Thread: How did you meet your soul mate (wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend)

How did you meet your soul mate (wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend)

Well as it says in the title of the thread I would like you to share how did you meet your soul mate. Do you have any interestng stories? The thread inspired me because of my own story when I met my beautiful wife. She lived all the way in England and I lived in Croatia. We met on a music forum just like this one. We were communicating over messenger sending each other pictures talking about life and different things. It was funny cause it seemed as we've known each other for a 100 years. 6 months after that my wife (back then internet friend) came to visit me and stayed. We went on a pilgrimage called the Camino de Santiago starting in France and finishing in Santiago,Spain. We spent 2 of the most beautiful months in Spain and the a month in England. On our 6 month anniversary I proposed o my back then girlfriend. Her eyes were full of tears she said yes and a year and a half after that we were married. On the 15 th august will be our 5th anniversary since we started dating. When people ask us still nowdays how we've met they are pretty amazed. Anybody else has maybe an interesting story like this one? I think this could be an interesting thread. Let's see...
    Last edited by Kajo; 07-25-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Re: How did you meet your soul mate (wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend)

Congrats Kajo ... you know its not uncommon nowadays to met people online then fell in love and make the relationship works no matter what. I met my boyfriend at work he was one of the guest at a Hotel i work at ... he went and stayed for a some Business meetings .. that was sometimes in May 2010, and we're still in relationship, he lived 550 miles away, so emailing, texting, calling and skype-ing are our daily routine , actually 2 nights ago around midnight he called me and telling me of how grateful he is to have me in his life. I am praying and hoping he will be my last true love.

Well yeah. When my last girlfriend left me I thought this was it for me and I really thought I won't find anybody anymore. I was on the net and I didn't go on any dating sites or stuff like that. But then one day I went to a forum just like this one a music forum and there I met this gorgeous woman (my wife) and as you said first it started with pm-ing then messenger, mobile phones...I didn't have skype back then and well the rest is history but I hope just like you that she will be my last true love and that we will stay together till we grow old. We have a very good relationship. Your story is also very nice and believe me buttonhead we also spent a lot of time apart so I know what you're going through and it's not always easy but if you love somebody very much nothing is too hard. Congratulations buttonhead and thank you for sharing your story and I keep my thumbs up that everything will work out with your guy and that he will be your last true love.

I have been married for 39 years this month-and met my wife on a blind date.
    But we actually first met as kids of 6-my mother moved onto a dead end street after my dads death-and it was behind a hill where another street was at-my wife lived in the house on the top of that hill and she played with me in my front yard......never knowing that 17 years later we would go on a blind date, marry a year later and stay married for 39 years.
    When we were dating I recognised the house down the hill and told her I use to live there -we put 2 and 2 together and realised we had met years before. SOUL MATES
    Work in Progress!

KPM- Ken, thats a long time , Congrats for the 39 years being together , wow, my parents been married 37 years, they were in a long distance relationship before they got married , but it worked well for them, and stay together. lots of ups and downs as many long term married couples have , but they made it alright.

Kajo, yes its true, long distance sometimes work sometimes dont, i think its more like many things in life, if you have the will there is a way. He will fly to see me here next month soo excited.. and look forward to it. thank you for your kinds words. Likewise, I wish the best for you both , Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    KPM- Ken, thats a long time , Congrats for the 39 years being together , wow, my parents been married 37 years, they were in a long distance relationship before they got married , but it worked well for them, and stay together. lots of ups and downs as many long term married couples have , but they made it alright.

Kajo, yes its true, long distance sometimes work sometimes dont, i think its more like many things in life, if you have the will there is a way. He will fly to see me here next month soo excited.. and look forward to it. thank you for your kinds words. Likewise, I wish the best for you both , Cheers..
    39 years seems like a short time for me-its all seems to have gone by so fast. I can honestly tell you we are so close its not even funny.
    Hand and glove, salt and pepper, sun and moon.
    Hard work goes into any long term marriage and we have put in that effort ..........just like your parents have. Congrats to them.
    Work in Progress!

Like Kajo after my marriage ended I thought that was it for me. A long while later, after promising myself I never would, I bought a computer. Always thought they were a time waster but it would be good for finding information. As any Elvis fan would I decided to see what I could find on the net. Among many other things I came across TCB. I registered and soon made some good friends. One of these was a young lady in the UK. I got the courage to talk to her in the Chat Room. Hand on heart, I was not looking for romance, just company, someone to talk to. Of course,that question came up, "How old are you?". Always being honest with my dealings with people on the net I told her. "Oh" she said " You should go to My Elvis World as they have older people there." Man, that hurt ! After I recovered I decided to check MEW out. I liked what I saw and set up a profile. I decide to start an album of Elvis cartoons, something different. Not long after doing this I got a message from a lady in Iran telling me, politily, that she did not like one of the cartoons. I told her I would delete it, which I did. She was very impressed with this and messaged me to tell me so. Before long I found that she was also on TCB, and our friendship continued there.
    Four years later we are still friends and very close. There is no romance, nothing physical, but there is something stronger than that . . . a very spriritual bond. I knew that we were soul mates when I used to chat to her on Yahoo and TCB and we would practically know what the other one was going to say.
    We have shared much over those years, both tragic and funny. I have also chatted to members of her family.
    I may never meet this lady, but to me she is very,very special and I care for her very much. I would defend and protect her from anything. When it is time for me to go I leave knowing I have known a true Angel. Perhaps in the next life things will be different.
    Last edited by Cliff; 08-23-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Like Kajo after my marriage ended I thought that was it for me. A long while later, after promising myself I never would, I bought a computer. Always thought they were a time waster but it would be good for finding information. As any Elvis fan would I decided to see what I could find on the net. Among many other things I came across TCB. I registered and soon made some good friends. One of these was a young lady in the UK. I got the courage to talk to her in the Chat Room. Hand on heart, I was not looking for romance, just company, someone to talk to. Of course,that question came up, "How old are you?". Always being honest with my dealings with people on the net I told her. "Oh" she said " You should go to My Elvis World as they have older people there." Man, that hurt ! After I recovered I decided to check MEW out. I liked what I saw and set up a profile. I decide to start an album of Elvis cartoons, something different. Not long after doing this I got a message from a lady in Iran telling me, politily, that she did not like one of the cartoons. I told her I would delete it, which I did. She was very impressed with this and messaged me to tell me so. Before long I found that she was also on TCB, and our friendship continued there.
    Four years later we are still friends and very close. There is no romance, nothing physical, but there is something stronger than that . . . a very spriritual bond. I knew that we were soul mates when I used to chat to her on Yahoo and TCB and we would practically know what the other one was going to say.
    We have shared much over those years, both tragic and funny. I have also chatted to members of her family.
    I may never meet this lady, but to me she is very,very special and I care for her very much. I would defend and protect her from anything. When it is time for me to go I leave knowing I have known a true Angel. Perhaps in the next life things will be different.
    Cliff, you sound like a true gentleman. Age is just a number

Buttonhead I'm so happy for you I knew it's gonna happen for you. Have a good time.Keep it up!

@KPM Wow dude hats down. Can't believe it. Great story. Thx for sharing btw.
    Last edited by Tommy; 09-05-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post

He was the firstest with the mostest.

Loving elvis

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    39 years seems like a short time for me-its all seems to have gone by so fast. I can honestly tell you we are so close its not even funny.
    Hand and glove, salt and pepper, sun and moon.
    Hard work goes into any long term marriage and we have put in that effort ..........just like your parents have. Congrats to them.
    wow that is awesome to hear..not many couples stay together that long anymore..so hats off to you my friend.

this is such a great thread Kajo and Cliff that's something i found here a SOUL MATE. i know we can't be together in this life time "face to face" but what i have gotten is more important than that...... LOVE that never fades. what more could i ask for? KPM you'r very lucky guy.
    my first marriage didn't work out neither did my second. it's amazing to hear you'r happily married for 39 yrs! i really enjoeyd reading this thread so if anyone else has similar experiences pls do post.
    Last edited by Tommy; 09-05-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    "you don't know it until it hits you"

you're the tea in my coffee - i'm the coke in yer choc

hy all, i wish this thread has more response but glad that Misty morning and Cliff found spiritual bond within each other, i think Elvis does brings people together.

Oh, I ve been using internet forever LOL.. and met people online are like normal to me, nothing for romance or any thing, but i also knew many people for years through internet and some i ve been write and chat and talk on phone for 5 years even more .. we share friendships, talking about our families, friends and loved one. If we all have good intentions , and can give unconditionally, i personally find that there are many wonderful, goodhearted people out there behind the computer screen.

hy all, i wish this thread has more response but glad that Misty morning and Cliff found spiritual bond within each other, i think Elvis does brings people together.

Oh, I ve been using internet forever LOL.. and met people online are like normal to me, nothing for romance or any thing, but i also knew many people for years through internet and some i ve been write and chat and talk on phone for 5 years even more .. we share friendships, talking about our families, friends and loved one. If we all have good intentions , and can give unconditionally, i personally find that there are many wonderful, goodhearted people out there behind the computer screen.
    You are 100% right !

He was the firstest with the mostest.

It's nice to hear all those great stories. I haven't been a while here cause I had some problems with my computer. I'm really glad this turned out top be such a great thread. Just the way I wanted for people to share their stories, communicate and maybe even find some friends.

@J.P I'm so happy for you guy oh and btw. Thanks.
    @Buttonhead You're definitely right this thread should get some more response as it should bring people together.
    Completely agree with you my dear friend
    Last edited by Kajo; 09-12-2012 at 04:42 AM.

I think the problem probably not every one as open as I am or few people here when it comes to their personal life..like Dr Phil said so many times,..once you put some thing online, it will stay there forever hee hee,... but as i have nothing to hide kind of person, so I response to this again.

I wonder too with Moderators... would you all mind to share your love stories ? if Any ?

I think the problem probably not every one as open as I am or few people here when it comes to their personal life..like Dr Phil said so many times,..once you put some thing online, it will stay there forever hee hee,... but as i have nothing to hide kind of person, so I response to this again.

I wonder too with Moderators... would you all mind to share your love stories ? if Any ?
    Yep buttonhead I have to agree with you again on this one. I'm glad at least theat you posted and that I got some really good replies.
    I have to agree with you on the private part. It is true that once you put somethin' on the net it will stay forever, but I'm just as
    you heheh got nothing to hide. Btw. would also like to here some stories from the Moderators and ask btw. how come and why is it that
    on of you guys deleted one of my messages here?! Nobody gave me any explanations!