Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

  1. #1
    International Level nabelt24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    579

    My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    After discovering my Dad's pics of Elvis are displayed in the insert of "Another Saturday Night, Shreveport 1975", during a recent trip to my parents house I found (in addition to the photos I previously scanned and shared here) seventeen slides in very good quality of Elvis, Charlie Hodge, The Sweet Inspirations and more. I found this to be very exciting and I can't wait to have them all converted.

    I'm still in the process of working up a letter to FTD/RCA about the use of my Dad's pictures and will keep you up to date on the progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 253848_517151351634948_190268216_n.jpg   295229_517153991634684_1322476765_n.jpg  

    Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    Quote Originally Posted by nabelt24 View Post
    After discovering my Dad's pics of Elvis are displayed in the insert of "Another Saturday Night, Shreveport 1975", during a recent trip to my parents house I found (in addition to the photos I previously scanned and shared here) seventeen slides in very good quality of Elvis, Charlie Hodge, The Sweet Inspirations and more. I found this to be very exciting and I can't wait to have them all converted.

    I'm still in the process of working up a letter to FTD/RCA about the use of my Dad's pictures and will keep you up to date on the progress.
    Interesting. Good luck with in dealing with FTD/RCA.

    I like the CD by the way, it's a great show.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  3. #3
    Backstage Pass ELVIS_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    111

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    Very Cool Nathan!
    There is Only One Elvis

  4. #4

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    You should try and sell them on Ebay. You'll probably get more for them there than you will from Ernst and RCA.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    I really like the version of How Great Thou Art on this CD. Elvis says, I can do better than that, I missed a note. Then he really belts it out on the second try.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  6. #6
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    Great fortune for you to find the new slides
    Work in Progress!

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia hounddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,645

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    I don't think he's trying to sell the slides. Good luck with getting your Dad's pics acknowledged as being used in the FTD release.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

  8. #8
    International Level nabelt24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    579

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    I don't think he's trying to sell the slides. Good luck with getting your Dad's pics acknowledged as being used in the FTD release.
    You're correct that I don't wish to sell them... I'm keeping them in the family for as long as I can. That's for sure. But, there are some really great pictures of him (Elvis) and I've decided not to make the same mistake I did before and openly post all of them. Maybe sometime down the road I may change my mind? We'll see.

    Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

  9. #9
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834

    Re: My Dad's Pics of Elvis in Shreveport, June 1975

    Quote Originally Posted by nabelt24 View Post
    You're correct that I don't wish to sell them... I'm keeping them in the family for as long as I can. That's for sure. But, there are some really great pictures of him (Elvis) and I've decided not to make the same mistake I did before and openly post all of them. Maybe sometime down the road I may change my mind? We'll see.
    Hang onto them for dear life, and make sure they are in a fireproof box.

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Similar Threads

  1. Elvis in Shreveport, LA June 7, 1975
    By nabelt24 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 08:55 PM
  2. SHREVEPORT ON TOUR 1975 ALTERNATE COVERS
    By jean francois in forum (alternate) Artwork discussion and Work-In-Progress
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
  3. Candid Footage - Texas, 7th June 1975
    By spinout-designs in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 06:29 AM
  5. Can someone post more pics of June and Elvis?
    By ComeBackChick in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •