Thread: Top White Artist on R&B charts

Top White Artist on R&B charts

Guess who of all white artists is listed as top white artist for R&B charts with 24 Top 10 hits-?
    Do I have to spell the name-E***S ......thats a hint
    Overall of the top 500 R&B artist he is #46.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-w...164530165.html
    Work in Progress!

Re: Top White Artist on R&B charts

awsome
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Elvis not only was the top, he dominated the rest of the field by a landslide. His closest competition was Johnny Otis who came in second with 17 top 10s. But how many were #1? Elvis had 24 top 10s and 6 #1s. Hell, that has to rank high for ALL R&B chart toppers overall. This list also goes to show that black people indeed loved Elvis' music, the same guy they always accuse him of stealing their music and being a racist. What hypocrites!
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

And still, among athe zillions of Love Songs, Gospel Music, Country Songs & Greatest Hits compilations we have seen so little R&B or Blues compilations.

I think the last big R&B or Blues oriented project was in 1985! with the great Reconsider Baby L.P.

What's going on with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    And still, among athe zillions of Love Songs, Gospel Music, Country Songs & Greatest Hits compilations we have seen so little R&B or Blues compilations.

I think the last big R&B or Blues oriented project was in 1985! with the great Reconsider Baby L.P.

What's going on with that?
    I think probably the reason is his catalogue is light on that genre and without more to work with they may feel they have covered it.
    But they could at least do another set like Reconsider Baby with a few outtakes and some new artwork-they do it with all the others.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Great information. Thanks for posting.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I think probably the reason is his catalogue is light on that genre and without more to work with they may feel they have covered it.
    But they could at least do another set like Reconsider Baby with a few outtakes and some new artwork-they do it with all the others.
    Yes sure he doesn't have as much R&B as country or love ballads in his catalogue. Yet, you can put together a 24 master tracks plus some 5 outakes with no problem at all to do justice to that side of Elvis music. Reconsider Baby was only a 12 track L.P. with no place for more, and its not even available in CD today. So there was more to work with it.

Elvis always quoted Blues and R&B as important as gospel and country when asked about the music that most influenced him, and an article like this puts in perspective how much Elvis achieved in all charts, incluiding R&B. So I'm just saying, a nice R&B compilation, to match the Gospel and Country recent ones was needed during the last 10 or 15 years to make full circle, and yet we never saw that.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 06-28-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Yes sure he doesn't have as much R&B as country or love ballads in his catalogue. Yet, you can put together a 24 master tracks plus some 5 outakes with no problem at all to do justice to that side of Elvis music. Reconsider Baby was only a 12 track L.P. with no place for more, and its not even available in CD today. So there was more to work with it.

Elvis always quoted Blues and R&B as important as gospel and country when asked about the music that most influenced him, and an article like this puts in perspective how much Elvis achieved in all charts, incluiding R&B. So I'm just saying, a nice R&B compilation, to match the Gospel and Country recent ones was needed during the last 10 or 15 years to make full circle, and yet we never saw that.
    I agree he said that many times, but for some reason he did less R&B over his career....not sure the why.
    Work in Progress!

I agree he said that many times, but for some reason he did less R&B over his career....not sure the why.
    Who knows, probably the: "he stealed black music" got something on him, an prefered to do less of that after 1960, despite being Elvis, he was a very insecure man.

Or maybe just knew that one gem every now and then was enough delight. He had a thing about the Blues and R&B that he shined the most when he did it, My Baby Left Me, Reconsider Baby, Feel So Bad, Big Boss Man, Stranger in My Own Home Town, Merry Christmas Baby, most of his R&B records are among his finest recordings from them all, same when he went into soul: Only THe Strong Survive, What'd I Say etc.

It telling that in the articles posted on the thread about What records did Elvis had in his own collection, R&B is quite dominant.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 06-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.

He is the gift that keeps on giving!

That's my boy!!!

Backstage Pass

What?! The person they claim was a rascist who stole black music is the leading white artist on the B@B charts!! HOw can that be?! Maybe it is a rascist poll! lol.

It is interesting how ELvis disappeared from the R@B charts in the late 60's. The music he was making does not sound any different to me than what he was making in the 50's and early 60's. Why would his records in the late 60's and 70's no longer be considered worthy to qualify on the R@B charts. Very silly I think.

Quote Originally Posted by asian1 View Post
    What?! The person they claim was a rascist who stole black music is the leading white artist on the B@B charts!! HOw can that be?! Maybe it is a rascist poll! lol.

It is interesting how ELvis disappeared from the R@B charts in the late 60's. The music he was making does not sound any different to me than what he was making in the 50's and early 60's. Why would his records in the late 60's and 70's no longer be considered worthy to qualify on the R@B charts. Very silly I think.
    Where was Justin Bieber again on that list? Where was Eminem? I rest my case.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Who knows, probably the: "he stealed black music" got something on him, an prefered to do less of that after 1960, despite being Elvis, he was a very insecure man.

Or maybe just knew that one gem every now and then was enough delight. He had a thing about the Blues and R&B that he shined the most when he did it, My Baby Left Me, Reconsider Baby, Feel So Bad, Big Boss Man, Stranger in My Own Home Town, Merry Christmas Baby, most of his R&B records are among his finest recordings from them all, same when he went into soul: Only THe Strong Survive, What'd I Say etc.

It telling that in the articles posted on the thread about What records did Elvis had in his own collection, R&B is quite dominant.
    I agree all those songs you mention Elvis did he excelled on into the early 70s and then his tastes seem to have veered away from the R&B and more into a pop rock sound or country. But the good thing about Elvis was that even on pop or country you could hear that R&B influence in his voice and when he let that influence take over-it was magic!
    Work in Progress!

But the good thing about Elvis was that even on pop or country you could hear that R&B influence in his voice and when he let that influence take over-it was magic!
    Amen to that! from That's All Right back at Sun to Pledgin My Love at the Jungle Room, when he let that happen, it was ELVIS!

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

That is quiet an honor, one of the first types of music that moved Elvis was indeed r&b..soul music..from church, to shake rag in Tupelo.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977