Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis in Love

Elvis in Love

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I just discovered by pure chance that Elvis in Love will be on the Bio channel on the 16th August 2012. It's obviously a documentary about the women in his life, but the small advert I saw I didn't know any of the ladies in question. For those with Sky TV, the Bio channel is 156.

Re: Elvis in Love

just looked on TCM UK....nothing on at all near the Anniversary. Thought Ted Turner was an Elvis fan?

Have you read Baby Lets' Play house, Jenni?.......that's all about the women in his life
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Okay I am going to provide a link for a preview for this bio special.
    http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk...rlfriends.html

In it Alanna "Hack" Nash says that Ann Margaret was "every bit his equal in talent" referring to Elvis. Even though she is a fellow Kentuckian I have never had much use for Alanna Nash she has managed to further damage her own credibility with this insane statement. Let's be honest here Ann Margaret cannot sing or act, believe me I have tried to find out what the big deal about her is and have come up with nadda, zilch, zero. Yeah sure she looked cute and could dance fairly well, but my guess is without the connection to Elvis' name she would have easily faded and no one my age would even know her name.

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by josephinebeau View Post
    Okay I am going to provide a link for a preview for this bio special.
    http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk...rlfriends.html

In it Alanna "Hack" Nash says that Ann Margaret was "every bit his equal in talent" referring to Elvis. Even though she is a fellow Kentuckian I have never had much use for Alanna Nash she has managed to further damage her own credibility with this insane statement. Let's be honest here Ann Margaret cannot sing or act, believe me I have tried to find out what the big deal about her is and have come up with nadda, zilch, zero. Yeah sure she looked cute and could dance fairly well, but my guess is without the connection to Elvis' name she would have easily faded and no one my age would even know her name.

In show business, it must always be about "The Package". Furthermore, movies and entertainment were a bit corny at those times, which was fashionable.

Ann Margaret is a very nice person, very welcoming and inclusive, which means easy to work with; she also may have been just about irresistable to most men, which means dollars to sell her Brand. That is my opinion as to why.
    Last edited by Turbo; 08-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.

she's the only one that hasn't done a 'tell all' book on him...........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    So true and that's one of the reasons I respect her deeply also as her talent. I truly trust her words she will never write a book with private details about her relationship she had with Elvis (unlike some of them have).
    What comes to her talent.......
    She has a very own style and I think that's the reason that got her this far and not the relationship to Elvis. Of course everybody can have their own opinions about it. This is mine so please, don't send your soldiers on my neck lol

just looked on TCM UK....nothing on at all near the Anniversary. Thought Ted Turner was an Elvis fan?

Have you read Baby Lets' Play house, Jenni?.......that's all about the women in his life
    I tried to set my Sky to record this yesterday, but it would only let me go as far as the 14th August, so I'm going to try it tomorrow and have a look at TCM too.

I haven't read that book Deb, there are so many I have yet to get but I will try and get this

Ive looked in the Radio Times magazine for next week today and to my bitter dissapointment & surprise this is all that is being shown on tv to mark Elvis 35th anniversary . This will be the first big anniversary ( ie the 10th , 20th , 25th , 30th ) that the BBC or ITV havent marked . Im in Ireland and none of our 4 mainstream channels are marking it either . This does not bode well for the future , not one major channel in Britain or Ireland mentioning him on such a major anniversary or any major or significant cd release by Sony .

I highly respect Ann Margret that she not write about was between her and Elvis!

Most people write books about Elvis even if they just rubbed on him in the elevator - grrrrrr!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alabama_sun View Post
    So true and that's one of the reasons I respect her deeply also as her talent. I truly trust her words she will never write a book with private details about her relationship she had with Elvis (unlike some of them have).
    What comes to her talent.......
    She has a very own style and I think that's the reason that got her this far and not the relationship to Elvis. Of course everybody can have their own opinions about it. This is mine so please, don't send your soldiers on my neck lol
    wise words Steffie. i agree 100% with all you say
    "you don't know it until it hits you"

you're the tea in my coffee - i'm the coke in yer choc

Cant believe Elvis 35th anniversary being ignored by the major networks like this and people are still just talking about Ann Margret . To me this has major implications for the future .

Quote Originally Posted by poor boy View Post
    Cant believe Elvis 35th anniversary being ignored by the major networks like this and people are still just talking about Ann Margret . To me this has major implications for the future .

Do not panic!
    I think I will not be so bad.
    In my country ( Poland ) we have planned three major events.
    I also have something in the plan
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poor boy View Post
    i'm pretty sure there will be something coming up the next week. it's weird if there won't be.... but who knows. there definitely should be something for fans.
    "you don't know it until it hits you"

you're the tea in my coffee - i'm the coke in yer choc

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Here in the states on the 16th TCM is airing the usual Elvis movies throughout the day. They also are showing the Elvis on Tour documentary.

That is all I see at the moment.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.ht...ate=2012-08-16

This will give the line-up for Elvis movies on TCM - EST. I hope other channels will celebrate, too, I've already seen the Elvis Live concert on GAC last week. It was great.

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Cadillac King

Yes, Debtdbruno, which is telling to Ann Margaret's character and all the reasons why, in my opinion, she would have been so bankable, too.

Quote Originally Posted by J.P View Post
    i'm pretty sure there will be something coming up the next week. it's weird if there won't be.... but who knows. there definitely should be something for fans.
    I have got the television guide for next week and checked it compleatly and unfortunately its true not one major mainstream network in Britain or Ireland are showing even one programme . Even TCM in Europe who can always be relied on to mark Elvis anniversary are showing nothing . Like i said a bad omen for the future .
    Last edited by poor boy; 08-10-2012 at 11:29 AM.

UPDATE:

Tuesday 14th August 2012 (UK)
    Taking Care of Elvis @ 7pm (Documentary charting a group of Aussie fans pilgrimage to Memphis for the 20th Anniversary)
    Elvis and June: A Love Story @ 8pm

Thursday 16th August 2012 (UK)
    Skys Bio Channel (156) will also be playing Elvis: The Last 24 Hours @10pm

Don't waste you time watching "Elvis In Love"....its trashy & makes Elvis look like he was only interested in having sex with underage girls with some very derogatory words against him.

Quote Originally Posted by barbsteve66 View Post
    Don't waste you time watching "Elvis In Love"....its trashy & makes Elvis look like he was only interested in having sex with underage girls with some very derogatory words against him.
    Well thanks for the heads up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast