Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Marie Has Not Left The Building

I like Lisa. i like her music, I think she is still working out a lot, maybe doing some of it in public isn't good, but hey we've all shot our mouths off then regretted it.

I like the way she talked about her dad and her mum, and her life when she did the Oprah interview. You could see the hurt in her eyes when she spoke about Elvis.

The press and media do not always print the truth and they fabricate to hook readers in all the time, just look at some of the things that have been said about Elvis over the years.

That interveiw with lisa is 4 pages long and is over three years old. May not be how she views the world now. It certianly wasn't how she spoke about her life when she was interviewed on tour here last year (australia), i think it was 2005.
    Last edited by hounddog; 12-14-2006 at 11:30 PM.

As her dad would say, "the image is one thing, the human being is another." Lisa comes off at times in public as rude and crass, a bit rebellious. But you tell in her eyes and face when she talks about her father how much she loves him, and how much pain is still there nearly thirty years after his death. I think she is like anyone else, she has the best and worst qualities of both of her parents. She's carried the weight of her father's legacy all of her life, and while that doesn't justify any mistakes she's made in public or private, she's just human like the rest of us. We all make mistakes, ours just aren't aired out on national television. I think Elvis would be proud of her. I think he would be proud of his grandchildren too.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I really love that song. First heard it on that Elvis tribute video on youtube...very touching!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Lisa Marie

Personally, I don't understand all this Lisa Marie bashing because of a few swear words and whatnot. If you listen to "Cut Me And I Bleed", Elvis swears more than most sailors it seems. I have been lucky enough to know Lisa Marie for some 20-odd years, and despite most of what is written or said about her, she is, other than her mother, one of the sweetest people I know. I think she is incredibly talented both as a songwriter and as a singer, but I admire her for more than that. She lost her father at a very young age under tragic circumstances, has been married to some strange poeople (Michael Jackson), has had to deal with the awesome task of coming out from under her father's shadow, and through everything, like her father remained true to herself. She might have this image of being crass and crude and whatever, but let's not forget, Elvis had an image that was unshakable when he first started out.....he wasn't understood because of his gyrations and whatever....he was called a rebel, and many radio stations of the 1950s banned playing his music. But, as we all know, it was an image. Lisa Marie is nothing like she seems to be in print. I think she's fabulous, and just like I do about her father, I'd shout from the mountain tops how wonderful she is. In fact, I can't wait for her next album.....
    Last edited by vulcandude; 12-23-2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: edit post

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I agree David, alot of the bashing is not necessary but everyone has their own opinions on things and we have to respect that!

As for as her music goes, i am not really that into it, but there are a few songs that are really good! Plus she is a very beautiful women !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcandude View Post
    Personally, I don't understand all this Lisa Marie bashing because of a few swear words and whatnot. If you listen to "Cut Me And I Bleed", Elvis swears more than most sailors it seems. I have been lucky enough to know Lisa Marie for some 20-odd years, and despite most of what is written or said about her, she is, other than her mother, one of the sweetest people I know. I think she is incredibly talented both as a songwriter and as a singer, but I admire her for more than that. She lost her father at a very young age under tragic circumstances, has been married to some strange poeople (Michael Jackson), has had to deal with the awesome task of coming out from under her father's shadow, and through everything, like her father remained true to herself. She might have this image of being crass and crude and whatever, but let's not forget, Elvis had an image that was unshakable when he first started out.....he wasn't understood because of his gyrations and whatever....he was called a rebel, and many radio stations of the 1950s banned playing his music. But, as we all know, it was an image. Lisa Marie is nothing like she seems to be in print. I think she's fabulous, and just like I do about her father, I'd shout from the mountain tops how wonderful she is. In fact, I can't wait for her next album.....

Hi Vulcandude,

Some very nice things that you say, and so true. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Jess

Lisa Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Cheif77 View Post
    I agree David, alot of the bashing is not necessary but everyone has their own opinions on things and we have to respect that!

As for as her music goes, i am not really that into it, but there are a few songs that are really good! Plus she is a very beautiful women !
    Not just beautiful brad.....she's down right sexy! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackChick View Post
    I don't know, maybe its because I am (almost) the same age as her, but I totally get her, and I like her very much!!
    Since my dad passed away last year I can kinda understand where she's coming from. Even a year and a half later I'm still at that "Anger" part. People grieve differently, but when you loose someone that close to you it changes you. Just imagine seeing someone all your life, then all of a sudden they're gone...

International Level
    Lisa is sweat person from what I hear from her family and etc...when I talk to them if we do show thoughter where they are speical guest. I think what it is the media does not know how handle someone that tells it like it is? She don't hide anything, you hardly see her in newpapers and etc.

Only thing I do wish that should release maybe a CD of duets of songs with her dad like they did for Don't Cry Daddy... I think awesome duet of "Its Midnight" or "My Way" would be awesome.

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley "A Tribute To Elvis Show"
    http://www.geocities.com/dudcowboy_1/

I spent some time w/her @ a private party and I have to say she was amazing, she has a great heart and def. her dad's mannerism's and sense of humor.
    She is shy...but can let loose.
    I like her...
    I think she would have been a different person had he lived...I think maybe more stable, I don't think she got the love from her mother that she had w/her dad...I think that played a large rule in who she is today.
    I think yes Elvis would be proud of his daughter, he always was...She could have chosen many other fields, truly lived an annonymous life if she chose so I don't buy that she doesn't like the spotlight to a degree. She has money to live anywhere she wants and I'm sure her "people" inner circle would follow...I dunno not in her shoes, wouldn't want to be...
    Though Elvis would have def. been cool to have for a dad...though I'm sure majority of us love our father's and I wish we were all as fortunate to have such a wide body of physical memories of our parents as she does w/her dad.
    JMHO
    I love Lisa!
    Last edited by Suzan; 02-03-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Lisa Marie is a wonderful person, a humanatarian and an outspoken person who takes no crap from anyone. She is not rude, she is lovely the way she is, so real!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_In_The_Country View Post
    i think people are very harsh on Lisa, I have met her on 2 accasions and is a very charming lady. I was lucky enough to inrerview lisa for 60mins on one of them,
    She has had a troubled life and people are too quick to judge others,
    Elvis once said " Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes." (lady in this case)
    I like your post......especially this "Elvis once said " Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes." it`s human...thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Yada View Post
    Lisa Marie is a wonderful person, a humanatarian and an outspoken person who takes no crap from anyone. She is not rude, she is lovely the way she is, so real!
    Great post!
    She is gorgeous thru and thru...the generousity and kindness she showed me will never be forgotten....twice I was lucky to be around this beautiful person.

Suzan,
    Have you ever posted any stories about the time you spent with Lisa? I'm sure there are others besides me that would like to hear them.

Everyone of us has addictions (ELvis) LOL..And the fact she swears and smoke doesn't make her a bad person. Elvis has done the exact same thing, he cursed a blue streak onstage when some said he used herion..iI have no dought he did. He might have been a teatotaler (didn't drink) But remember he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Suzan,
    Have you ever posted any stories about the time you spent with Lisa? I'm sure there are others besides me that would like to hear them.
    What I find interesting is how the people that have spent time with her all say she is nothing like the way she comes across on TV and interviews. I have to say...on TV she often does come across as crass and ill-mannered. Yet....one on one she is apparently a very sweet woman. I wonder why she chooses to put across the crass personality that we often see? I don't care for the constant use of the F word...I think that makes her less attractive. That's the one trait that I don't think her dad would go for. Afterall...he was of the old-school way of thinking that women should act like ladies. That also ties into his southern upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    What I find interesting is how the people that have spent time with her all say she is nothing like the way she comes across on TV and interviews. I have to say...on TV she often does come across as crass and ill-mannered. Yet....one on one she is apparently a very sweet woman. I wonder why she chooses to put across the crass personality that we often see? I don't care for the constant use of the F word...I think that makes her less attractive. That's the one trait that I don't think her dad would go for. Afterall...he was of the old-school way of thinking that women should act like ladies. That also ties into his southern upbringing.
    Since she has married Michael she seems to have mellowed! She's been searching all her life for someone to love her for her and I think she found it. Kinda sounds like the searching her dad did all his life too.

Am i right to say she scares me a bit ?
    I would like to know where she has got her attitude from ? I like her, but she has a lot of attitude about her.

Quote Originally Posted by manelens View Post
    My views exactly.
    Sure, her music is not for everyone-it doesn't have to be. But for the most part I respect her. My only regret is that she prefers to "let the dead past bury it's dead," so to speak, rather than stand up for her father and actively maintain his legacy, which i guess, though, is fair enough and she has legitimate reasons for this.
    Actually, to say that she, like Priscilla, just wants to make money off Elvis, to me sounds extremely ridiculous. She was his daughter and, no matter what, she will always hold a love for him that is more potent than any of our own, as much as im reluctant to say it.
    Also, she is her own person and, whilst still acknowledging her background, i think she should also be treated this way.
    In her song about her father "Nobody Noticed It", Lisa Marie sings

"I heard broken footsteps
    Was that you limping
    Well, I wish that I had spent just a little bit more time with you

Tears on my ceiling
    Weren't you watching
    Well, I guess none of us will ever know what comes after this

You're still lovely
    You were lovely then
    All that you had to endure
    I guess nobody noticed it

I know your resemblance
    It's out there walking
    And I wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten

Well, they tried to make you look broken
    But not while I'm living
    'cause I wanted you to know that
    I heard what you said while it was raining

You're still lovely
    You were lovely then

You made me. I love you and
    Did you know nothing has changed
    And now everyone they notice it
    Everyone notices

You're still lovely
    You were lovely then

You made me. I love you and
    Did you know nothing has changed
    And now everyone they notice it
    Everyone notices"

Personally, i think it is a great song and that verse that is in bold, to some extent, i think, shows that she does acknowledge her background, but doesnt necessarily want her own personal feelings to be completely exposed to the world.
    I love this song. It's very heartfelt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast