Thread: PRISCILLA & LISA MARIE GRACELAND INTERVIEW TODAY

PRISCILLA & LISA MARIE GRACELAND INTERVIEW TODAY

Nice interview from inside Graceland- however, Lisa Marie still refuses to actually speak the name "Elvis".

At 1:45 in the video, the interviewer says to Lisa:
    "What did you call your father, Lisa Marie?"

LMP: "Daddy"

Interviewer: "Never Elvis?"

LMP: "I did say it a few times and he wasn't too thrilled....I would call him that because I kept hearing it being yelled, you know, by women...."

Funny how LMP replies "I did say IT a few times" and "I would call him THAT". She clearly goes out of her way to avoid saying the name "Elvis". She could just as easily have replied "I did call him ELVIS a few times"- but she chose not to.

I wonder why she has a phobia of speaking his name?
    Last edited by JRtherealJR; 08-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Re: PRISCILLA & LISA MARIE GRACELAND INTERVIEW TODAY

I saw an interview a few months ago where she did say his name.

I think like children is used telling father or mother more than the parents name i think. but i think only Lisa know the answer why she dont do it

Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post

Nice interview from inside Graceland- however, Lisa Marie still refuses to actually speak the name "Elvis".

LMP: "I did say it a few times and he wasn't too thrilled....I would call him that because I kept hearing it being yelled, you know, by women...."

Funny how LMP replies "I did say IT a few times" and "I would call him THAT". She clearly goes out of her way to avoid saying the name "Elvis". She could just as easily have replied "I did call him ELVIS a few times"- but she chose not to.

I wonder why she has a phobia of speaking his name?
    Maybe for the same reason that others don't call their fathers by their first name. It's her father. Not her uncle or cousin or brother.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Very nice video and interview. Thanks for posting.

[QUOTE=JRtherealJR;413693]

I wonder why she has a phobia of speaking his name?[/QUOTE]
    See I do not see it as a sign of a phobia-she says her father was not thrilled when she called him that, and now she is 35 years older and her father has been deceased 35 years-not saying the name is perhaps "just remembering he liked her to call him Daddy" and she now thinks of him even more strongly as Daddy or father.......Elvis wanted her to remember he was not a huge star to her-he was her Dad, perhaps its her way of remembering or honoring his wish.
    I do not know many people that refer to their father by his name-its almost always Dad, father, daddy (my daughters call me Pops-I would not like them to call me by my first name either-I am their father first and foremost)
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    I saw an interview a few months ago where she did say his name.
    Which interview?

I call my dad by his first name quite a lot, but I also call him dad just as often. I don't do it out of disrespect, it's just a little joke between us. I don't think people should read too much into her words.

Which interview?
    I donŽt remember it right now. But IŽll find out and then IŽll post it here.

I've never called my parents by their first names. It was considered disrespectful when I was growing up. Our children also call us mom and dad and our grandson does the same. Probably Elvis grew up with the same idea and Lisa is following suit as we are...nothing strange in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I've never called my parents by their first names. It was considered disrespectful when I was growing up. Our children also call us mom and dad and our grandson does the same. Probably Elvis grew up with the same idea and Lisa is following suit as we are...nothing strange in that.
    What's strange is the total absence of her ever saying the name "Elvis". Ever.

Even when it would naturally come up in conversation for her to say it, she clearly avoids saying it at all costs.

It's not just when referring to the name "Elvis" as in the context of being her father's name. When talking about Elvis the product, Elvis the phenomenon, Elvis as a week-long event, Elvis as a movement, Elvis as an influence, Elvis as a corporation......she never actually uses the name "Elvis".

Yes, Elvis was the name of her father, but the name is also contained in the title ELVIS Presley Enterprises, so has Lisa ever actually spoken the words "ELVIS Presley Enterprises"? Again, this would not be within the context of saying the name of her father, but saying the name of a business entity; but again she has never even spoken the name in this context.

And what about "ELVIS week" in the context of an event? Nope, she's never said this either.

So when people say "Well I also never called my father by his first name", but this is clearly not the whole argument as it applies to Lisa, because her father's name encompasses many facets (as in Elvis Week, Elvis Presley Enterprises, Elvis fans etc.)- but she still refuses to speak the name "Elvis".

I would love someone to post any video here where she says his name and prove me wrong.
    Last edited by JRtherealJR; 08-18-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Loving elvis

Thanks for posting. I haven't been around for awhile so l'm catching up on what i missed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    I donŽt remember it right now. But IŽll find out and then IŽll post it here.
    I take it you haven't remembered yet?

I take it you haven't remembered yet?
    No, I havenŽt found it yet. I donŽt remember on which website I saw the interview.

Aside from what I said above, maybe Lisa doesn't use the name Elvis because to her "Elvis" was the entertainer but "Daddy" is just hers that she never had to share. I think she's rather possessive of him and I can understand that losing someone she loved so much at a young age.

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Aside from what I said above, maybe Lisa doesn't use the name Elvis because to her "Elvis" was the entertainer but "Daddy" is just hers that she never had to share. I think she's rather possessive of him and I can understand that losing someone she loved so much at a young age.

I agree with you, Diane, we can still see the pain in Lisa's eyes from losing her father, and the awkwardness of the subject that brings up her emotions that she doesn't want to have displayed in public, and rightly so. To delve further into speaking about Elvis brings up Lisa's emotions, so she tries to stay detached with her replies when being interviewed. Detachment is necessary.

Losing Elvis is personal to Lisa, her feelings are her own, they don't belong to the public, which we can understand.

agree there girls......and the big difference is, when we as 'non famous' people have our kins die, time fades the hurt. Because this is 'Elvis' his fans won't let him 'die', and he's always in the media, talked about, seen everywhere etc, etc......memories don't fade like it does normally
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    agree there girls......and the big difference is, when we as 'non famous' people have our kins die, time fades the hurt. Because this is 'Elvis' his fans won't let him 'die', and he's always in the media, talked about, seen everywhere etc, etc......memories don't fade like it does normally
    Very true, Deb, I agree with you. Lisa's sad memories would be topped up continuously with EPE as a business, interviews that Lisa grants, and the fans asking her questions.

Among other times, some of us remember those we love on the anniversary of their death - imagine being reminded of such a tragedy, that of losing your father, constantly!

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    i agree about that too and i even know even people lose their love ones in 11 september has the same sadness going on every year.

might be hard being famous and follow all people reminds people about that all the time

they should leave Lisa in peach. if she dont wanna share it in public than better respect it