Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those who think that EPE is the good guys, read this

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Re: For those who think that EPE is the good guys, read this

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Thanks for the input-If this did happen perhaps it was some overzealous security person of a "temp employee" who did not understand the situation.
    But meet and greets are all about fan pictures and autographs so this does not make sense.
    80,000 people for the candlelight vigil-I would venture to say that is a success and the majority of them walked away happy. Thats the positive side.
    Equal balance is helpful when debating a subject and when no balance is present someone has to add that to level the field......for every negative their is a positive..... thanks for helping to balance the field.
    I just call'em as I see'em.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia

Perhaps this is what happened.

What if a fan owns a picture of Mary Ann Mobley and Elvis.

Okay the fan owns the picture not EPE and she wants Mary Ann Mobley to autograph it.

she's not trying to sell it she just would like Mary Ann to autograph it but EPE officials say no.

Would EPE be entitled to 33% if that were the case.

Now if EPE were actually selling pictures of Elvis at the event for fans to buy then they'd be entitled to profit from that.

Maybe that's what Mary Ann was talking about when she said she didn't want the fans to buy any photos from EPE for her to sign.

Because maybe Mary Ann Mobley doesn't really like the people at EPE and doesn't want them to profit from her.

Assuming Viva Elvis' quote is accurate.
    Last edited by Brian; 09-17-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Okay the fan owns the picture not EPE and she wants Mary Ann Mobley to autograph it.

she's not trying to sell it she just would like Mary Ann to autograph it but EPE officials say no.

Now if EPE were actually selling pictures of Elvis at the event for fans to buy then they'd be entitled to profit from that.

Maybe that's what Mary Ann was talking about when she said she didn't want the fans to buy any photos from EPE for her to sign.

Because maybe Mary Ann Mobley doesn't really like the people at EPE and doesn't want them to profit from her.

If the fan owned the picture previously it should be ok for it to be signed with no profit going to EPE. If the fan purchased the picture inside Graceland, then yes EPE do have the right to their cut. It may not seem fair to individuals who have purchased photos on site to see others who are seemingly getting it for free, but people live and learn.

To me this is much ado about nothing, mistakes happen people err and people overstep their bounds...since we are getting one side of a story its hard to say what happened in actual unfiltered fact. As we have seen this does not seem to be the norm for what happened at the 35th anniversary event-if anything it seems the exception.
    Others photos were taken, other autographs were signed and with no problem-not just at this anniversary but during the 30 years that Graceland has been open and had special events......that is IMO a fair statement.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I just call'em as I see'em.
    That is the way it should be, you did not editorialize the subject-you gave an honest view of what you saw, which is "first hand" and that is court approved evidence
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Exactly. I wished another certain member would see it this way instead of always trying to protect EPE and their wrong doings. It sounds to me that EPE told Mary that she couldn't do that on their property. If it had been me, I would have stepped to the curb of the road and taken the picture then told EPE to stuff it. .
    Does this make you mad?

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Does this make you mad?
    Since I am pretty sure I am "the certain member"-with all reflection upon the subject-NOPE.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

No, she said she didn't want to have to give EPE 33% of the earnings.

And my quote is strictly from the website that posted it, which is Elvis Express and they are very accurate on their info. In fact, they have stopped posting reports until they are factual. That's why I take their word for it aside from other outlets.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    If the fan owned the picture previously it should be ok for it to be signed with no profit going to EPE. If the fan purchased the picture inside Graceland, then yes EPE do have the right to their cut. It may not seem fair to individuals who have purchased photos on site to see others who are seemingly getting it for free, but people live and learn.
    But aren't they already getting a cut with the actual purchase of a the photo to begin with? Of course they are. They are just so money hungry and filled with greed and they always have been that they want more. My biggest problem with them has been just that, their greed and lack of class and respect for Elvis.

EPE has built Lisa an empire that will support her and her children and beyond. They deserve some credit for doing so and fullfilling the last wishes of Elvis A. Presley.
    IF someone wants to show me the roadmap in Elvis A. Presleys will that prohibits any course of action, or any avenue of revenue production that I have missed in reading it-I will be glad to read it.
    The forest blocks the trees, and then you don't get the full picture. Instead you develope a tunnel vision approach-which has one main point.
    Is that understanding of the total picture or is is looking for the flaws.
    Some hate the trinkets, well others buy them in droves....then they cut down the ones who buy them......but those people love Elvis and want the trinkets...is that such a crime.
    The Potato Head Elvis is a prime example-on surface its a horrid idea...but if you look deeper you see kids play with the Potato Heads and know the names of the differeing versions, so a child gets one learns Elvis Presley was a real person and perhaps that leads to a fan later in life but I know many hate it. Its no different than remixes, Duets albums, Viva Elvis in Vegas, or now "Virtual Elvis" if you approve of those ideas, then a Potato Head Elvis is no different-it makes a profit but also introduces someone to Elvis......pure and simple. Same with the myriad of products that have been marketed in Elvis's name since 1956 (which Elvis signed off on with Parker and approved) Selective reasoning seems to easy to some.
    Some dislike and put down the older fans, but they have supported Elvis and his image for nearly 60 years in generation after generation
    I do not put down younger fans, I do not want to discourage any fans who love the music and talent of Elvis.
    But I will always see the other side of any issue that is brought up in such black and white terms...... that make something the "White Night" and something else "Darth Vader"
    Black and white approaches in thinking leave out a huge area of understanding.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

I think they should be getting 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    I think they should be getting 50%.
    Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.
    Work in Progress!

But aren't they already getting a cut with the actual purchase of a the photo to begin with? Of course they are. They are just so money hungry and filled with greed and they always have been that they want more. My biggest problem with them has been just that, their greed and lack of class and respect for Elvis.
    I do understand what you're getting at Viva, but it's just business. EPE & Core will do whatever it takes to keep the money rolling in, we may not like or agree with it, but bottom line is they're trying to turn over a profit. I do like your threads but I sometimes feel you take it as a personal slight, without the rights to his music their hands are tied. They have to make money somehow and if what you originally posted is true, then it stinks, but business is business.

I do understand what you're getting at Viva, but it's just business. EPE & Core will do whatever it takes to keep the money rolling in, we may not like or agree with it, but bottom line is they're trying to turn over a profit. I do like your threads but I sometimes feel you take it as a personal slight, without the rights to his music their hands are tied. They have to make money somehow and if what you originally posted is true, then it stinks, but business is business.
    great post.........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.
    And thanks for pointing out the obvious.

TCB Mafia

Deep breath.

Obvious? In what way?
    It's called a joke-I'm sure Rocknroll got it, sorry it went over your head.
    Work in Progress!

Great post that pinpoints the truth of any situation where items are owned sold and protected in business.
    Sure it would be great in a perfect world that everything works exactly as we all wish life would work.... like
    Parker having had a little more creative instinct in him and less "grab every dollar at all costs", that Elvis' had taken better care of his financial situation invested more in growing his wealth and spent less, that the pre 73 catalogue had never even been considered for sale to RCA at any price, that Parker had made better deals for Elvis in Vegas, that Elvis had finally toured Europe and grown healthy, tan and fit....that Elvis did not die and leave a mess of intricate financial problems that Vernon further extended when he signed the deal with Parker to continue running the show.
    All these things in a perfect world would not happen, but each one did and each one set the stage for what we have today.
    EPE is not perfect (as Apollo isn't, nor Sillerman, nor Parker, nor was Elvis) but they have done the job, they have kept the doors in Lisas hands, and they have had to fight every step of the way since 1982......I point out one last time-other people took photos with celebs at the 35th celebration and all other celebrations over the last 30 years and this is not the norm (f it is all 100% exactly correct) to now add it to a list of "Darth Vader" type wrongs is just not fair.....especially since CORE is the main stockholder.
    Very reputable friends of us here on the forum that attended the 35th event have attested to seeing nothing like this in their experience of seeing autographs given, photos signed and taken by fans. That tells me this "ONE" story is not the norm, not the way its usually done.
    Am I not seeing this in proper perspective? Have I missed something? I think not.
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12