Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "PRINCE FROM ANOTHER PLANET: 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION" Presents Madison Square Garden

Re: "PRINCE FROM ANOTHER PLANET: 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION" Presents Madison Square Ga

does make you wonder why Brian?.........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Re: "PRINCE FROM ANOTHER PLANET: 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION" Presents Madison Square Ga

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Apparently they are doing TWO separate releases. One being the 3-disc set featuring that DVD and the other being a Legacy Edition release featuring the original album and the new remixed version of the evening show. I told you months ago that I felt that Sony was pushing the An Afternoon In The Garden disc at Wal-Mart to get rid of back inventory to make way for a new upgraded version or set. I knew what I was talking about, which is why I was irritated at your negativity about it. The world is filled with pessimistic and negativity as it is and sometimes we just need to be optimistic and positive and not see things for the wrong but for the right.
    Yes you told us your thoughts on the subject months ago-but never said you were in on information that no one else had?
    I ask this because that is the "only way you could know 100% about anything concerning releases by Sony"-everything else is a surmised guess (educated or otherwise) We all have them-sometimes they end up correct-other time way off base.
    If you knew "100% from sources within Sony" and had said as such-the skeptism would have been non-existent. You never said this.
    If you knew "100% as fact" that a DVD of "unreleased concert footage" was to be part of the set-and said so with sourcing from Sony-my skeptism would have been non-existent-the DVD of "unreleased concert footage " makes all the difference in the world to the idea behind releasing the set-so close to selling nearly 500,000 units at $5 bucks a piece. My thoughts as a man who has been involved in business still make sense considering I had no knowledge of consequence about any 100% sure DVD inclusion with unreleased concert footage" That would have changed my thinking-because it changes the mathmatical equation 360!
    Now having said that-let me say this, if the footage ends up being blurry, not synced well and not edited for maximum viewing pleasure-this set will not do well....
    The hype so far has been toward "fans" ........the surprise about the footage is what the buzz is about (and that so far is working) but not much is going on to get others interested in this release-perhaps that will change-but if the footage ends up as I said blurry, choppy etc-then this will not be a big seller to those "others"
    Isn't that the idea of this type release-remastered, better sound, better mix-.........video to introduce Elvis to new potential fans?
    As far as negativity....isn't introducing the thought that Lisa may be perceived as lying with her "nothing in the works" statement introducing negativity toward Lisa?
    I read the rumor you posted from unknown sources and did not think Lisa was perhaps lying-until you brought up the subject.
    IMO Your post could have stood alone without that statement and your information would be totally intact. But that last statement brought negativity into the post that really is speculation. IMO
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    I have checked with the RIAA and the new album release will count as a 'new' one and sales will not be added to either original album. Whilst these releases are great for fans they do nothing towards getting Elvis new awards.

Brian

Thank you Brian I was pretty sure that was the case.
    Work in Progress!

I also want to say in a "positive way" that I am hoping that this DVD footage is done in a quality way-as a fan any new footage that is not grainy and choppy is always hoped for whenever some new release is announced-but having seen many announcements that end up not being as hyped-does give one pause to think......
    I hope this is pushed to younger people in a good marketing campaign-like 30#1s-since they waited till this last month to start any campaign-we will see if the "surprise" works.
    Work in Progress!

Regarding the difference in sets, so does the 3 disc set [dvd] have both shows remixed, and the 2 cd set have just the evening show remixed ? can we get a diffinitive explanation on what we get ?

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    Regarding the difference in sets, so does the 3 disc set [dvd] have both shows remixed, and the 2 cd set have just the evening show remixed ? can we get a diffinitive explanation on what we get ?
    From my understanding, yes, the 3 disc set is all remixed while the 2 disc set will be original 1972 album plus the new remix of it.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

I have checked with the RIAA and the new album release will count as a 'new' one and sales will not be added to either original album. Whilst these releases are great for fans they do nothing towards getting Elvis new awards.

Brian
    I know what you mean, but on the other hand, a new product to repackage the original outdated version is much needed and overdue. However, the Afternoon In The Garden cd will probably reach GOLD status before this set is released as it only needs 20,000 more copies to sell. Which is also why Sony decided to release it at such a low price to clear out inventory to get back some of the lost profits and to make way for the new set.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I know what you mean, but on the other hand, a new product to repackage the original outdated version is much needed and overdue. However, the Afternoon In The Garden cd will probably reach GOLD status before this set is released as it only needs 20,000 more copies to sell. Which is also why Sony decided to release it at such a low price to clear out inventory to get back some of the lost profits and to make way for the new set.
    Well there are 2 ways to look at this-if there are still 20,000 copies of AITG still on WAlmart shelves it may reach gold....but in my area there are 5 Walmarts and one Superwalmart-and for months I have not seen AITG
    The Best Of Love, Elvis Country, The Rocker are still in stock....but not one AITG.
    If you produce a cd for a couple bucks with very little overhead (artist royaltee) you are in little danger of "lost profits" these were not all leftovers from the initial release I bought my aunt one and I'm sure one of the dates on the back was 2010. Sony has made a killing on these $5 buck budget sales.....mainly because they do not have to pay the estate 10-12% of each sale in royaltees.
    If this box set is a huge success it will be because of the DVD-pure and simple......if not....Sony may regret the 500,000 sales that led up to the sets very very recent announcement. For this set to have legs-more than fans will have to buy it...any talk of advertising-using the concert footage in a TV promotion, magazine ad buys etc.....?
    I sincerily hope the DVD is great it is the swing vote-because otherwise we could have another huge blunder in marketing.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

It appears that the PFAP release has been put back to 12th November, 2012.

Brian

Brian
    Yes, I got a notice about this also, thanks so much.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Brian
    I got the email earlier too, no info as to why it's been put back though.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I was sad to see my email earlier today. I was ready to rock on the 30th.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Oh shoot... I'm very excited about this, anyone has any info on the sound? Any samples? They should make a teaser at least...
    Poke a little sock salad...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123