Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time for Aloha From Hawaii to get overdue respect

Re: It's time for Aloha From Hawaii to get overdue respect

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I could be wrong Jenni, but the HIC (Neil Blaisdell) isn't that big inside. I've not been inside (only wrapped myself around Elvis outside.......lol) think it holds around 2000 people
    According to the pedia, it can hold up to 8,800 for stage events. I know you can't trust everything you read on wiki, but if that statement is true, was this his 2nd biggest audience?

The audience attendance for Aloha was 6000.

It would have been more but for the huge set and backdrop which took up a lot of seats. I have heard estimates that the set actually took up 2000 seats.

So Aloha was far from being Elvis' second-biggest live audience.

Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post
    The audience attendance for Aloha was 6000.

It would have been more but for the huge set and backdrop which took up a lot of seats. I have heard estimates that the set actually took up 2000 seats.

So Aloha was far from being Elvis' second-biggest live audience.
    Thanks JR. So what was the 2nd? I've read the Pontiac in 1975(?) was his biggest audience attendance, is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Thanks JR. So what was the 2nd? I've read the Pontiac in 1975(?) was his biggest audience attendance, is this correct?
    Yes Pontiac '75 had 60,500 in attendance and was Elvis' biggest audience ever.

Elvis' second-biggest audience was probably the 8pm show at the Houston Astrodome on 3rd March 1974. Attendance: 44,175.

I just wanted to add something regarding any future releases of Aloha- it would be nice to have recent interviews with those people who worked on the show: Of course Marty Pasetta & also Ray Klausen the art director who designed the stage and all the flashing lights would be 2 good people to start with.

And it would be great if they could track down the Don Ho girls who appeared in the filler scenes and get their memories of working on the show. Even if they never got to meet Elvis, it would be interesting to hear them talk about watching the show when it aired etc.

It's possible that the TCB band have already been filmed talking about Aloha for a future release. If it's true that they were all interviewed recently for the Prince From Another Planet set, this would have been a good opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get their Aloha interviews on record as well.
    Last edited by JRtherealJR; 09-04-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS_ View Post
    I'm sure they have tons of video footage from different angles as well. They could re-edit the footage and re-mix the audio to an all new high.
    People on Youtube have already remixed the Soundtrack with the Video and some did an awesome job.

-Does anyone know if they recorded the Rehearsal for Aloha where Elvis is wearing the MSG press conference jacket in the empty concert hall?
    (not the back up show two nights before in case anything went wrong with the airing of the program)

So was the remix of "That's The Way It Is" (Special Edition) the only acceptable remixed project of Video and Sound?
    Would be nice to see, "Elvis On Tour" and "Aloha From Hawaii" done the same way.
    This has been debated before-and supposedly officially the cameras were not dedicated cameras that continued to film from that angle and had their own tape machine for the entire show-direction for which shots were used happened as the show was being done.
    Some have suggested that this is not the case and that other footage exists-but the Deluxe Aloha DVD set supposedly contains all the footage taped.
    If there is any other footage it should pop up next year somewhere.
    The outtakes for TTWII and EOT came out about 8-10 years ago in bootleg form, the EOT special has been out in bootleg form for years also.....I would think that if any unseen Aloha footage was available it would have also made its way out in some form in the last 10 years...
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    they could use the Japanese filmed version form what I've heard it is shot from differnt angles than the released version. Part of teh documentry coudl include the shows he did in Hawaii in 1972 I've read they were like a practice run for the Aloha show.
    I have seen the Japanese version and saw little difference.
    Work in Progress!

I will admit the Quadradisc sound had much better sound to my ears when it was played on a Quad system-but without the Quad system the sound was not really impressive on the record.
    Work in Progress!

The final decision on this idea-will probably depend upon the success of the "Prince from Another Planet" sales.....and the Catch 22 is that the sales of "Prince" will depend IMO on how well its promoted and the quality of the video footage.......if word of mouth pans the release-fans will not buy and that will put reflective pause into the powers at Sony on a new SE Aloha re-issue.
    As I pointed out 30#1s had one full year of promotion that escalated as the release neared-we just found out about Prince..... in the last couple months so promotion has been lacking.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post
    Yes Pontiac '75 had 60,500 in attendance and was Elvis' biggest audience ever[/B].

Elvis' second-biggest audience was probably the 8pm show at the Houston Astrodome on 3rd March 1974. Attendance: 44,175.

I just wanted to add something regarding any future releases of Aloha- it would be nice to have recent interviews with those people who worked on the show: Of course Marty Pasetta & also Ray Klausen the art director who designed the stage and all the flashing lights would be 2 good people to start with.

And it would be great if they could track down the Don Ho girls who appeared in the filler scenes and get their memories of working on the show. Even if they never got to meet Elvis, it would be interesting to hear them talk about watching the show when it aired etc.

It's possible that the TCB band have already been filmed talking about Aloha for a future release. If it's true that they were all interviewed recently for the Prince From Another Planet set, this would have been a good opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get their Aloha interviews on record as well.
    Thanks again for the concert info, pretty impressive stats. The rest of your post, yep I agree, it would be a nice inclusion if they could or have got recent interviews for future use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12