Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What Cd ?

TCB Mafia
    They did this on FECC a few weeks ago...found it interesting as to which Cd's were being played

I'm really into the FTD memphis show at the moment...rarely off the cd player...with So High a close second.

Some of the alternates on So High are fantastic and as we (i say we...i hope most of you got yours too ) got free replacements...the dodgy cd ( if thats what you call it...a split second error ) is in the car. And being played every day.

You'll never walk alone is AWESOME and i can't believe that they have left it this long to release it :cry:

I'll give essential Elvis ( Rythm and Country ) a mention too...as thats been on the computer most in the last few days
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Nice topic...

Today I've been listening to an "oldie" Such A Night.

It has a great selection of alternates and the sound and mixing are just awesome!

On top of that it came to mind that the packaging and artwork are very nice, much better than some of the FTD's.

Sonny

mine would have to be 'still rockin' the nation' which is played almost all the time with 'jungle room sessions' a close second

My recent most-played CD is Suspicious minds-'69 anthology....I'M NEVER TIRED OF LISTENING TO LONG BLACK LIMOUSINE OR AND THE GRASS WON'T PAY NO MIND!!!!!!!!
    How can I spend a day without listening to concert recordings- this week it's As recorded on stage in Memphis
    Yes...you called, honey?

Big favo at the time is A hunderd years from now. But I've got a lot of listening to do, so maybe that will change soon

Cadillac King
    At the moment it's anything from the '68 Special. I am trying to picture what we could expect from the DVD. A few little gems are cropping up. has anyone noticed on the video of the '68 Special, during one of the stand up segments, where the camera has focused on the audience, there is a shot of Jerry Schilling's wife sitting next to Joanie Esposito, with Charlie (I think it's Charlie) behind them. He is looking very glum.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Just listened to SPRING TOURS '77 this evening!

And...as always, TODAY is right at hand!!

GREAT QUESTION!!!
    TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Cadillac King
    The songs from 'Today' are classics don't you agree? That era in Elvis' career is pure heaven........but there's still a lot of people out there who don't have any idea about what he was doing at that time.....
    Carolyn

I AGREE COMPLETELY CAROLYN!!!

As I have mentioned before in other posts, TODAY is my favorite Elvis album of all time!! There's just something about that album....it has a little bit of everything, from country ("Susan When She Tried") to great ballads ("Pieces Of My Life", "Woman Without Love", "Green Green Grass Of Home") to awesome cover versions ("I Can Help", "Fairytale") to good ol' rock n' roll ("T-R-O-U-B-L-E")!!

I think it is just such a great album from top to bottom....I never get tired of listening to it!

I am so glad that you agree Carolyn!! You have GREAT taste!!

TCB!
    Mike

Cadillac King
    You know, I can't listen to 'Pieces of My Life' without shedding a tear. It happens every time........There are lots of songs that people associate with various times in Elvis' life, and some may or may not be true, but this song.........I think it captures the whole story....from the very beginning to the end.....I mean, obviously Elvis didn't know when he was going to die, but he must have sensed he was really travelling an alternate path than one he should have been travelling.....
    Carolyn

EXCELLENT ASSESSMENT CAROLYN!!

In my opinion, "Pieces Of My Life" and "My Way" are probably 2 of the most introspective recordings that Elvis made during the 1970's (and maybe even during his entire lifetime)!!

As I said Carolyn, you have OUTSTANDING TASTE!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB Mafia
    Just giving A Hot Winters Night In Dallas another play....re-doing the cover, i realised i hadn't played the show for ages.

It has to be one of my favourites from'76.
    TCB Chris.

"Way Down" The Last studio sessions is what im playing now..

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Listened to "Thank You Very Much" yesterday evening in the kitchen while cooking for the "Mothersday Dinner"

When that CD was finished I started another of my alltime favourites: "Brightest Star On Sunset Blvd". That 2-CD serie really keeps enjoying me. I just love that being-there feeling. That's why other TTWII related CD's are also favourites of mine.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Originally posted by Albert@May 10 2004, 08:57 PM
    Listened to "Thank You Very Much" yesterday evening in the kitchen while cooking for the "Mothersday Dinner"

When that CD was finished I started another of my alltime favourites: "Brightest Star On Sunset Blvd". That 2-CD serie really keeps enjoying me. I just love that being-there feeling. That's why other TTWII related CD's are also favourites of mine.
    Cooking and Elvis

Backstage Pass
    So High and the fourth disc of the Vegas box set are my current favourites. Check again next week for different titles.
    Also, the Status Quo CD` Riffs' is cool,.
    rick
    rick

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I've always must think of that scene in "This Is Elvis" where the local DJ in the town where Elvis would perform on August 17, talks about The King performing in that city the next day and turns on "His Latest Flame". Then in contrast to that excitement in that city, we're taken back to Memphis where the King is found dead that same moment.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

That thought comes to mind everytime you hear that, don't it?

Today I did a lot of drivin' and listened to the concert cd from TTWII SE...

A very good show!

Sonny

TCB Mafia
    Well, i got home at six...had tea...Gammon and chips....Very Nice

Decided to have a change tonight and listen to some Elvis

I decided on the FTD Too Much Monkey Business....not everyones favourite...but i think its terrific stuff
    TCB Chris.

Not enough hours in the day.
    I listened to the Burbank Sessions Today.

Good choice NightRider

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast