Thread: Sally Struthers Dated Elvis?

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Sally Struthers Dated Elvis?

Interesting article....I never knew that dated. I wonder if this was before Elvis and Priscilla split or after, she says early seventies.

Sally Struthers sounded a bit distracted.

The two-time Emmy Award-winning actress from “All in the Family” and “Gilmore Girls” was in Maine doing a play and she had a house filled with guests. Her answers over the phone were polite but short.

Everything changed when the subject of Elvis Presley came up.

“Yes, it’s true, we dated (in the early ‘70s),” Struthers said as her voice warmed. “What a lovely, kind, good man. You don’t know how good he was to everyone around him. He was very polite, very inclusive. But he was caged animal. He had 100-miles-per-hour energy but he couldn’t go anywhere. He was trapped by his own fame.”

Struthers told a story about how she and a friend were driving through Los Angeles late one night in December and spotted Presley in the parking lot of an auto dealership.

“It was around 11 and it was raining,” Struthers said. “I hadn’t seen him in a while. I jumped out of the car, ran and jumped up and gave him a big hug. ‘What are you doing, E?’ Everyone called him E, at least all his friends did. And he said, ‘I’m Christmas shopping. I‘m buying five Mercedes for my boys (in his Memphis Mafia entourage). This is the only time I can shop.’ But that’s the world he live in. He was a kind, kind, kind man.”
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Re: Sally Struthers Dated Elvis?

Huh, thats a new one to me!
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

I have heard that they were acquaintances but they never dated.

Sally Struthers may be exaggerating the dating part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have heard that they were acquaintances but they never dated.

Sally Struthers may be exaggerating the dating part of it.
    I would think exaggerating alot-I have never seen her name mentioned in any of the 60 plus books I have read about Elvis that I can recall.
    But perhaps they met.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I would think exaggerating alot-I have never seen her name mentioned in any of the 60 plus books I have read about Elvis that I can recall.
    But perhaps they met.
    This is why I don't read nor believe what is written in books especially about Elvis, who has been gone for so long. Nobody can remember everything that has happened during their lifetime to put into a book without stuff being left out. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. Maybe she thought she did. The point I'm making is just because 60 plus books fail to mention a certain person or subject doesn't mean it didn't happen. I look at tell all story books written about someone's life as a betrayal attempt and not something that is 100% accurate. Now, with someone like Nancy Rooks who wrote her book to let fans know what it was like working at Graceland, I have no problem with that. She wasn't spreading dirt to make a profit, although she wrote the book to begin with because she needed the cash. As most do as it is.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Cadillac King

I had a look on the internet, and apparently Sally is mentioned in Joe Esposito's book, "Good Rockin' Tonight".

Huh, thats a new one to me!
    That was my initial reaction too!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I had a look on the internet, and apparently Sally is mentioned in Joe Esposito's book, "Good Rockin' Tonight".
    I stand corrected .....Yes indeed on page 121 of Joes book he talks of Sally and her friend Robin visiting Elvis one weekend in Palm Springs and that Sally and Elvis hit it off right away - Sally spent the evening singing at the piano with Elvis and Joe says she had a very low alto voice for such a small girl. It got late so both girls spent the night.
    Joe makes the point that Elvis did not sleep with every girl he came in contact with that he liked some just for their personalities and the next morning Sally was curled up with a pillow and blanket on the floor with curlers in her hair.
    But it sounds more like a casual friendship than "dating" in the way Joe describes it.
    Work in Progress!

love the way Joe calls it 'dating'(not just this story, just generally when she's talking about the women in Elvis' life)......makes me laugh
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I can't get the image of Sally Struthers portrayal in South Park out of my head. Bit unfair and very juvenile, but still.............. it's there in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    I can't get the image of Sally Struthers portrayal in South Park out of my head. Bit unfair and very juvenile, but still.............. it's there in my head.
    Well don't feel bad I can't get the arrest photo of her out of my head from a few days ago.
    But it was not as bad as the Nick Nolte arrest photo from years back
    Work in Progress!

Well don't feel bad I can't get the arrest photo of her out of my head from a few days ago.
    But it was not as bad as the Nick Nolte arrest photo from years back
    Hahahaha, yes I saw that too, but my first introduction to Ms Struthers was through South Park and they likened her to Jabba The Hut.

Actually my first recollection of her is from the Steve McQueen film "the Getaway" she had a small role in it and wow was she attractive.
    Work in Progress!