-shows she must have had something. Now will she ever reach the heights of Beyonce or Madonna-NO but she has a talent and I want to see her develope and grow....as her father would want also.
    Fan approval.......I am not talking about approval from fans, and once again I am not talking about all fans- I am talking about absolute made up minds before the fact fans who could hear the greatest music ever sung come out of her mouth...and it would fall short of what they want and expect from ELVIS PRESLEYS OFFSPRING.....Some disliked her because of her bluntness and fiery personality when she was younger....why....because they did not like spunk or individuality-no....because that was not the way they expected ELVIS PRESLEYS DAUGHTER to act or talk(if shehad been a son-that would have been seen very differently) that was not fair.
    My loyalty and love is for Elvis also, but if Red West makes a good movie and his performance is good...I do not filter that performance thru the idea that he helped write "Elvis What Happened" but many people do...they can not forget that...so they automatically pan his performance and dismiss him.
    When Sonny wrote his latest book which was much softer in tone and stressed Elvis's good side much much more-many panned his book before it came out....because he helped write EWH. I think that was unfair.
    All these people are human beings and all fall way short of perfect-but so did Elvis........Elvis by all counts was quick to anger-but just as quick to forgive (in his own way)
    For a certain group of fans there can be no forgiveness and they will always filter their opinions of this group we are talking about thru the anger they have for past wrongs (or perceived wrongs) toward Elvis. No win. IMO
    That's fine that you and others like her music and style. Contrary on what may seem I don't wish her bad. If her music sells I say good for her, and if it doesn' I don't care. I don't have any problem either way. The only thing that bothers me is when it seems that you are not allowed to voice your opinion if it isn't a positive one when it comes to Lisa or anyone that was close to Elvis. That's all.

    And regarding what you say about Elvis' fans not liking her attitude, don't you think that she has her big share of responsability on that? It was Lisa who showed herself that way untill recently. When you have that kind of attitude you are going to get some criticism for sure, regardless of your gender and who you are related to. When you show negativity and contempt that's exactly what you get in return. And to top it all off it seems obvious to me that she did it on purpose just for the sake of shocking people, so it's ridiculous that she now complains for what she herself sought. There comes a point in life when you need to be responsible of your own actions.
    _________________

  15. #35
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    That's fine that you and others like her music and style. Contrary on what may seem I don't wish her bad. If her music sells I say good for her, and if it doesn' I don't care. I don't have any problem either way. The only thing that bothers me is when it seems that you are not allowed to voice your opinion if it isn't a positive one when it comes to Lisa or anyone that was close to Elvis. That's all.

    And regarding what you say about Elvis' fans not liking her attitude, don't you think that she has her big share of responsability on that? It was Lisa who showed herself that way untill recently. When you have that kind of attitude you are going to get some criticism for sure, regardless of your gender and who you are related to. When you show negativity and contempt that's exactly what you get in return. And to top it all off it seems obvious to me that she did it on purpose just for the sake of shocking people, so it's ridiculous that she now complains for what she herself sought. There comes a point in life when you need to be responsible of your own actions.
    Of course, her behaviour at certain points in her life has been questionable to say the least but we all learn from our mistakes and are able to grow. For LMP or any child in the spot light, their mistakes are there in the public domain and seem to constantly bite them on the arse. I don't care too much for LMP, Priscilla or the MM either, they just don't factor too much in my extreme admiration for Elvis. I'm in it purely for the music and the good looking guy, everything else is secondary.

  16. #36
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Thats fine, she is not everyones cup of tea....but believe it or not Elvis is not everyones cup of tea either. (which has always been hard for me to accept)
    My daughter has a friend in high school who use to come to our house and I was watching TTWII SE this girl liked the Righteous Brothers song "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling" so when they wandered thru the living room on the way to the kitchen I stopped them and told this girl to watch as a master sang that song better than the Righteous Brothers and she watched it "unimpressed" I at the end I asked her if that was not better than the original and she replied NO, I have never liked his voice that much!
    I was shocked and amazed....how could she not see the talent of Elvis in that performance?
    I guess no one pleases everyone...but it amazed me she was so adament about it.
    I personally think Elvis owns this song, I used to like the Righteous Brothers original version.............. that was until I saw Elvis performing it and fell in love with his vocal on it. Powerful song and one of my all time favourites. They are many covers Elvis has done that I think are better than the original, this is one of the reasons j'adore Elvis.

  17. #37
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Of course, her behaviour at certain points in her life has been questionable to say the least but we all learn from our mistakes and are able to grow. For LMP or any child in the spot light, their mistakes are there in the public domain and seem to constantly bite them on the arse. I don't care too much for LMP, Priscilla or the MM either, they just don't factor too much in my extreme admiration for Elvis. I'm in it purely for the music and the good looking guy, everything else is secondary.
    Well, yes. That's the negative side of fame, but you can't have the good side without the bad one. I guess it is worth for her, though, since she has choosen to be a singer and continue being in the spotlight.
    _________________

  18. #38
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    I personally think Elvis owns this song, I used to like the Righteous Brothers original version.............. that was until I saw Elvis performing it and fell in love with his vocal on it. Powerful song and one of my all time favourites. They are many covers Elvis has done that I think are better than the original, this is one of the reasons j'adore Elvis.
    perfect........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  19. #39
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    That's fine that you and others like her music and style. Contrary on what may seem I don't wish her bad. If her music sells I say good for her, and if it doesn' I don't care. I don't have any problem either way. The only thing that bothers me is when it seems that you are not allowed to voice your opinion if it isn't a positive one when it comes to Lisa or anyone that was close to Elvis. That's all.

    And regarding what you say about Elvis' fans not liking her attitude, don't you think that she has her big share of responsability on that? It was Lisa who showed herself that way untill recently. When you have that kind of attitude you are going to get some criticism for sure, regardless of your gender and who you are related to. When you show negativity and contempt that's exactly what you get in return. And to top it all off it seems obvious to me that she did it on purpose just for the sake of shocking people, so it's ridiculous that she now complains for what she herself sought. There comes a point in life when you need to be responsible of your own actions.
    Gender I really believe has a place in this discussion......IF she had been a son-many might have said with a smile-
    "Boy Elvis's son is a wild one, wow he takes no S**t from anyone!" and it would have been a badge of honor-sowing "his" wild oats
    But Lisa was not judged that way-you have to admit she was expected by many to be "Elvis's little southern daughter"
    I did not like her cocky attitude all the time either-but after some reflection I said to myself-she is just doing what most teens and young adults do-she is saying I do what I want and your rules do not apply....

    As far as she brought it on herself-sure she did-but that is who she is-she is independent, high spirited and carries a huge shadow on her shoulder.....I do not think she wanted to shock anyone-I think she wanted to rebel against everyone and everything....just like all normal youth do ...sometimes into their late 20s. Males sow their wild oats, but females are not given that option-they usually get called bit**es who are over the line.
    I do not like underlying prejudice and thats what we are talking about-that underlying sometimes hidden inner negative filter toward anyone or thing- and please understand I am not saying that you have this....never implied it-but many many fans and non fans do.
    IE Presleys daughter-can't have talent, can't have writing ability, can't accomplish anything... if not for her famous father name-unfair for anyone to be judged solely from a gut wrench knee jerk mentality-but many do just that.

    You and I have just been allowed to voice our fairly differing opinions about Lisa and the others, neither of us was not allowed to do so and I think both of us have shown respect to the other...thats what a forum is about differing ideas that are discussed pro and con.
    I don't feel thats wrong.
    Work in Progress!

  20. #40
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Carnegie Hall Presents Lisa Marie Presley on November 17

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Gender I really believe has a place in this discussion......IF she had been a son-many might have said with a smile-
    "Boy Elvis's son is a wild one, wow he takes no S**t from anyone!" and it would have been a badge of honor-sowing "his" wild oats
    But Lisa was not judged that way-you have to admit she was expected by many to be "Elvis's little southern daughter"
    I did not like her cocky attitude all the time either-but after some reflection I said to myself-she is just doing what most teens and young adults do-she is saying I do what I want and your rules do not apply....

    As far as she brought it on herself-sure she did-but that is who she is-she is independent, high spirited and carries a huge shadow on her shoulder.....I do not think she wanted to shock anyone-I think she wanted to rebel against everyone and everything....just like all normal youth do ...sometimes into their late 20s. Males sow their wild oats, but females are not given that option-they usually get called bit**es who are over the line.
    I do not like underlying prejudice and thats what we are talking about-that underlying sometimes hidden inner negative filter toward anyone or thing- and please understand I am not saying that you have this....never implied it-but many many fans and non fans do.
    IE Presleys daughter-can't have talent, can't have writing ability, can't accomplish anything... if not for her famous father name-unfair for anyone to be judged solely from a gut wrench knee jerk mentality-but many do just that.

    You and I have just been allowed to voice our fairly differing opinions about Lisa and the others, neither of us was not allowed to do so and I think both of us have shown respect to the other...thats what a forum is about differing ideas that are discussed pro and con.
    I don't feel thats wrong.
    Ken, in a galaxy far far away, you would definately be a Jedi Master, the force is strong in you

    Love the post, eloquently put and yes I completely agree things would be different IF she'd been the son of Elvis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 06:46 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 07:28 AM
  4. Lisa Marie Presley Thank You!
    By presley31 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 03:47 AM
  5. Lisa Marie Presley
    By Burning_Love in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •