Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Elvis remixes by Spankox

Re: New Elvis remixes by Spankox

Low key primarily unknown songs are the key to good remixes...IMO
    Using songs which are "ICONS in THEMSELVES" is not smart...it only leads to comparison to the original.
    Work in Progress!

I'm not a fan of remixes either. You can't improve on Elvis in my mind but I am crazy about the JXL Little Less Conversation remix. Love all that super energy and it's the only one I find doesn't clash with the lyrics.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

IMO a good remix is worth its weight in gold ALLC is used frequently all over the media a decade later, Elvis has benefited greatly! I don't always agree with what these Johnny come lately mixing guys do but sometimes, inadvertently they create something that captures a window in time and it can shine a light on the original material... I'm quite happy for anybody to have a go, these days things can go viral on the internet, Twitter, Facebook and take on a life of there own very quickly. The important thing is, I might not like it but it might just be a key to getting a new audience demographic involved, and that's not a bad thing (I think ha ha).

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    IMO a good remix is worth its weight in gold ALLC is used frequently all over the media a decade later, Elvis has benefited greatly! I don't always agree with what these Johnny come lately mixing guys do but sometimes, inadvertently they create something that captures a window in time and it can shine a light on the original material... I'm quite happy for anybody to have a go, these days things can go viral on the internet, Twitter, Facebook and take on a life of there own very quickly. The important thing is, I might not like it but it might just be a key to getting a new audience demographic involved, and that's not a bad thing (I think ha ha).
    I agree to a point, ALLC was one in a million and has been everywhere in the last decade thats the good thing with a good remix.
    But I'm not quite as happy about just anybody remixing-we've had one great remix ALLC, a few good ones from Viva Elvis, Rubberneckin was okay and maybe 50 horrid/mediocre ones since then by pretty much amateurs.....If someone hears the bad ones and then surmises "Thats Elvis music?"
    then perhaps the bad ones have done as much harm as the good ones have done good.
    I think the idea that the 50 year limit on copyrights has expired for many songs makes the idea of remixing by amateurs more a hope for profit
    than really making a great remixed version of an Elvis song.
    Wonder why JXL the disc jockey behind ALLC has not followed up? I would like to hear another from him.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I agree to a point, ALLC was one in a million and has been everywhere in the last decade thats the good thing with a good remix.
    But I'm not quite as happy about just anybody remixing-we've had one great remix ALLC, a few good ones from Viva Elvis, Rubberneckin was okay and maybe 50 horrid/mediocre ones since then by pretty much amateurs.....If someone hears the bad ones and then surmises "Thats Elvis music?"
    then perhaps the bad ones have done as much harm as the good ones have done good.
    I think the idea that the 50 year limit on copyrights has expired for many songs makes the idea of remixing by amateurs more a hope for profit
    than really making a great remixed version of an Elvis song.
    Wonder why JXL the disc jockey behind ALLC has not followed up? I would like to hear another from him.
    It could be much worse. They could allow the impersonators who sound nothing like him to record the songs and put them out today. Where's my puke bag?
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    It could be much worse. They could allow the impersonators who sound nothing like him to record the songs and put them out today. Where's my puke bag?
    Here,here !!!!!! Well said. Kinda says it all really. These guys are playing homage to Elvis in their own way by using their mixing talents and there ear for music.
    I will admit there are some real duds out there, but when they're done right they're a real treat.

Two of the best.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Here's another but with a video mix. GREAT STUFF!!!!!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Although nothing beats the originals, I like the remixes. They're especially fun for parties to put in playlists with contemporary music. I love to indoctrinate, everybody should be an Elvisfan
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12