Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
    I'm game for a new backing..................if you heard Burton/Tutte in '69/70 you can definitely hear the difference...................it's not their fault, they're still great but they're just getting older..............I'm looking forward to seeing a virtual Elvis..................I just saw "Viva Elvis" in Vegas and loved those remixes!!!! AND so did the sold out audience!!! The sound/show was AWESOME - made our seats rumble!!!!! Elvis' voice was SO vibrant......WOW!!!
    Curious.... if Elvis were here alive today-he would be 77 and would undoubtably not sound, look or move as he did in 69-70.... would we put him out to pasture for a new younger virtual fake Elvis to draw more fans? Just a thought.
    Last edited by KPM; 06-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Work in Progress!

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Curious.... if Elvis were here alive today-he would be 77 and would undoubtably not sound, look or move as he did in 69-70.... would we put him out to pastor for a new younger virtual fake Elvis to draw more fans? Just a thought.
    That's not the same and you know it.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

He was here we wouldn't need to do this anyway...........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    Exactly. But then again, he probably wouldn't be as popular today if he were still alive.

that's not so bad.......lol

I have some cups......we're not so weird are we?
    Ok, I also have 1 cup, but that's it, I swear! We're just two normal bods, nothing strange or unusual about us

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Exactly. But then again, he probably wouldn't be as popular today if he were still alive.
    I'd like to think not, but you're probably right..............

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    I'd like to think not, but you're probably right..............
    unfortunately your both probably right. It makes you immortal in death doesn't it?
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

That's not the same and you know it.
    My goodness!!! Good morning to you also-I am feeling fine and my 25 -30 years is still ahead of me on track.
    Its the same "principle".... someones worth is not judged by age alone-its judged by deeds, maturity, ability.......... and we should judge everyone with some mode of respect regardless of their age, creed, color or religion.
    That was the "principle" thought of that post.
    Work in Progress!

Well that would be selling him short-selling short his appeal his charisma and his talent.
    We say here all the time-he was one of a kind, he was unique, a voice like no other yet you want to say this would not have continued, that all that is fallacy...sorry I do not buy it.
    Also you just take for granted that he would not have ebbs and flows in his career over the last 35 years...that his health would have not improved, that he would not record any greats new songs and albums, that his world tour would have never happened, that his film career would not have been resurrected, on and on etc..
    He had a worldwide smash in 2001-2002 with ALLC yet he was not even alive-that must give and indication of staying power.
    I think if anything he may have taken on the mantle of elder statesmen of rock-much like Johnny Cash did with country rock....and there was a resurgence in JCs career-(at one point in the late 80s early 90s JCs label did not renew his recording contract some felt his time and talent were over-wrongly)
    Work in Progress!

Perhaps we would not need to-but I can bet you "someone" sadly would be thinking of doing it anyway.
    Work in Progress!

A new article and some little tidbits on what to expect. http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertai...n-the-building

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Lisa still said recently that there was nothing in the works, just a discussion about it right now. It could be a couple of years before we see anything. It might be best to let them do some other artists first, so they can work out the kinks and get the formula that works for this kind of stuff.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Lisa still said recently that there was nothing in the works, just a discussion about it right now. It could be a couple of years before we see anything. It might be best to let them do some other artists first, so they can work out the kinks and get the formula that works for this kind of stuff.
    To be honest, I'm not buying what Lisa says about them not having anything in the works. Digital Domain AND Core who owns EPE have both stated something totally different than what she has. Which leads me to believe that Lisa doesn't know all the details and is just speaking what she believes or thinks of the situation. Not smart on her part. Lisa only owns Graceland and 15% of EPE. That's it. She does not own the financial nor the creative side of project developments. Meaning her say is limited.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

To be honest, I'm not buying what Lisa says about them not having anything in the works. Digital Domain AND Core who owns EPE have both stated something totally different than what she has. Which leads me to believe that Lisa doesn't know all the details and is just speaking what she believes or thinks of the situation. Not smart on her part. Lisa only owns Graceland and 15% of EPE. That's it. She does not own the financial nor the creative side of project developments. Meaning her say is limited.
    That may be true but they can't do anything until she approves the final version.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia

Latest comment from Digital Domain:

http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertai...n-the-building

Brian

Lets be frank- surely she knows the details about what is being done for this 35th anniversary celebration-they plan these things for years (as was pointed out in our thread about the 25th anniversary and BMG announcing a year in advance the 30#1s....I'm sure they adjust their plans as the date draws near, but she would have to be in on any major changes. You are correct her total say is limited-but that does not mean she/EPE are kept out of the loop for these type things. A 15% shareholder is a major shareholder in any corporation but when that shareholder is the only child of the reason for the corporation-that carries weight.
    But on the other hand they all could be downplaying expectations hoping for the same large reaction that happened with the Tupac appearance.
    Once again time will tell.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    That may be true but they can't do anything until she approves the final version.
    Yes I would think that in the original deal some form of final approval would have been included-what lawyer or legal agency would negotiate a deal for image and likeness without having that in the contract somewhere.
    Work in Progress!

If he was my Dad, I'd insist on final approval before anything was released...........

Heres a new story from Memphis that goes into some detail about CORE and also about why they are going slowly with the digital "holographic" Elvis as Lisa says they want it to be totally right:
    .....The Elvis Week concert Aug. 16 at FedExForum is still scheduled to include Elvis’ likeness on the big screen only, not on stage with the live band of Elvis veterans at least for now.
    Show producer Stig Edgren, however, told Elvis Radio, EPE’s Sirius/XM satellite music channel, there will be an “opening surprise” and a rebuilt show that features Elvis in the 1950s and from his 1968 television comeback special..................
    The June 6 press release from CORE Media and DDMG said, “The companies have already begun work on the virtual Elvis Presley likeness and will announce when and where audiences can expect to see the first virtual Elvis performances.”Presley’s daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, told Rolling Stone this month that the plans are much more tentative.

“If we want to do it, we’ve got the rights to do it, is basically all that’s happened,” she told the magazine. “There’s been nothing set, no prototypes. There’s nothing in the works at the moment.”........

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news...y-enterprises/
    Last edited by KPM; 07-13-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Work in Progress!

maybe we'll get a little 'taster' just for a few minutes?........