Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linda Thompson next to cash in on Elvis' legacy?

Linda Thompson next to cash in on Elvis' legacy?

According to The Globe (I think), an American tabloid, Linda is about to write a tell-all book about her life with Elvis and Lisa and Priscilla are not happy about it. If true, then I knew it was just a matter of time that she would cave in and do a book deal just like the rest. I guess we'll find out soon enough if it's just a fabricated story by The Globe or some truth behind it.

Check out her not so good "new look" at 62. It mentions that she's hinted to writing a book, but nothing is confirmed, yet. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz...-bat-ball.html
    Last edited by vivaelvis; 06-15-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Linda Thompson next to cash in on Elvis' legacy?

Ughhhh,not a good look Linda
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    According to The Globe (I think), an American tabloid, Linda is about to write a tell-all book about her life with Elvis and Lisa and Priscilla are not happy about it. If true, then I knew it was just a matter of time that she would cave in and do a book deal just like the rest. I guess we'll find out soon enough if it's just a fabricated story by The Globe or some truth behind it.

Check out her not so good "new look" at 62. It mentions that she's hinted to writing a book, but nothing is confirmed, yet. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz...-bat-ball.html

Hi Vivaelvis,

Would you have the link from The Globe?

This quotation, from the link you supplied, doesn't say anything about a direct quote from Linda with regard to a "Tell All Book" or "Priscilla and Lisa not happy about it".

The beauty queen, who once starred in Beverly Hills 90210, has hinted she plans to write a tell-all book on her former Seventies romance with the legendary Elvis Presley.
    When a fan quizzed her on Twitter, asking if she will ever put pen to paper, she simply replied 'Yes'.
    It was reported five years ago that Linda was writing a book, which didn't happen. Furthermore, Linda has always been classy, loving and respectful when speaking about Elvis.

I don't think it very fair that anyone should be saying anything negative about Linda.
    Last edited by Turbo; 06-16-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Time will tell, but the fact that after all this time she hasn't done a kiss and tell is something. I've watched her in the interview with Larry King and she came across as very intelligent, respectful and genuine. I sincerely hope she remains classy in regards to Elvis' legacy, somethings should remain private. As for those pictures, I think she looks good for her age, even if she has had a few tweaks.

I hope she does remain 'loyal', as she will have some pretty scandalous stories she could tell if she chose.......
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

If she does write her book this time it will seal my opinion of her one way or the other depending on what she has to say and how she says it. So far I've been on the fence about her. Ann Margaret is the one I feel loved Elvis the most and protects his image like a tigress.

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    If she does write her book this time it will seal my opinion of her one way or the other depending on what she has to say and how she says it. So far I've been on the fence about her. Ann Margaret is the one I feel loved Elvis the most and protects his image like a tigress.
    I just don't see what the big deal is. People have the right to tell their story IMO. It is their story/bio too,,their life--they have the right to tell it. This whole idea of some Elvis sanctity of life befuddles me. I love hearing things. He was a human being, and he brought people into his life,,there is always the idea that someone could write about it. So what. I'd rather hear the truthful ones than the sugar coated, fairty-tales like some write. I am sure Linda's would be heart-warming and honest.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Hi Vivaelvis,

Would you have the link from The Globe?

This quotation, from the link you supplied, doesn't say anything about a direct quote from Linda with regard to a "Tell All Book" or "Priscilla and Lisa not happy about it".

It was reported five years ago that Linda was writing a book, which didn't happen. Furthermore, Linda has always been classy, loving and respectful when speaking about Elvis.

I don't think it very fair that anyone should be saying anything negative about Linda.
    I agree, I don't think Linda would write a book about the bad stuff, I think if she writes a book it would be all the good stuff about Elvis. She has always talked about what a lovely person Elvis was. She has remained friends with Lisa for years, so I think this article is a hoax. You can't go by the Globe anyway they are like the National Enquire.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieT View Post
    I just don't see what the big deal is. People have the right to tell their story IMO. It is their story/bio too,,their life--they have the right to tell it. This whole idea of some Elvis sanctity of life befuddles me. I love hearing things. He was a human being, and he brought people into his life,,there is always the idea that someone could write about it. So what. I'd rather hear the truthful ones than the sugar coated, fairty-tales like some write. I am sure Linda's would be heart-warming and honest.
    Good point, I've not considered that aspect before.

I agree that people have the right to tell THEIR STORY but they don't have the right to smear anyone else.

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree that people have the right to tell THEIR STORY but they don't have the right to smear anyone else.
    What is considered a smear?? I don't consider the truth smears. Lies, yes,,,that is why slander is illegal. Lisa and Linda are no longer on good terms.

Not a fan of the self titled, "good old Southern Baptist girl" Linda Thompson. I think she was a nineteen year old who found herself the object of attention of a man in a downward spiral and took advantage as long as she wanted to until it was not fun anymore. I have always found her to be a little tacky. If you see Elvis in summer of 1972 to when she left in November of 1976 I have a hard time with the argument of how "good she was for him". She loved spending his money, made Graceland look like a brothel, cheated on him with a member of the band, then went on to cash in on the whole "Elvis' girlfriend" thing herself. Not cool! Sorry to be so harsh but I grew up watching her on Hee Haw. I have this childhood memory of her in a corn field with a low cut dress on talking like a hick, which does not make Southern women look great, so I might be a touch bitter.

Cadillac King

Lisa and Linda are no longer on good terms.

Hi LaurieT,

That is a shame, what happened?

Just gossip Turbo

Cadillac King

What is considered a smear?? I don't consider the truth smears. Lies, yes,,,that is why slander is illegal. Lisa and Linda are no longer on good terms.

I'd love to know, LaurieT, if possible, please?

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Just gossip Turbo

LOL, no, Snake Eyes, that is someone else around here, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by josephinebeau View Post
    Not a fan of the self titled, "good old Southern Baptist girl" Linda Thompson. I think she was a nineteen year old who found herself the object of attention of a man in a downward spiral and took advantage as long as she wanted to until it was not fun anymore. I have always found her to be a little tacky. If you see Elvis in summer of 1972 to when she left in November of 1976 I have a hard time with the argument of how "good she was for him". She loved spending his money, made Graceland look like a brothel, cheated on him with a member of the band, then went on to cash in on the whole "Elvis' girlfriend" thing herself. Not cool! Sorry to be so harsh but I grew up watching her on Hee Haw. I have this childhood memory of her in a corn field with a low cut dress on talking like a hick, which does not make Southern women look great, so I might be a touch bitter.
    In reality nobody could 'save' him........but the census of opinion is that she kept him alive longer (than Ginger)

I agree Deb, Linda did keep Elvis alive longer than Ginger would have in her shoes.

Laurie, a smear is something said that is demeaning to another person. No it is not slander if it's true (and can be proven) but the person who reveals it to others I consider even lower than the acts they are repeating.

She hasn't been disrespectful of Elvis' life, up to now. Perhaps in a book, she will have to write some of the not so good things about her relationship about Elvis, but if so, I'm sure it will be done in a classy and respectful way.

Mad Tigers

Why are some so quick to believe Tabloids ? Wait and see, then you can complain if needed .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast