Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all members

To all members

To all TCB-World friends,

At this time we are revamping the web site, please be patient, while we improve our site.

Tommy
    Team TCB

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Re: To all members

Hi Tommy, would this mean no access during certain times?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Hi Tommy, would this mean no access during certain times?
    Not that I know of at this time, thank you very, very much for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Not that I know of at this time, thank you very, very much for asking.
    Thank you Tommy, I need my daily fix of tcb-world

Tommy seriously "if it aint broke don't try to fix it". Really unhappy with the changes, am considering leaving the site!!

Please don't direct your anger towards are greatest Moderator TOMMY, his heart has always been for the members here.

I have the utmost of respect for Tommy, I have a legitimate concern about the direction TCB is going in. In case you haven't noticed this is a Forum. it is where you air your views and opinions. I'm well aware of all the work Tommy and other moderators have done and am sure they would welcome the opinions of the members. You are misguided if you see my post as a mere anger venting exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by readyseve View Post
    Tommy seriously "if it aint broke don't try to fix it". Really unhappy with the changes, am considering leaving the site!!
    I am sorry, but I think about the same
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rams View Post
    Again, I must add that readyseve could not have said it better! Alexandria, you must realize this is not a trial but merely the opinions of members who care about the direction the site has been going in for some time up to recently. The real question will be if our concerns and requests will be handled accordingly or will it fall on deaf ears as we watch good TCB members continue to leave what was once the greatest Elvis site until it was misguided away from valued members.

Tommy,I know it's not fault...
    Let's be honest! If we do not! This is the beginning of the end TCB.
    I feel neglected here, our requests and questions? What are you?
    And so postapicie as you want. It is a family ELVIS
    Here, nothing is possible to fix! we are under surveillance!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    Tommy,I know it's not fault...
    Let's be honest! If we do not! This is the beginning of the end TCB.
    I feel neglected here, our requests and questions? What are you?
    And so postapicie as you want. It is a family ELVIS
    Here, nothing is possible to fix! we are under surveillance!

It is a shame, afterall, TCB isn't Facebook, although seems to be turning that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    It is a shame, afterall, TCB isn't Facebook, although seems to be turning that way.
    Agreed!
    If I want to be on Facebook (I've been a while) then I was there, not here at TCB!

These are two different things!TCB shoul be a place ELVIS friends.

I'm right!?
    I'll Remember You!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

I would like to clarify some of the changes that came along with the recent upgrade. Btw, these changes were part of the default (obligated) upgrade package, not something that we selected to add:

In your personal settings you were able (for many years) to decide if things on your profile page could be visible to only you or also members you've befriended with. All you posts and topics (of course) have always been publicly available (quite normal for a forum). In you profile people could already click on the 'topics started by' and 'recent posts by' links, giving a list of your recent activity.

With the new changes, people you've befriended with can see this information easier. So what's already been available (and things you've decided to share either with friends or publicly) is now available, but with lesser clicks.

Previously the 'whats new' link only should info about which topics had new posts. Now it's also added the activity of what you're friends had been doing while you've been offline. Still: all this information had always been available previously, it's only organized differently.

So the focus lies on what you and you're friends (members you've accepted a friendship invite from) are doing.

Nothing about privacy has been changed. When you want to talk privately with someone, posting it on their profile has never been a good idea, since this can be seen by everybody (or friends only, depending on your settings). The current system still respects your own privacy settings and won't show/share things that you've selected not to.

I understand the concern, but assure you that this is only added to acknowledge and strengthen the friendships between fellow Elvisfans on TCB-World.
    Last edited by Albert; 06-17-2012 at 04:00 AM.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Im sorry. but i like it but youtube become more terrible than Tcb. i love the activty boxes

Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    "The changes were very simple," Sorry I can not agree with you with you.
    As you can see, I'm not a member of the TCB from yesterday, with all due respect Albert but our profile were only our, now we are open also for all.
    Oh, I'll be hard to explain. My English is very weak.
    That's it. Came on my Profile Page and saw only messages from friends. Most answers to my message the.
    Please don't say that nothing has changed.

"With the new changes, the friendly people you can see the information easier. So what's already available (and what you choose to share either with friends or the public) is now available, but with less clicks."
    Now entering on my profile I see on my partition, and nothing. Yes, this is just mess.
    It does not interest me ALL of the comments issued by other members.

'You all posts and topics (of course) have always been publicly available (quite normal for the forum) "
    If I wanted to see what is happening at the Forum , I went there and I could talk.

"Nothing has been changed for privacy. If you want to talk to someone, put it on his profile was never a good idea because it can be seen by all (or just friends, depending on the settings). Current system still respects your privacy settings and show / share the things that you have chosen not to "

Albert, please understand, my profile was just my place. Not where the market gossips gather and talk about everything. The worst part is the little we can say privately without using Private Message. Do not know if someone is interested what is going on with my cat or my son if he happens to be sick. These are messages to close friends not to all. In this way I was forced to limit my list of friends, it's very sad!
    You know that it is not all love Elvis. Not everyone respects the other. Recently I had the pleasure sensations it for yourself!

Unfortunately, you go to my profile and everything see!

"I understand the concerns, but I assure you that this only adds to the recognition and strengthening of friendship among other Elvisfans at TCB-World"
    No! There will strengthen the friendship, exacerbate confusion (to put it politically)
    In that case, I'm sorry but I do not understand. Maybe the fault of my poor English "
    Excellent, just awesome reply, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one can say it better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Excellent, just awesome reply, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one can say it better than you.
    Thanks for your support MOD
    Last edited by elvia7; 06-17-2012 at 05:44 AM.
    I'll Remember You!!!

This has been taken care of by our dear friend Albert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH ALBERT...................BRAVO MY FRIEND.

I am so sorry Albert put it back.........

I think it is OK now...........

My friends,

Tommy and me, and the other mods do listen to what you, the members of TCB World have to say.

I remind you of almost or even a year ago, when we went though a lot of effort to create a better site and that did not work out like we thought it would. We changed it back.

Do not compare us with the likes of Google or You Tube, those are professional sites and worth millions. They can do whatever they like without caring for who is visiting.

TCB World was started in 2004 by Elvis fans and for Elvis fans, and I am happy to say that our original team of moderators is still here, with the inclusion of two new moderators a while ago.

So, yes, we sometimes try to improve certain things, to make it even more fun to visit. And yes, sometimes those new items or packages as we call them do not work out the way we thought they would.

If this can be turned around trust me, it will happen. Tommy and me, like most of you are not happy with those messages all over everyone's profiles. But this has nothing to do with us wanting to see or track what your comments are.

TCB is a site created by guys who do not make money from this site. It's just for fun, and it always has been.

And I do agree, sometimes a change is not for the better.

But I believe the settings have been changed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    My friends,

Tommy and me, and the other mods do listen to what you, the members of TCB World have to say.

I remind you of almost or even a year ago, when we went though a lot of effort to create a better site and that did not work out like we thought it would. We changed it back.

Do not compare us with the likes of Google or You Tube, those are professional sites and worth millions. They can do whatever they like without caring for who is visiting.

TCB World was started in 2004 by Elvis fans and for Elvis fans, and I am happy to say that our original team of moderators is still here, with the inclusion of two new moderators a while ago.

So, yes, we sometimes try to improve certain things, to make it even more fun to visit. And yes, sometimes those new items or packages as we call them do not work out the way we thought they would.

If this can be turned around trust me, it will happen. Tommy and me, like most of you are not happy with those messages all over everyone's profiles. But this has nothing to do with us wanting to see or track what your comments are.

TCB is a site created by guys who do not make money from this site. It's just for fun, and it always has been.

And I do agree, sometimes a change is not for the better.

But I believe the settings have been changed by now.
    Thank you so much Rene, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree.
    Last edited by Tommy; 06-17-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast