Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Elvis remixes by Spankox

New Elvis remixes by Spankox

There's a new remix album by Spankox coming out that is, well, not good. There are 10 new remixes and only 3 stood out to me. Little Sister and Crawfish are the best. King Creole is OKAY. The rest are trash and you can tell that it's been overdubbed. A bad attempt at overdubbing at that. They made it more realistic with less to work with back in the early 80's when Jarvis did the Guitar Man overdub album.

Below is the 8:31 sample of all 10 tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElvisExpressRadio
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: New Elvis remixes by Spankox

I have never cared for any of his remixes, remixes for remix sake-IMO.
    Work in Progress!

I don't care for them much either, but here it is.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I prefer his music 'pure'........but times move on I suppose. If it introduces the sort of music that youngsters will dance to in clubs.......
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

While I don't mind Little Sister and Feel so Bad, I didn't like the rest. I'm not a fan of remixes anyway on anyone's music.

i like them and if elvis was alive even he would change his music

" I Just LOVE MY ELVIS !"

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

I donīt like remixes. I wish everyone would just leave his songs the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Girl View Post
    i like them and if elvis was alive even he would change his music
    Yes Elvis would change "his music" but there is a big difference between Elvis changing his own sound-and any Tom, Dick, and Harry who thinks they know how to use a mixing board changing Elvis music.
    That is the moral component to the remix question-just because someone can do it-should they do it.
    IMO If is is going to be done-the best talent available should be involved in the project-preferably someone who understands the music and influences of Elvis.......
    Since the 50 year copyright plateau is reached each year for more and more Elvis songs-anyone in Europe who thinks they have talent for remixing can try their hands at more and more of Elvis's great songs.....whats wrong with this picture?
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Just because there was a huge hit with ALLC, don't push your luck. I guess I'm not really into the remixes either.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Backstage Pass

I don't particularly care for remixes but I thought that the Flaming Star clip was decent. I thought that As Long As I have you was horrible and clearly missed the intention of the original song.

HEY !!!! Let's not forget, it was a re-mix that put Elvis back on the charts. I speak of "A Little Less Conversation".
    I have listened to the new re-mixes and I must say I don't have a problem with them as, most seem to.
    If they turn one more person on to Elvis ,or fires their interest in him; then where's the harm? It will lead them to bigger and better things.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    I donīt like remixes. I wish everyone would just leave his songs the way they are.

I agree with you Nicole.
    I like the "Little Less Conversation" and that's all.
    I must however be noted that Elvis goes to the younger generation thanks to remix.
    So in any case it is m my country. The young people love to have fun with Elvis remix!
    This is what we want! There's his voice!! There is ELVIS PRESLEY! They know now who it!
    I do not know how you, but I do not want Elvis was in a museum!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    HEY !!!! Let's not forget, it was a re-mix that put Elvis back on the charts. I speak of "A Little Less Conversation".
    I have listened to the new re-mixes and I must say I don't have a problem with them as, most seem to.
    If they turn one more person on to Elvis ,or fires their interest in him; then where's the harm? It will lead them to bigger and better things.
    ALLC was just about a perfect storm-that only happens every so often.
    It was super well done at just the right time.
    But even several of the Viva Elvis remixes just lost the original sound in the shuffle-they were done to fit into a couple hour extravaganza and remixed to fit. Suspicious Minds was well done and so was Burning Love IMO but Its Now of Never was not, nor was several others...they were not true to what Elvis did pure and simple. You can only water down so much before the point of the original song is lost....
    If you are selling watered down Elvis-they do not hear Elvis...they hear someones idea of how Elvis should sound today. His creative imput is set aside for someone elses second guessing creativity.
    Work in Progress!

Oh no! my God! Not again this guy! It is just awful.

Plus this is no longer 2002, Remixes are out now, give it a break.

He's just leeching on the celebration this August.

I loved A Little Less Conversation, only because it put him back on the radio scene. But I didn't like how they buried his voice as to hide it. Some songs work good in remix form while others do not. You should NEVER try and turn a soft spoken ballad song like Young & Beautiful into a uptempo dance song as Spankox has attempted to do. Now a song like Little Sister, which is uptempo already, is fine to do and can work with a good drum overdub to give it a fresh sound. But all this chop and pop is uncalled for on the others. I hate it when they do that and try to make it "hip" when in the end it sounds like an amateur did it. It worked on Viva Elvis at times, like on King Creole or Bossa Nova Baby. But it sounded weird and out of place on That's All Right and Heartbreak Hotel. I think if they would have just left it in the original format and just overdubbed it with new backings, then it might have been a better seller and a success. THEY caused it to be a failure. Not Elvis or the songs. It worked perfectly for The Beatles Love album. Their music was made for that type of mixing and sampling. Not Elvis'.

I agree about Little Sister........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

If anything, the 70's songs should get the remixing., They need it the most as they were poorly arranged and mixed in the studio back then.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    If anything, the 70's songs should get the remixing., They need it the most as they were poorly arranged and mixed in the studio back then.
    In your opinion-most fans here love the 70s songs-you see thats why we have conflict-you make a blanket statement of "FACT" and to most its just not supported.
    Its just your opinion-contrary to what most who love the 70s songs think.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In your opinion-most fans here love the 70s songs-you see thats why we have conflict-you make a blanket statement of "FACT" and to most its just not supported.
    Its just your opinion-contrary to what most who love the 70s songs think.

Ken, get off your high horse. Even when I do add IMO you still find fault in what I say, even when it's MY opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Ken, get off your high horse. Even when I do add IMO you still find fault in what I say, even when it's MY opinion.
    High horse-I don't even have a pony
    Work in Progress!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast