Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ginger Alden book about elvis

Re: Ginger Alden book about elvis

i didn even bother my arse to read the rest of your post about ginger ..if she was a so called gold digger why then is she only writeing a book now !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    It's funny Elvis liked soft spoken women Priscilla, Linda, Ginger and Ann Margaret being the most soft spoken.
    Yes, they all had very soft voices, Ann-Margret, I think was the very best. I did not know any of them personally, but I am sure all of them are very nice or ELVIS would not have been interested in them.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Ginger was far too young and inexperienced to be with someone like Elvis, with all his issues.
    There have been stories about her going out with another Man, and making excuses not to stay at Graceland or go on tour with Elvis, all sounds like a woman who doesn't love 'her Man'. Her family were too involved which has a feel of someone 'on the make'......

I just feel sorry that Linda couldn't stay any longer, who knows how things would have panned out if she's been around
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Loving elvis

Ginger made a fan group on facebook called Ginger Alden and Elvis presley...looks like she stopped being quiet.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I just feel sorry that Linda couldn't stay any longer, who knows how things would have panned out if she's been around
    To be fair to Linda she hung in there for 5 years and by the end of that time was pretty much a nurse maid, she knew Elvis was in terminal decline and couldn't stay around to see that happen. I don't blame her for going, I also don't blame Ginger for not understanding what was needed to be done to protect Elvis at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    To be fair to Linda she hung in there for 5 years and by the end of that time was pretty much a nurse maid, she knew Elvis was in terminal decline and couldn't stay around to see that happen. I don't blame her for going, I also don't blame Ginger for not understanding what was needed to be done to protect Elvis at that time.
    No, I don't blame her Matt. I'm sure she had to deal with a lot over that time. The difference in him from 72 to 76 was staggering, must be hard when you love someone to see them self destruct
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Loving elvis

Linda was right in there and the good ole MM thought the world of her for all the things she did to help elvis but in the end there relationship went down the drain for many reasons. I don't really feel elvis loved her like she was the love of his love but more like a buddy relationship.

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Ginger made a fan group on facebook called Ginger Alden and Elvis presley...looks like she stopped being quiet.

I just checked and Gingerīs not in the group, only her sister Rosemary.

No, I don't blame her Matt. I'm sure she had to deal with a lot over that time. The difference in him from 72 to 76 was staggering, must be hard when you love someone to see them self destruct
    I can't imagine how hard it must be to see someone you love just fall into a cycle of drug dependency and self denial. There are a lot of Linda haters out there and to be honest I think like you, she did her best given the circumstances.

Linda was right in there and the good ole MM thought the world of her for all the things she did to help elvis but in the end there relationship went down the drain for many reasons. I don't really feel elvis loved her like she was the love of his love but more like a buddy relationship.
    Perhaps Elvis was still looking for the person to replace Priscilla, but five years with one person is a long time to not love someone like that?

Loving elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    I just checked and Gingerīs not in the group, only her sister Rosemary.
    Ginger is there in the group. She was posting some stuff today. Both sisters are running it.

Loving elvis

I can't imagine how hard it must be to see someone you love just fall into a cycle of drug dependency and self denial. There are a lot of Linda haters out there and to be honest I think like you, she did her best given the circumstances.

Perhaps Elvis was still looking for the person to replace Priscilla, but five years with one person is a long time to not love someone like that?
    Good point but some say elvis never loved priscilla either and he was with her longer so i guess we will have to agree and disgaree

Whether Tom Parker 'forced' Elvis into marrying Cilla or not, you've only to see the home movies......he did love her, and he looked happy. This was 'off camera' not for publicity purposes

Loving elvis

Whether Tom Parker 'forced' Elvis into marrying Cilla or not, you've only to see the home movies......he did love her, and he looked happy. This was 'off camera' not for publicity purposes
    Seems strange that Anita said the col parker stopped elvis from marrying her but he forced elvis marrying pricilla..Doesn't add up to me as the turth.

Agree Deb.

Good point but some say elvis never loved priscilla either and he was with her longer so i guess we will have to agree and disgaree
    I think Elvis loved Priscilla and Linda, he would never have stopped with either had he not IMO

Absolutely agree, I just don't buy that Elvis was just upset that Priscilla left him for another man! Elvis loved her

I think Elvis loved Priscilla and Linda, he would never have stopped with either had he not IMO
    Originally Posted by debtdbruno

Absolutely agree, I just don't buy that Elvis was just upset that Priscilla left him for another man! Elvis loved her
    I agree with both of you, he definately loved Priscilla and her leaving him for another man cut him deep.
    Last edited by Jumpsuit Junkie; 09-11-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: fixed quote box

Loving elvis

can't disgree with you there.
    Last edited by Jumpsuit Junkie; 09-11-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: fixed quote box

Seems strange that Anita said the col parker stopped elvis from marrying her but he forced elvis marrying pricilla..Doesn't add up to me as the turth.
    your talking about women from two different decades. Elvis was just starting when he was with Anita, Tom Parker didn't want him 'settled and married'.....he was supposed to be hot! dangerous! sexy!.....not a Husband and Dad.
    Also Cilla had been living at Graceland.....that was about the scandal of her age when she moved in, and then not following through with a commitment to her and her Parents

Loving elvis

your talking about women from two different decades. Elvis was just starting when he was with Anita, Tom Parker didn't want him 'settled and married'.....he was supposed to be hot! dangerous! sexy!.....not a Husband and Dad.
    Also Cilla had been living at Graceland.....that was about the scandal of her age when she moved in, and then not following through with a commitment to her and her Parents
    True enough but i still don't buy elvis being pushed into marriage by the Parker, more like priscilla's parents or mom. Just my thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12