Thread: Great clip from 8mm footages!

Great clip from 8mm footages!

I had to share this! I think this is the same footage what you can see in "Elvis Behind The Image", just the sound is different. Of course the original had no sound. I think it came through he had so strong charisma! Even without hearing his voice.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Re: Great clip from 8mm footages!

I have seen this before. It is a remarkable showing of just how DYNAMIC he was on stage in the early 70's. A far cry from what his shows would become by 1973.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

He definately could put on a show Who put the star wars music onto the clip?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    He definately could put on a show Who put the star wars music onto the clip?
    I don't know, but I think it's great. Maybe who uploaded the video.

I LOVE
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I have seen this before. It is a remarkable showing of just how DYNAMIC he was on stage in the early 70's. A far cry from what his shows would become by 1973.
    I think that's a little unfair statement. He did some great shows after 73, just a different type of show. Also I think to keep that kind of energy up for many years he would need to do less shows, not 2 or 3 shows a night. Even on tour not just in Vegas were 2 shows a night. He might have even thought it would look silly pushing 40 and still dancing around like that.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Great footage! He was in such phenomenal shape in 1970.

again posted for the millionth time on you tube under another title , this was first released on the bhi dvd by russ howe and bud glass.

Love the red macrame belt, had a girlfriend in high school who made those.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Love the red macrame belt, had a girlfriend in high school who made those.
    I love his red belt as well! IDK who made them, but it looked great on his thin waist.

I LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I think that's a little unfair statement. He did some great shows after 73, just a different type of show. Also I think to keep that kind of energy up for many years he would need to do less shows, not 2 or 3 shows a night. Even on tour not just in Vegas were 2 shows a night. He might have even thought it would look silly pushing 40 and still dancing around like that.

agree there
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Well the newness had worn off after 72-he had proved who he was again in 69-71 and unfortunately he got huge reactions for just wiggling his finger so his shows took on a different tone. He did have some greats shows after 72-73 but they were of a different nature.
    His movements in 69-71 were total energy finally released after his 9 year hiatus from live shows-and I'm sure he felt I have to prove I am not over the hill, I am not past my prime-and he definitely did show the world he was still a performer with no equals.
    But after 71 he learned I can do less and still get the same reaction....the same venues and tour routes every other cycle did not help his boredom add in the Vegas month long 2-3 shows a night schedule and it has to get old.
    Last edited by KPM; 06-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Work in Progress!

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Thanks, Betti. Itīs a great video! If anyone wonder why I can suddenly watch youtube videos: I downloaded a program that unblocks videos on youtube.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    Thanks, Betti. Itīs a great video! If anyone wonder why I can suddenly watch youtube videos: I downloaded a program that unblocks videos on youtube.
    Uh oh watch out! .........
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

You see if I were working for Apollo/EPE the kinds of great footage such as this is what I would be going after-so many great videos could be put together with the best of the fan footage-synced to the proper music.....virtually all of the 70s tour years have great 8mm and VHS footage available-with a great film editor to clean and edit... the amount of new Elvis performance merchandise would be considerable. Of course a lot of the fan films are blurry or distant-but a lot of good clear stuff is still out there.
    Since film cameras were prohibited at Elvis shows all the film was taken illegally to start with, so actually negotiating for this footage should not be much of a problem....other than tracking down the owners of the actual 8mm films and tapes which would be preferable to get the best picture possible.
    Work in Progress!

Exactly! I have found so much cool stuff on youtube in my spare time over the last year that I never knew existed, and I have been an Elvis fan since I was 10. The interviews from EOT especially are now so important and poignant to me knowing how the story ends. I really think he was trying to let people in on his true feelings the best way he could without revealing too much, particularly considering what a difficult time that spring/summer of 1972 must have been for him. I feel like I have discovered so many new sides to him and the rest of the world, not just hard core fans, would appreciate this as well.