Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linda Thompson next to cash in on Elvis' legacy?

Backstage Pass

Re: Linda Thompson next to cash in on Elvis' legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by josephinebeau View Post
    Not a fan of the self titled, "good old Southern Baptist girl" Linda Thompson. I think she was a nineteen year old who found herself the object of attention of a man in a downward spiral and took advantage as long as she wanted to until it was not fun anymore. I have always found her to be a little tacky. If you see Elvis in summer of 1972 to when she left in November of 1976 I have a hard time with the argument of how "good she was for him". She loved spending his money, made Graceland look like a brothel, cheated on him with a member of the band, then went on to cash in on the whole "Elvis' girlfriend" thing herself. Not cool! Sorry to be so harsh but I grew up watching her on Hee Haw. I have this childhood memory of her in a corn field with a low cut dress on talking like a hick, which does not make Southern women look great, so I might be a touch bitter.
    You make some good points. I'm on the fence with her,,,but over all, I believe she did ok by Elvis, she loved him,,,and did her best. She got into a very difficult situation at a young age. I doubt she knew what she was barginning for.

Quote Originally Posted by josephinebeau View Post
    Not a fan of the self titled, "good old Southern Baptist girl" Linda Thompson. I think she was a nineteen year old who found herself the object of attention of a man in a downward spiral and took advantage as long as she wanted to until it was not fun anymore. I have always found her to be a little tacky. If you see Elvis in summer of 1972 to when she left in November of 1976 I have a hard time with the argument of how "good she was for him". She loved spending his money, made Graceland look like a brothel, cheated on him with a member of the band, then went on to cash in on the whole "Elvis' girlfriend" thing herself. Not cool! Sorry to be so harsh but I grew up watching her on Hee Haw. I have this childhood memory of her in a corn field with a low cut dress on talking like a hick, which does not make Southern women look great, so I might be a touch bitter.
    That's not Linda you're describing, that's Ginger Alden.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Mad Tigers

Sandi Pichon posted this on Facebook:

In response to The Globe's article saying Linda Thompson has written a "not-so-nice" book about Elvis. IT IS A LIE! Linda emailed me today which said, in part " I have always spoken with love and kindness toward him and his memory. That will never change!
    Please tell the fans not to waste their money or time on a trash rag like the Globe!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post

In response to The Globe's article saying Linda Thompson has written a "not-so-nice" book about Elvis. IT IS A LIE! Linda emailed me today which said, in part " I have always spoken with love and kindness toward him and his memory. That will never change!
    Please tell the fans not to waste their money or time on a trash rag like the Globe!"
    Linda is one badasss chick!
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post

Please tell the fans not to waste their money or time on a trash rag like the Globe
    !"
    Yes she always talks about him with the up most respect.

I agree the Globe is trash just like the National Enquire. They report on aliens flying around over some guys head in Arizona.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12