Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

  1. #1

    Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    According to sources, the producers of the hit show, X Factor are planning a must-see season finale with their top contestants performing duets with holograms of Elvis, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse among other dead music stars. While I do think it's cool and could bring new interest to Elvis, I wonder if Core Media will allow it. The reason I say that is because X Factor is a spin off of American Idol and a strong competition and IDOL is owned by Core Media. It would be like feeding your enemy with more ammunition.

    If it does happen, then it makes Lisa's claim that "nothing is in the works" look like a lie.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    According to sources, the producers of the hit show, X Factor are planning a must-see season finale with their top contestants performing duets with holograms of Elvis, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse among other dead music stars. While I do think it's cool and could bring new interest to Elvis, I wonder if Core Media will allow it. The reason I say that is because X Factor is a spin off of American Idol and a strong competition and IDOL is owned by Core Media. It would be like feeding your enemy with more ammunition.

    If it does happen, then it makes Lisa's claim that "nothing is in the works" look like a lie.
    You see I do not see it as looking like a lie- why does a statement of fact at the time "nothing in the works" have to mean anymore than it is at the moment it is said?
    If this rumor is true-those who would perceive what Lisa said as a lie-are perhaps just looking for some reason to pin that on her with no real basis in fact.
    I can tell you at this moment in time nothing is in the works for my job-and tomorrow 24 hours later that will change, or perhaps nothing of 100% concrete fact is ready to be announced even though something is being worked upon......that does not make my statement a lie (to try and deceive anyone)....at that moment in time-it is factual.
    It may very well be that at "the moment in time" nothing was of any consequence in the works, or perhaps it was-but she had not made privy to that info-........until they felt it was ready to show her-for her approval.
    Also how could X Factor even hint that Elvis would be used in anyway in their show-without some discussion with Core already? If the "performance of Elvis" is similar to the American Idol Celine Dion duet-we've seen it....and it was not a hologram (stickler for fact)
    (Tupac was not a hologram...boy that term has sure been thrown around losely since that Tupac 16 century magic trick)
    Work in Progress!

  3. #3
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Evidently nothing is set in concrete about who will appear in "hologram" at least as of this moment in time:
    ............The producers of the (X Factor)reality show want contestants in the final to duet with the deceased stars in hologram form, just as Snoop Dogg did with the image of dead rapper Tupac at Coachella this year.

    Using computer generated images of stars who are still alive is being considered as well after executives saw Celine Dion perform with holograms of Stevie Wonder and Elvis Presley during both a gig and an American Idol performance.

    "The X Factor has to keep getting better so they are looking at holograms as a way of creating a splash," a source told The Sun.

    "Imagine Elvis or Amy Winehouse at the grand final. It would be incredible TV and an amazing experience for contestants. The technology's there and has been used on several big stages.”

    "The X Factor final is perfect for something like this. It nearly happened last year after show boss Richard Holloway saw the Stevie Wonder hologram at Celine Dion."........



    I guess we will have to wait and see.....again.
    Work in Progress!

  4. #4

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Evidently nothing is set in concrete about who will appear in "hologram" at least as of this moment in time:
    ............The producers of the (X Factor)reality show want contestants in the final to duet with the deceased stars in hologram form, just as Snoop Dogg did with the image of dead rapper Tupac at Coachella this year.

    Using computer generated images of stars who are still alive is being considered as well after executives saw Celine Dion perform with holograms of Stevie Wonder and Elvis Presley during both a gig and an American Idol performance.

    "The X Factor has to keep getting better so they are looking at holograms as a way of creating a splash," a source told The Sun.

    "Imagine Elvis or Amy Winehouse at the grand final. It would be incredible TV and an amazing experience for contestants. The technology's there and has been used on several big stages.”

    "The X Factor final is perfect for something like this. It nearly happened last year after show boss Richard Holloway saw the Stevie Wonder hologram at Celine Dion."........



    I guess we will have to wait and see.....again.
    August 04th 2012
    ELVIS ON X FACTOR - X FACTOR bosses are
    plotting their most spectacular stunt to date getting the
    hopefuls to sing with Elvis and other pop legends.

    Elvis Presley and other icons would be brought back to
    “life” as HOLOGRAMS for the series final as .

    The Canadian singer, Celine Dion [44], also sang with
    a 3D hologram of Elvis on American Idol a few years
    ago on the Kings show stopping power perform.

    http://elvis-express.com/

    And a news report on the plan.

    http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/65325
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    The source for my post is:
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...ichael-Jackson
    The story says they are looking at the idea of "holograms" (once again that term is used incorrectly) but it also says
    "using computer generated images of stars who are still alive"......... is also being considered for their seasons end.
    So all I was saying is that nothing is set in stone-X Factor may want a season finale on the moon-but what is wanted and what can reasonably be accomplished are very different things....especially when dead entertainers rights are owned by others.
    Now that is not a negative post it is stating the info that is available "up to this moment"
    Work in Progress!

  6. #6

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The source for my post is:
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...ichael-Jackson
    The story says they are looking at the idea of "holograms" (once again that term is used incorrectly) but it also says
    "using computer generated images of stars who are still alive"......... is also being considered for their seasons end.
    So all I was saying is that nothing is set in stone-X Factor may want a season finale on the moon-but what is wanted and what can reasonably be accomplished are very different things....especially when dead entertainers rights are owned by others.
    That's exactly what I said to begin with. I'm not so sure that they have even consulted with Core on this matter. There's no evidence that they have. Why would a entertainment company lend rights to their biggest competition to use a star of theirs? My point though about Lisa was that if this did go through that it contradicts what she said just weeks ago. I'm willing to bet that the crew at X Factor didn't just come up with this just out of the blue. This was already planned for a while but is just now going public. These things take time to put together.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    One more thought on this-if it does happen...I hope they will explain how it was done and not "hype" it as a HOLOGRAM.
    HYPE is the only reason the term is used-it sounds much more futuristic and "special" and so far none of the special performances have been a hologram. You could not walk behind the singing Tupac or walk around or see him in a 360 circle.... that would be a hologram.
    So far we have seen a multitude of computer and camera optical tricks and magic optics dated back centuries... with the Elvis Idol duet even a standin on stage with Celine Dion, who walked out and was seen from the back in some shots.
    These can be amazing affects-but the hologram tag is misleading.
    Work in Progress!

  8. #8
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    August 04th 2012
    ELVIS ON X FACTOR - X FACTOR bosses are
    plotting their most spectacular stunt to date getting the
    hopefuls to sing with Elvis and other pop legends.

    Elvis Presley and other icons would be brought back to
    “life” as HOLOGRAMS for the series final as .

    The Canadian singer, Celine Dion [44], also sang with
    a 3D hologram of Elvis on American Idol a few years
    ago on the Kings show stopping power perform.

    http://elvis-express.com/

    And a news report on the plan.

    http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/65325
    I read thru your sources and it really does not contradict my thoughts......the idea is being considered-but nothing (as of now) is ready or firmly decided upon.... quote from your second source:
    ....an insider claims that those who work on the programme are still looking for ways in which it can improve and that its boss, Richard Holloway, was inspired after witnessing Celine Dion duet with a hologram of Stevie Wonder during a concert. "The X Factor has to keep getting better so they are looking at holograms as a way of creating a splash," they said, before adding:
    Work in Progress!

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Well, if he does appear on X Factor I would rather they just let Elvis sing by himself, he doesn't need anybody’s help.

    Can I get an AMEN!
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  10. #10
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Well, if he does appear on X Factor I would rather they just let Elvis sing by himself, he doesn't need anybody’s help.

    Can I get an AMEN!
    What you say is so true!
    Work in Progress!

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Well, if he does appear on X Factor I would rather they just let Elvis sing by himself, he doesn't need anybody’s help.

    Can I get an AMEN!
    absolutely................
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  12. #12

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Well, if he does appear on X Factor I would rather they just let Elvis sing by himself, he doesn't need anybody’s help.

    Can I get an AMEN!
    You have my Amen, cause he certainly doesn't need any help

  13. #13
    TCB Mafia Snake Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Elvis to appear in hologram on X Factor season finale

    I actually read this in the Sun while on holiday and I have to admit I shudder at the thought of any X Factor contestants singing with Elvis or any of the deceased artists mentioned. X Factor was significantly down in viewing figures last year and they need the hype, I don't watch this type of program as it's so cliched on many levels. Elvis doesn't need X Factor / American Idol / Highschool Musical or whatever!

Similar Threads

  1. Vote For Elvis Hologram
    By Brian Quinn in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 08:21 PM
  3. Hawaii 5-o finale features Elvis!
    By nolvis in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 11:24 AM
  4. Elvis on O'Reilly Factor tonite(Fox News)
    By MissyM in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM
  5. Two Elvis Songs on the American Idol Finale
    By Lee82 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •