Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

It's being reported that the hologram Elvis may be for a TV appearance as well as a tour. http://www.abc-7.com/story/18730112/...rn-as-hologram
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Who says they will do a 70's style Elvis. It might be 50's Elvis or 70's style Elvis dressed more with a suit not a jumpsuit. They might go a totally different route with Elvis. I hope not, I hope they go with like the 68 special black leather or the clean 69 type jumpsuits. I just hope they stay true to who Elvis was and not try to re-write history.
    It would be pretty special to have segments from each era, I like Elvis through the decades, although vocally I prefer the 70s. I wonder how long it will be before we get a sneak peak?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    It would be pretty special to have segments from each era, I like Elvis through the decades, although vocally I prefer the 70s. I wonder how long it will be before we get a sneak peak?

I agree with you S.E! I can not wait to see it.
    ELVIS is not only kind of costume, voice and movements. I am only afraid that it will not be disappointed.

ELVIS are PHENOMENON! GREATEST PHENOMENON!

I fear that will not be easy to show as the famous rapper Tupac Shakur.
    I mean the aura that surrounded ELVIS, when he lived. The aura which, those who love him can sense even today.
    I'll Remember You!!!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    It's being reported that the hologram Elvis may be for a TV appearance as well as a tour. http://www.abc-7.com/story/18730112/...rn-as-hologram
    I think this hologram might end up opening a huge can of worms. I wouldn't want them to have some bad impersonator try and do Elvis' voice, it always sounds so fake. Here is Elvis showing up on sum silly show and say uh uh. This will damage Elvis’ image even more than it is now.

I want to see Elvis on stage using HIS vocals, with a clean jumpsuit or a 2 or 3 piece suit of something he would wear. If they stay true to Elvis, I would like to see this hologram done but if it loses who Elvis was I won't go see it. It will just be another joke on Elvis’ image.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    I prefer the 70's vocal of Elvis too.

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by josephinebeau View Post
    "Calm down girls (yeah I know you're both men)"
    Too funny, and I agree the slap fight needs to stop. I don't think Elvis would appreciate fans being snarky to one another, you can debate and still agree to disagree.
    No slap fight-none what so ever on my part-I call it as I see it. I have never slapped anyone in my life. I have punched a few;
    As far as agreeing to disagree-sure I always have, I think I may have coined the phrase-but that does not stop the debate as new points are brought up.......Viva and I are on opposite ends of the pole on many spectrums...thats not my fault, he has his thoughts and I have mine.
    If I did not comment on something I felt another side needed to be pointed out on......how does that benefit the knowledge on that subject?
    I have never understood why some want debate limited-I stay respectful, and there is no personal attacks "on my end" of any discussion.
    Debate sparks thought and more discussion-that the nature of it.
    Work in Progress!

I think this hologram might end up opening a huge can of worms. I wouldn't want them to have some bad impersonator try and do Elvis' voice, it always sounds so fake. Here is Elvis showing up on sum silly show and say uh uh. This will damage Elvis’ image even more than it is now.

I want to see Elvis on stage using HIS vocals, with a clean jumpsuit or a 2 or 3 piece suit of something he would wear. If they stay true to Elvis, I would like to see this hologram done but if it loses who Elvis was I won't go see it. It will just be another joke on Elvis’ image.
    If it is not seamless and realistic in all ways you are correct it will hurt not help gain fans-it will be a gimmick that backfires.
    If it is seamless and realistic-it could be an asset.........once again the proof will be in the pudding.
    IE Viva Elvis..... many of the remixes were just not true to Elvis-but Burning Love, and Suspicious Minds were done very true to Elvis and his style...I could imagine Elvis doing them in that fashion.
    Work in Progress!

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

That sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    If it is not seamless and realistic in all ways you are correct it will hurt not help gain fans-it will be a gimmick that backfires.
    If it is seamless and realistic-it could be an asset.........once again the proof will be in the pudding.
    IE Viva Elvis..... many of the remixes were just not true to Elvis-but Burning Love, and Suspicious Minds were done very true to Elvis and his style...I could imagine Elvis doing them in that fashion.
    I really hope they don't use the remixes for the shows. I would want them to use Elvis' voice for only the songs he recorded while alive. As any Elvis fan knows the excitement his voice had in songs like Suspicious Minds, Polk Salad Annie and Patch It Up when performed live can really explode off of the screen.

As you say, time will tell if this is done right with respect to Elvis' legacy. That is what I'm worried about the most with this. I know Lisa said as long as everything is done tasteful she will agree to it. Let's hope she sticks to her word.

RIP Tommy

We shall see, I pray it will be good for ELVIS' fans old and especially new fans this go bring on to keep his beloved memory alive, and that it is portrayed in a fantastic, amazing fashion, with only ELVIS' voice and likeness.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I really hope they don't use the remixes for the shows. I would want them to use Elvis' voice for only the songs he recorded while alive. As any Elvis fan knows the excitement his voice had in songs like Suspicious Minds, Polk Salad Annie and Patch It Up when performed live can really explode off of the screen.

As you say, time will tell if this is done right with respect to Elvis' legacy. That is what I'm worried about the most with this. I know Lisa said as long as everything is done tasteful she will agree to it. Let's hope she sticks to her word.
    Some people never consider this aspect of questions such as this-true to Elvis's style of performing and vocal ability and tasteful.
    The line from one of the Jurassic Park films is applicable to this topic-
    "Just because you can do something.... does that morally mean you should?"
    Work in Progress!

Some people never consider this aspect of questions such as this-true to Elvis's style of performing and vocal ability and tasteful.
    I think they should my friend......... Let's hope it is done right.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    We shall see, I pray it will be good for ELVIS' fans old and especially new fans this go bring on to keep his beloved memory alive, and that it is portrayed in a fantastic, amazing fashion, with only ELVIS' voice and likeness.
    I totally agree my friend.

RIP Tommy

I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

RIP Tommy

Although I prefer 69 onwards, to educate and re-introduce new fans it would make sense to show them who started it all, the mania around him and the way he moved
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

When the Tupac hologram happened and was newsworthy, it was a big story for a day or two then faded. This Elvis hologram news has gone on for a week now and it's still big news. That tells you just how big and iconic Elvis still is to where he's important enough to draw national news coverage 35 years after his death. In a time when it's all about the flavor of the month in Hollywood and music, or who's sleeping with who.

Please name me another human being that can accomplish such attention in death, 35 years later at that?
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    When the Tupac hologram happened and was newsworthy, it was a big story for a day or two then faded. This Elvis hologram news has gone on for a week now and it's still big news. That tells you just how big and iconic Elvis still is to where he's important enough to draw national news coverage 35 years after his death. In a time when it's all about the flavor of the month in Hollywood and music, or who's sleeping with who.

Please name me another human being that can accomplish such attention in death, 35 years later at that?
    Nobody.............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I would not consider this as the moral issues.
    I worry more about change the facts in the life of Elvis.
    But I hope it is done right.
    I'll Remember You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elvia7 View Post
    I would not consider this as the moral issues.
    I worry more about change the facts in the life of Elvis.But I hope it is done right.
    Exactly correct- if they present something which is not showing Elvis realistically in voice, appearance and performance movement-then should they even use it?-to me that is a moral question.........
    Work in Progress!

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Did you see the hologramm on American Idol a few years ago? The one of Elvis singing "If I can dream"? If it will be like that one it would be great!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast