Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Marie Has Not Left The Building

Lisa Marie Has Not Left The Building

Lisa Marie Has Not Left The Building
    by PAPERMAG.COM

"I was on a 72-hour bender," she recalls. "Cocaine, sedatives, pot and drinking -- all at the same time. I never got my hands on heroin, but its not like I wouldn't have taken it. I just couldn't be sober. I don't know how I lived through it. I woke up one day with a bunch of people on the floor, and the coke dealer was in the room, and I said, 'Everybody get the **** out! That's it. I'm done.' I drove myself to the Church of Scientology and said: 'Somebody ****ing help me right now.' They jumped in, not in a rehab way. It wasn't that. It was like, 'Help me, I'm ****ed, and I want to stop. I want to know what I'm doing here. I want to know why I'm here. What's wrong with me? I want answers to all these questions

Presley credits Scientology not only for getting her off drugs, but for showing her how to be a better person. "I've figured out who I am. I have an understanding of sanity and insanity." She bristles when it is suggested that Scientology's reputation is less than sterling. "It's fast growing, and people don't know what to do with it. There's all this other bullshit that gets confused with it. It's not all 'Hail to the leader.' There's no strict regimen. [Founder L. Ron Hubbard] researched every religion, and he credits all of them. He broke down a path, incorporating a lot of different things. I can only say that if it didn't work, I wouldn't be in it."

"Forlorn," "dark" and "deep" are words Presley employs to describe her childhood. Priscilla and Elvis separated when she was four, and she moved to Los Angeles with her mother. But she often visited her father at Graceland in Memphis. "I wasn't a kid-kid. I was more sensitive than others," she elaborates. "I thought about death very early on. I was obsessed with mortality. I was exposed to a lot at a very young age. I was in an unusual situation, surrounded by men who were cheating on their wives and doing drugs. I saw a lot, and that jaded me. And I dealt with death very early ?my father, my grandfather, my grandmother.

If a car would show up at school or the phone would ring, I just knew: Someone else is dying. I had a very close friend when I was 13 who just ****ing shot himself." Presley takes a long, slow breath, then goes on: "It kind of stopped. I've had a dry spell now for ten years." When Elvis died of a heart attack brought on by drug use on August 16th, 1977, Lisa Marie was 9. She was always terrified of losing her parents as a child, and his death had a strong impact. "When you love someone so much, you worry that they are going to die or go away. I feel the same way about my kids. God, it hurts!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lisamarie07.jpg   lisamarie09.jpg   13.jpg  

Last edited by Albert; 03-13-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I really have no postive feelings for Lisa what so ever. Being Elvis' child is the only positive thing about her, and that's not enough to like her. It's enough however to make her very special.

And I still don't understand her negative attitude. And why does she acts like a raging teenager, while she's an almost 40 year old mother? She looks instable with a very forced image.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    I really have no postive feelings for Lisa what so ever. Being Elvis' child is the only positive thing about her, and that's not enough to like her. It's enough however to make her very special.

And I still don't understand her negative attitude. And why does she acts like a raging teenager, while she's an almost 40 year old mother? She looks instable with a very forced image.
    I couldn't agree more.
    And she is not the only person who's been through huge tragedies at an early age. I know people who have been through far more than she has, and the only difference was that they didn't come from fame and fortune, so aside from their personal tragedies at even earlier ages than Lisa, they had to deal with those under much less privileged circumstances, too. Still, they turned out very well and are stable and well adjusted adults.

International Level
    Hey! Where did the avatars go?????

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    That?s only the case with the articles, FTD, import and jumpsuits forums. This way it let these informationforums stand out a bit between the artwork and discussionforums.

But herhaps I might change it a bit so that avatars are still show (I miss them also a bit )
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

I don't like LM

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Hello

I was the one who posted the article on LM,so let me say what I think about her.I agree that others had gone to similar or worce tragedies and come out ok.Diferent people react diferent ways.She has done alot of crazy things and her vocabulary is gross.I understand that everyone is diferent,but she can't hide the fact that she is Elvi's child.I never heard Elvis express himself the way LM does.In honor of his memory and to keep the Presley's memory clean she should be careful and behave better.I respect the fact that she is Elvi's child,but I don't even buy her Cd's.I will be honest,I don't like her and I don't like her Mommy.

By the way.......where are the avatars?I miss seing Elvi's avatar on my messages........

Veronik

International Level
    Elvis could swear like a sailor with the best of them, and we all know he had his personal demons and addictions, too, but as much as possible he tried to behave in public.
    Sure, there were times when the mix of whatever he took, caused him to behave erratically - even in public, but I think one can honestly say he never purposely behaved provocatively just for the heck of being perceived as "cool" or "a rebel".
    I guess that's one thing his daughter certainly does not have in common with him. Too bad.

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    I don't know, maybe its because I am (almost) the same age as her, but I totally get her, and I like her very much!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LGap.jpg  
    Last edited by ComeBackChick; 02-08-2005 at 12:17 PM.

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackChick
    I don't know, maybe its because I am the (almost) same age as her, but I totally get her, and I like her very much!!
    I agree with you, Comeback chick. She has been through an enromous amount of turbulence in her life, and I admire her honesty, her refusal to be who people think she should be. Yes, she made some bad decisions, who doesn't? I'm sure Elvis would be very proud of the woman she has become.
    "They poisoned you with compromise; At what point did you realize; Everyone loved your life but you...
    ...No one learned from your mistakes; We let our profits go to waste. All that's left, in any case, is Advertising Space"

Why does Lisa have to say F*** all the time for? I hate that word.I know we all swear, but in public I would never do that. Maybe she want's to have this kind of image. As she's got children you would think she would not swear in interviews.My children don't swear in front of me because they respect me, and my daughter is 20 and my twin sons are 19yrs old. I hope you all know what I mean.It's hard to explain what I mean in writing

International Level ComeBackChick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacer1965
    Why does Lisa have to say F*** all the time for? I hate that word.
    I agree with you on this! I like her but I don't like this, also the fact that she smokes, I don't like!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert

I just need to put a word in that Lisa's attitude comes from the past....she may live there; we don't know that exactly! You are entitled to your broad opinion, of course. Who knows, her attitude is what may make her her own person; separated from her fathers actions!

- Lisa
    "Somebody does somethin' stupid, that's human.
    They don't stop when they see it's wrong, that's a fool."
    - Elvis Presley
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rock/19086.jpg
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!
    apparently -- i was born in the WRONG era!

Roustabouts
    Great Article
    BEFORE ELVIS THERE WAS NOTHING
    PROUD ELVIS COLLECTORS CLUB MEMBER SINCE 1997

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I have mixed thoughts about Lisa, on the one hand she's rude, brash and offensive. On the other it must be hard growing up under the shadow of someone like Elvis Presley.

She has had a privilaged upbringing but at what price? her mother is still battling her demons of Elvis, how this affected Lisa over the years has to have some effect.

I think Lisa is the way she is, because she does not want to be compared to her father, so if she acts a little bit crass we should cut her a little slack. In time she will not be able to fight who she is and come to terms with how she is viewed by the Elvis fans (A view they will always hold) she is the daughter of Elvis Presley first and then an individual second.

Matt

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    I have mixed thoughts about Lisa, on the one hand she's rude, brash and offensive. On the other it must be hard growing up under the shadow of someone like Elvis Presley.

She has had a privilaged upbringing but at what price? her mother is still battling her demons of Elvis, how this affected Lisa over the years has to have some effect.

I think Lisa is the way she is, because she does not want to be compared to her father, so if she acts a little bit crass we should cut her a little slack. In time she will not be able to fight who she is and come to terms with how she is viewed by the Elvis fans (A view they will always hold) she is the daughter of Elvis Presley first and then an individual second.

Matt
    The point is that if she TRULY wished not to be compared to her dad, she would not have chosen the exact same profession, despite the fact that she can't sing if her life depends on it

She could have put her lyrics in a book and called herself a poet, or just written stuff down in a book and call herself an author. Or she could have picked a gazillion of other professions, yet she chose the exact same thing her dad did.
    Also she's really unbelievable when she says stuff like she did on Oprah, that she doesn't like to be the center of attention and that she did not go to red carpet occassions like every opening of an envelope: she chose to do fashion photo shoots, pose for US glossies, date famous men and ultimately go on stage herself..... not really actions of a person who doesn't want to have attention focused on her There are tons of celeb's kids who have very full lives and careers well outside the public eye, she could have done that too, easily..... I suspect the fact that she and Pris are out there so much is fueled by economic interests .... keeping Elvis (and thus the cash register) on the forefront.

Again: I'm totally with Albert when he says the only thing she's got going for her is that she's Elvis' daughter. Other than that I really have no time for her.

Bless America and some parts of China..

My best guess is that Elvis would be sad because of the way people may view his daughter. She is his child and he cared a lot about her.

People make mistakes, let's accept that. Lisa-Marie made mistakes too, but no matter how much you hate or reject a person for doing it, it is not going to help anyone. I think that Lisa-Marie would be able to love someone if she'd only just find the serenity and the rest she needs.

I certainly do not agree with her on some subjects, for example: the swearing not really being of an example for the children and the crazy, sometimes dangerous lifestyle she is leading. She needs focus and inner reflection: she could develop into a better singer if only she'd decide to put her mind and devotion to it. Remember Madonna had a terrible voice to start with and is now being idolized and diefied throughout the world? If Lisa Marie would start taking Roy Hamilton-like singing class, she could become a classical singer way better than Madonna is now, maybe able to sing in opera or with aria's.

I'm not saying that people should have a mentality of anti-pleasureness.. But I guess I make my point clear when I say that drinking an healthy glass of red wine is better than doing coke and sedatives.

Even smoking marihuana responsibly, like Willie Nelson does, is better for a human being than doing coke from the streets or taking a lot of pharmaceutical junk. The blacks from Africa knew the medicinal effects of hemp too, but too bad some racists said it to be 'dangerous ****** crop' and banished it, trying to protect cotton industry. But that is a completely different story..

The point is that I would like Lisa Marie to complain less and develop herself more! She's more loveable than she actually thinks she is. Let go of that bad karma, Lisa..!
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 07-28-2005 at 08:57 AM. Reason: minor error

Wink Lisa Marie

It's hard to say when you're not in the "circle" what really makes a person tick. As a writer I've seen the "public" image, and then the person behind the image isn't always what it seems to be. Lisa Marie is Lisa Marie for good or bad. Only time will tell what legacy she will leave her children.
    Her blog on myspce had this to say:
    Saturday, September 23, 2006

Last Day of Rehearsal....

Blew out the cobwebs then blew out my voice day 2. Day 3 much better and now we wrap it up (of course when my engines are on and ready to go we have to stop till the first show).

For those of you who have asked if there will be new material played, I'm afraid not for a bevy of reasons that I cannot get into but the bottom line is no, we are doing material from the 1st and 2nd album.

Regarding our special guests:

Neither of these two individuals NEED to "open" for me, they are very talented in their own right and would have No problem doing their own shows however, they are good friends of mine and we thought it would be a TON OF FUN to do shows together.

Roseanne Barr Is my New BFF! lol We met, connected, and had some fun times together over the summer and from that came the BRIGHT IDEA (induced by a little wine to have her do her stand up act as an opener, this will take place in Baltimore at the "Rams Head Tavern" on Oct 8th. Roseanne is just a Raw Rock Star in whatever she does, she tells it like it is and I think that's why we get along so well.

Ryan Cabrera, sweet guy and VERY talented. He's going to play an acoustic set for sure at the Chicago HOB and more shows after that are pending confirmation but I think he'll hopefully be doing most of the East Coast shows with me. I wasn't very familiar with Ryan's music until recently. In Hawaii over the summer he sang an acoustic version of his song "Hit me with your light" and BLEW ME AWAY! He is the real deal!

Finally, we have the talented Matt White joining us after Nashville for most of the final October shows. You can check out his myspace for a sneak peak of what you'll be hearing.

Things are changing fast but the above is the latest, we will post once it is finally ALL confirmed.

Everyone is very excited! Can't wait to see you all out there!!!

See you soon.
    ~LMP

Backstage Pass
    Sorry but I just dont ''get her'' I know this may be controversial but I dont think she can sing....sorry but thats my opinion.......and of course Ryans going to open for her, hes going out with Riley. I think Lisa needs to grow up a bit and stop living her life through her kids.

Backstage Pass Wild_In_The_Country's Avatar
    i think people are very harsh on Lisa, I have met her on 2 accasions and is a very charming lady. I was lucky enough to inrerview lisa for 60mins on one of them,
    She has had a troubled life and people are too quick to judge others,
    Elvis once said " Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes." (lady in this case)

Lisa Marie has not left the building

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    My best guess is that Elvis would be sad because of the way people may view his daughter. She is his child and he cared a lot about her.

People make mistakes, let's accept that. Lisa-Marie made mistakes too, but no matter how much you hate or reject a person for doing it, it is not going to help anyone. I think that Lisa-Marie would be able to love someone if she'd only just find the serenity and the rest she needs.

I certainly do not agree with her on some subjects, for example: the swearing not really being of an example for the children and the crazy, sometimes dangerous lifestyle she is leading. She needs focus and inner reflection: she could develop into a better singer if only she'd decide to put her mind and devotion to it. Remember Madonna had a terrible voice to start with and is now being idolized and diefied throughout the world? If Lisa Marie would start taking Roy Hamilton-like singing class, she could become a classical singer way better than Madonna is now, maybe able to sing in opera or with aria's.

I'm not saying that people should have a mentality of anti-pleasureness.. But I guess I make my point clear when I say that drinking an healthy glass of red wine is better than doing coke and sedatives.

Even smoking marihuana responsibly, like Willie Nelson does, is better for a human being than doing coke from the streets or taking a lot of pharmaceutical junk. The blacks from Africa knew the medicinal effects of hemp too, but too bad some racists said it to be 'dangerous ****** crop' and banished it, trying to protect cotton industry. But that is a completely different story..

The point is that I would like Lisa Marie to complain less and develop herself more! She's more loveable than she actually thinks she is. Let go of that bad karma, Lisa..!

I agree with you.Very true

girlhappy19
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast