Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Graceland announcement coming?

Re: Major Graceland announcement coming?

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Apparently you missed the news coverage around the world on the Elvis Experience in Brazil last month. It was a massive success for both Elvis and EPE. It proved there is still an Elvis market outside of Graceland and America. But as for the plans that you claim aren't coming, they're coming, eventually. Just on a lighter scale than what they had originally proposed. We're at the end of an economical recession that sat America back financially. That's why those plans never materialized. Things change.
    Apollo-Needing proof that Elvis has a market outside of America??? that is proof to many that they may not have a clue to the grand scope of Elvis and his legacy of fans that continues to grow even as the powers that be sit and cut bait.
    Work in Progress!

Here's a news report from Fox in Memphis about the renovations on Elvis Presley Boulevard. The groundbreaking date is in 2 weeks, November 15. Check out the middle section design at the four way crossing of EPB and E. Brooks Rd. Very cool! Looking South and it resembles a big W. Looking North and it resembles a big M.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/19...-starts-nov-15
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Update: The upgrades to Elvis Presley Boulevard are officially beginning this Thursday morning with a special groundbreaking ceremony with Memphis Mayor AC Wharton and Whitehaven district councilman Harold Collins. I can't believe it's actually going to happen after all this time that they have tried to get it done. Better late than never.

brilliant news, thanks Viva
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Thank heavens hopefully they will be done by the 40th anniversary, that would be great.
    "Music is the voice that tells the human race it is greater than it knows" -Napoleon Bonaparte

Here's a news video on the official beginning of the street upgrades that began today. Sounds like everyone in Whitehaven is excited and optimistic about what it will mean for both businesses and tourists. It's only expected to take about 3 years to complete and Mayor Wharton says it will get done under his watch. http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/video?cl...autoStart=true

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Thank you Viva for posting the video. All those people can thank one man for those improvements....E-L-V-I-S. I don't think it would have happened without him.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Thank you Viva for posting the video. All those people can thank one man for those improvements....E-L-V-I-S. I don't think it would have happened without him.
    Very true! But I do have to give Memphis councilman Harold Collins some due credit too. He was relentless for years trying to get it done and it succeeded. I find it funny that it took a native of Memphis to get the city's attention when Jack Soden and EPE failed to for 30 years.

Very true! But I do have to give Memphis councilman Harold Collins some due credit too. He was relentless for years trying to get it done and it succeeded. I find it funny that it took a native of Memphis to get the city's attention when Jack Soden and EPE failed to for 30 years.
    With all due respect-Soden and EPE have had the citys attention ever since Graceland opened and the dollars began to roll into city coffers that increased yearly. Soden and EPE are not the city planners, nor the city elected officials, nor the Genies with a magic lamp...city, state and county officials make the decisions concerning what is and is not done.
    Work in Progress!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Here's a news video on the official beginning of the street upgrades that began today. Sounds like everyone in Whitehaven is excited and optimistic about what it will mean for both businesses and tourists. It's only expected to take about 3 years to complete and Mayor Wharton says it will get done under his watch. http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/video?cl...autoStart=true
    Thanks so much for posting the video clip Viva!

All I can say is that it's about time! That area has drastically needed improvement for years, and it's about time that the city of Memphis has finally gotten their act together and is getting started on this project!! Once this project gets started, other projects - including (hopefully) the proposed expansion of the Graceland complex - will also get underway!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Thanks so much for posting the video clip Viva!

All I can say is that it's about time! That area has drastically needed improvement for years, and it's about time that the city of Memphis has finally gotten their act together and is getting started on this project!! Once this project gets started, other projects - including (hopefully) the proposed expansion of the Graceland complex - will also get underway!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Sillerman's original plans got scrapped and were way too expensive to take on. The economy is most likely about to take another hit from upcoming budget cuts to happen in early 2013 and another possibly sending us into another recession. Unfortunately, this will only push back expansion even further.

Sillerman's original plans got scrapped and were way too expensive to take on. The economy is most likely about to take another hit from upcoming budget cuts to happen in early 2013 and another possibly sending us into another recession. Unfortunately, this will only push back expansion even further.
    Believe me Viva, I know EXACTLY what you're saying...

Hopefully the new plans EPE are working on for the Graceland expansion will be designed in such a way that perhaps they can do it in smaller pieces, a little at a time, and as the economy recovers, they can move full steam ahead...

TCB!
    Mike

Believe me Viva, I know EXACTLY what you're saying...

Hopefully the new plans EPE are working on for the Graceland expansion will be designed in such a way that perhaps they can do it in smaller pieces, a little at a time, and as the economy recovers, they can move full steam ahead...

TCB!
    Mike
    The EPE plans will be whatever CORE?Apollo will allow.
    Apollo is in the driver seat and perhaps finally.... since Memphis ,after 35 years of reaping high returns on tourist dollars and taxes, is beginning improvement-Apollo may allocate some of those "deep pocket dollars" to something substantial.
    But time will tell-as I have said for years
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    On this you and I can totally agree-without his drawing power to bring Memphis big bucks this may not have ever happened.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Apollo is in the driver seat and perhaps finally.... since Memphis ,after 35 years of reaping high returns on tourist dollars and taxes, is beginning improvement-Apollo may allocate some of those "deep pocket dollars" to something substantial.
    My understanding is that EPE/Core (formerly CKX) wasn't going to begin any expansion until the city did it's part. Now that the city has begun renovations of the boulevard, the newly revised expansion plans for Graceland should start to come together. At least that's the hope of city officials.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    That's what I meant...sorry for the typo...

TCB!
    Mike

That's what I meant...sorry for the typo...

TCB!
    Mike
    No problem my friend
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12