Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: understanding lisa

Cadillac King

understanding lisa

Having been critical of Lisa Marie in the past, Upon reading Inside Elvis and finding out that during difficult moments in her life she used to phone up Aunt Delta for advice and help only for her to stop taking her calls because she felt she had to stand on her own two feet I begun to acknowledge that Lisa has had things quite difficult.
    Having had no family from her fathers side to guide her and raise her she has only had the Beaulieus and they have been no support to her.
    She certainly wasn`t close to her mother and even though Priscilla likes to make out otherwise I still don`t believe they are that close.
    For Lisa to admit on Oprah that she has only just bonded with her mother in the last couple of years at 37 years of age Isn`t something to be proud of If I was Priscilla.
    Lisas closeness to Linda Thompson made Priscilla bitter and when Elvis died the woman that she phoned wasn`t her mother but Linda.
    I don`t think Priscilla has helped her daughter deal with Elvis`s death.
    Lisa can`t talk about the day he died and has trouble talking about him at all which means she hasn`t dealt with his death.
    Instead of her mother doing magazine interviews, writing Elvis and Me, doing the talk show circuit she should have been at home talking to her daughter about him.
    When Priscilla was critical of Elvis on oprah saying "he didnt really know" in regards to the fact that he was spoiling her and had no idea how to raise a child Lisa put her head down and gave the familiar look of someone who had heard her mother criticize her father many times before. She certainly didn`t look happy about it.
    At the end of the show when Priscilla was hawking the musical all shook up, the book and dvd elvis by the presleys Lisa didnt know where to put herself and looked very embarrassed at being associated with cashing in on her father.
    She didnt like it.
    I don`t like Lisas music and I am still appaulled by her language and her attitude on certain occasions and her lack of interest in the Elvis world but we must accept her for the way she is.

After reading & watching Lisa for many years; I agree with you 100%.

In spite of her language, she's defending herself & her dad in many ways,IMO. She won't say much about him & nothing relating to 8/16/77 . I was surprised to see her on that "Presley by the Presley's" .
    Of course ,there were few Presleys in that thing.
    I've seen her on Oprah when she did some interviews too. She said she & her mother were not close. When Priscilla came on O, Lisa was visibly upset & looked like she felt intimidated.
    In fact in some of the interviews, she said as much.

It's way past time for someone to help her deal with her fathers death.
    Scientology does not accept psychiatry . But, IMO ...it would help her a great deal. So, I try to not judge her too harshly.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/2005...0328_207.jhtml
    Last edited by ajr; 05-06-2007 at 04:40 AM.

Joanne, I've always felt sorry for Lissa for all the reasons you have stated above. From the day she was born I was sure her life wasn't going to be easy.

I've read that early in her pregnancy Priscilla talked to Elvis about having an abortion because they were having problems but he was against it. Then it was told about how she worried everyone by riding her horse at full tilt during her pregnancy - was she trying to get rid of her child then too?

When Lisa was a child Priscilla always bragged how she was the strong disciplinarian of the two parents and Elvis simply spoiled her. I often wondered if she ever got much cuddling from her mother. You can't go by pictures.

I also feel very strongly that Lisa's bad language and shocking comments on some interviews was for shock value and a cry for help. She's calmed down quite a bit the last couple of years.

I'm not terribly fond of her music material but as I've stated before, I find her voice a welcome change from the shriekers we hear so much today - I'm not a Whitney Houston fan.

All in all I think she's doing the best she can with what she was handed and I do hope that she's found love and comfort with Michael at last.

I agree with you diane, it seems that Lisa has so much hurt and disappointment. Priscilla should off been there for her no matter what, kids always come before boyfriends, but in lisa case she was always getting shipped off here and there, so priscilla could do what ever she wanted. Not long after elvis death, priscilla shipped lisa off to summer camp, l think that is just insenstive to do that to someone who just lost there father. Lisa turly needs the happeniss and be accepted for who she is and the person she has become.
    Without a song,the day would never end.
    Without a song,a man ain t got a friend.
    Without a song,the road would never bend,
    so I keep singing a song. Elvis Presley

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    I was surprised to see her on that "Presley by the Presley's" .
    Of course ,there were few Presleys in that thing.
    Well, it was called "Elvis By The Presley's", so i would expect some Presley's to be in it, wouldn't you?

As usual it's ALL Priscilla's fault!! Same s##t, different topic!!
    Last edited by TCBEP; 05-06-2007 at 09:45 AM.
    TCBEP

I want to entertain people. That's my whole life. To my last breath.
    Elvis Presley (1935 - 1977)

Quote Originally Posted by TCBEP View Post
    Well, it was called "Elvis By The Presley's", so i would expect some Presley's to be in it, wouldn't you?

As usual it's ALL Priscilla's fault!! Same s##t, different topic!!
    My mistake; not awake when I posted that .
    Thanks for the correction.
    You can probably tell....I can't say I liked it.

I don't think I said anything bad at Priscilla though. Surely, we can all read & make our own deisions .

Coming On Strong
    You can probably tell....I can't say I liked it.
    What's not to like, rare footage of Elvis, insightful interviews, what more do you want?
    TCBEP

I'd already seen most everything shown.
    Just needed more "Elvis " in there .
    {I'm talking about the TV program.}

Kinda bothered me when they tried talking to Lisa about Elvis too.
    She started crying & waved the camera away.....
    I wondered why they even left that in......??

TCB Mafia
    that part of Lisa was indeed sad to see but so human and real.

When I saw her reaction to his death I knew I would never have to bother again even reading an article about the alive theorie.

One look at her face and I knew enough, Elvis did die on that terrible 16th of August 1977

It was indeed human & real.....but, there comes a time when enough is enough, IMO.
    None of us have a right to interfere in her sadness. I don't care how much the press thinks differently. Thing is; this wasn't even the press, but just a docu. made & sold . She has a right to her privacy on certain issues.
    Whoever allowed that are not at the top of my "friend list."

Coming On Strong
    It was indeed human & real.....but, there comes a time when enough is enough, IMO.
    None of us have a right to interfere in her sadness. I don't care how much the press thinks differently. Thing is; this wasn't even the press, but just a docu. made & sold . She has a right to her privacy on certain issues.
    Whoever allowed that are not at the top of my "friend list."

As i sais earlier the documentary is entitled "Elvis By The Presley's", and was sanctioned by "The Presley's" and ok'ed by "The Presley's" - both Priscilla and Lisa, so what was on that documentary is what "The Presley's" wanted us to see!
    TCBEP

You're right .....but, I don't have to like it.

I was trying to be nice & keep my mouth shut for a change about who sold it .
    Of course, there are no Presley's anymore.

Unfortunately, Lisa will be measured as an entertainer in Elvis standards. I don't like the language she uses, but it's what's out there now. Some of the music I like, & I like that she's writing it herself. She should be judged on her own merits.
    I don't compare the Beatles to Elvis, even though they all claim that Elvis was a HUGE influence in their music. Same goes for Bono, Jon BonJovi, Eric Clapton, & all the rest. And while Bob Dylan is IMO the greatest writer ever, I would not pay a dime to hear him sing live or on tape. Now if Lisa came to my hometown & were to play at the 2-Oh-5 Bar, I would pay to go listen to her. I wouldn't expect her to sing her father's songs, or to sound like him, but it would be interesting.
    I wonder if Lisa will ever truly stand on her own as an entertainer? It took Hank, Jr a long time to break away from his daddy's image.

Ajr
    Did you forget Lisa is a presley?
    Last edited by presley; 05-07-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presley View Post
    Air
    Did you forget Lisa is a presley?
    Not legally, anymore .
    Though, bloodwise, I accept her as one ...
    She looks just like her daddy.....
    Patsy was there from the Presley side; but technically, she's no Presley either . Most of the Presleys & Smiths are gone that any of us knew .

Coming On Strong
    Not legally, anymore .
    Though, bloodwise, I accept her as one ...
    She looks just like her daddy.....
    Patsy was there from the Presley side; but technically, she's no Presley either . Most of the Presleys & Smiths are gone that any of us knew .
    Did she change her name legally? She could have gotten married and still kept the Presley name.
    TCBEP

I agree with Presley - I definitely consider Lisa still a Presley - blood is thicker than (water) legalities ha. I've never heard whether she kept her maiden name of not, does anyone know?

Diane

Coming On Strong
    Her web site still says Lisa Presley so I don't think she changed her name.

http://lisapresley.com/

She did keep her name, that name means the world to her, cause its her dads last name.

Definitly not important enough to disagree .....
    She has much more of a right to use it than her mother .
    While I don't like her music ; I agree with her sentiments about her father's "friends."

Read Lisa's interviews: She tells it like it is. Maybe, she will be the one that writes the "Real Elvis Story ." I can understand where she's coming from.

The other song explicitly about her father is called "Nobody Noticed It." It was written after a day when, clicking through the TV channels, she stumbled across the E! True Hollywood Story: The Last Days of Elvis in which many of her father's associates and hangers-on talked about his downfall. "I couldn't believe they were trying to take his dignity -- Sonny West, Marty Lacker, Red West, all these people that were worse than him." These were all people she knew from his lifetime: "They scared the hell out of me when I was a kid, too. I remember seeing the Playboys, the drugs, the women -- I watched it all, and I watched them. I know the real story behind all of them, and I know what they're out there doing."

After seeing the program, she was in shock. She couldn't sleep, she was so angry. "I just thought, 'You slithering mother****************ers have no right. None. You were responsible for this just as much as he was. His dignity was one of the most important things to him, and you are trying to take it away.' "
    Last edited by ajr; 05-07-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast