Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

[QUOTE=KPM;412187]
    “If we want to do it, we’ve got the rights to do it, is basically all that’s happened,” she told the magazine. “There’s been nothing set, no prototypes. There’s nothing in the works at the moment.”........

Maybe I'm reading too much into this particular statement, but I think LMP is keeping her cards to her chest. There is no doubt in my mind that there is something on the table, just a case of when and where. My guess is at some point Graceland will debut a new exhibit featuring 3d Elvis, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon................................

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

[QUOTE=Snake Eyes;412196]
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    “If we want to do it, we’ve got the rights to do it, is basically all that’s happened,” she told the magazine. “There’s been nothing set, no prototypes. There’s nothing in the works at the moment.”........

Maybe I'm reading too much into this particular statement, but I think LMP is keeping her cards to her chest. There is no doubt in my mind that there is something on the table, just a case of when and where. My guess is at some point Graceland will debut a new exhibit featuring 3d Elvis, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon................................
    No, you are 100% correct! Once Lisa said that I knew something wasn't accurate about her statement. I agree with Ken though that she would have to be aware of what was being planned. I think she's just playing it safe not to jump the gun in case something goes wrong and it falls through. I think they all learned form Sillerman's quick trigger hand not to do that anymore. It made them look like attention seeking liars and that is not good for business. No way would Core, who signed the deal with Digital Media, publicly claim that they would soon be announcing the projects if nothing was even on the table as she led on to believe.

In order for them to do a 3-D or 4-D Elvis attraction at Graceland they will need all new facilities as that technology requires enhanced structures. Core is working on a new museum for Graceland, possibly featuring this technology.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

[QUOTE=vivaelvis;412210]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post

No, you are 100% correct! Once Lisa said that I knew something wasn't accurate about her statement. I agree with Ken though that she would have to be aware of what was being planned. I think she's just playing it safe not to jump the gun in case something goes wrong and it falls through. I think they all learned form Sillerman's quick trigger hand not to do that anymore. It made them look like attention seeking liars and that is not good for business. No way would Core, who signed the deal with Digital Media, publicly claim that they would soon be announcing the projects if nothing was even on the table as she led on to believe.

In order for them to do a 3-D or 4-D Elvis attraction at Graceland they will need all new facilities as that technology requires enhanced structures. Core is working on a new museum for Graceland, possibly featuring this technology.
    I really do not see much difference in what CORE has said, and what Lisa has said, she says their is nothing set, no prototypes etc......and that is not much different in what CORE has said-they have signed an agreement with the digital company to work on some type of digital Elvis presentation.........and that may be as far as it has gone.....nothing to show anyone at this point in time....even though they a deal is done.
    This is all relatively new....a short time since the Tupac performance Rome is not built in a day. So I really see little conflict in what Lisa has said and what CORE has announced-Core says they will tell everyone when the first digital performance will take place-Lisa says nothing ready at this moment-pretty much the same thing.
    Its speculative to decide when, how and where this will all take place......all I know is it better be true to the voice, movement and performances that were ELVIS....if not if will not succeed....
    Work in Progress!

[QUOTE=Snake Eyes;412196]

As I said in my previous post-"nothing in the works" is a broad statement which means nothing right at this moment is ready for any presentation but its already been established that a contract has been signed to work on this digital process performance...........and...you can have deal with a company "contingent" on some basic rules and those may include things we have all discussed-it must be true to the spirit of Elvis as he was in live performances....surely no one is going to allow any "digital" image of Elvis to not be top notch in presentation....would it be smart to sign a deal that did not leave veto power to the buyer-if the product does not meet certain standards?
    As I said it may be nothing is near ready for the 35th anniversary and they want everyone to understand this-or......they are downplaying expectations in case something "may be ready" by Elvis Week and then its a surprise.
    What will be will be.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I heard George Klein today on Elvis Radio talking about the virtual Elvis. He was told by Jerry Schilling that they have pulled Elvis' old medical files to make sure they get Elvis' features down, like the jaw line and teeth.

This could be so cool if they are really taking their time with this virtual Elvis and getting all the details down and making it as realistic as they can.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I heard George Klein today on Elvis Radio talking about the virtual Elvis. He was told by Jerry Schilling that they have pulled Elvis' old medical files to make sure they get Elvis' features down, like the jaw line and teeth.

This could be so cool if they are really taking their time with this virtual Elvis and getting all the details down and making it as realistic as they can.
    Does sound promising-the voice and the movement are my worries.
    Work in Progress!

Does sound promising-the voice and the movement are my worries.
    I stumbled across this looking and thought you guys might be interested. It's about Digital Domain's plans for a virtual Elvis. Below is an excerpt from the Q2 2012 results.

Our relationship with virtual Elvis is a perfect example of that, because while Tupac was sort of several hundred thousand dollars in cost and revenue to us, it ended there, really it was a proof point. But when you talk about virtual Elvis performing three shows a night, one day in not only Graceland, but in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, Branson, Missouri, Macau, then the leverage you get with incremental revenues against your services business can really be attractive. http://seekingalpha.com/article/8126...nscript?page=5

So, from reading that, and it not being some assumption by a reporter but straight from the actual company annual report, it's safe to say that they're planning virtual concerts at Graceland in the foreseeable future. It also means that EPE must be making arrangements for the new visitor's center as the current one is not big enough nor possible to hold such of an elaborate production.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I stumbled across this looking and thought you guys might be interested. It's about Digital Domain's plans for a virtual Elvis. Below is an excerpt from the Q2 2012 results.

Our relationship with virtual Elvis is a perfect example of that, because while Tupac was sort of several hundred thousand dollars in cost and revenue to us, it ended there, really it was a proof point. But when you talk about virtual Elvis performing three shows a night, one day in not only Graceland, but in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, Branson, Missouri, Macau, then the leverage you get with incremental revenues against your services business can really be attractive. http://seekingalpha.com/article/8126...nscript?page=5

So, from reading that, and it not being some assumption by a reporter but straight from the actual company annual report, it's safe to say that they're planning virtual concerts at Graceland in the foreseeable future. It also means that EPE must be making arrangements for the new visitor's center as the current one is not big enough nor possible to hold such of an elaborate production.
    Still all the announcements, all the hype and hoopla........mean absolutely ZIP-if the virtual image, the voice and the movements are not those of Elvis Presley........ IF they are....then this will be huge for we fans and future fans.....if it is not-it will be disappointing to fans and will give wrong impressions of the talent, charisma and image of Elvis....to others (which can do harm)
    I do not get over excited from press releases-I get over excited from actual results my eyes and ears have heard.......which is the way we should all judge things like this.
    OVER hype-can do as much harm as good.
    Work in Progress!

Still all the announcements, all the hype and hoopla........mean absolutely ZIP-if the virtual image, the voice and the movements are not those of Elvis Presley........ IF they are....then this will be huge for we fans and future fans.....if it is not-it will be disappointing to fans and will give wrong impressions of the talent, charisma and image of Elvis....to others (which can do harm)
    I do not get over excited from press releases-I get over excited from actual results my eyes and ears have heard.......which is the way we should all judge things like this.
    But this was not a published article to hype it up. It was Digital Domain's annual company report. I know what you mean about overhype. Sillerman was a true master at that. Anything could go wrong and derail the project, such as another economical meltdown. But what was quoted in that report is what is being planned and in the development stages at this moment. Sillerman's plans never got off the ground.

But this was not a published article to hype it up. It was Digital Domain's annual company report. I know what you mean about overhype. Sillerman was a true master at that. Anything could go wrong and derail the project, such as another economical meltdown. But what was quoted in that report is what is being planned and in the development stages at this moment. Sillerman's plans never got off the ground.
    The annual report of any company does have a form of hype-in essence figures can be made to appear as the best in the world or the worst in the world. Hopefully this is not hype-we will see.
    Work in Progress!

I agree but why wouldn't they use his voice? That to me is the easiest part of the whole virtual image. I do hope they use Elvis as the movements and of course that "walk" he had too. I do worry that they will use an impersonator to create some or all of the movements on stage and that would ruin it for me. I believe that is what they did for the Tupac image. Of course it wouldn’t be tough to create Tupac’s movements but Elvis is a different story.

RIP Tommy

I agree but why wouldn't they use his voice? That to me is the easiest part of the whole virtual image. I do hope they use Elvis as the movements and of course that "walk" he had too. I do worry that they will use an impersonator to create some or all of the movements on stage and that would ruin it for me. I believe that is what they did for the Tupac image. Of course it wouldn’t be tough to create Tupac’s movements but Elvis is a different story.
    The Tupac illusion was a one-time only thing and a rough draft test to what can and cannot be done. It's even hinted by the company in that quote I posted. They have stated before that what they plan to do with Elvis is groundbreaking and has yet to be done with any other performer. Jerry Schilling said on Sirius that they are using Elvis' dental records to get the jawbone structure just right. So that tells me they are taking detail very serious as much as possible and not just throwing something cheaply done together. I seriously doubt that any impersonator or sound-alike will be used in any way, shape or form. In fact, what they're planning to do with Elvis and other singers is expected to put the impersonation business of all entertainers out of business.

this could be absolutely phenomenal................but we'll have to see
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

The Tupac illusion was a one-time only thing and a rough draft test to what can and cannot be done. It's even hinted by the company in that quote I posted. They have stated before that what they plan to do with Elvis is groundbreaking and has yet to be done with any other performer. Jerry Schilling said on Sirius that they are using Elvis' dental records to get the jawbone structure just right. So that tells me they are taking detail very serious as much as possible and not just throwing something cheaply done together. I seriously doubt that any impersonator or sound-alike will be used in any way, shape or form. In fact, what they're planning to do with Elvis and other singers is expected to put the impersonation business of all entertainers out of business.
    With some of the info you've just given, how long do you think it could be before we see something? Are we looking at months / years? If they really are putting in that much effort, the results should be worth the wait.

Well my vision of a "virtual Elvis" is Elvis doing things not done before.....IE his movements will not be mechanical recreations of movements copied from his movies or concert films....they would be more spontaneous (but true to Elvis and his instincts in performance) as far as the voice-I was assuming that if "Virtual Elvis" is a true virtual recreation of Elvis-then he would be singing songs that he never sang before....thats my concern about the voice.....but even if he sings songs on stage that he recorded but never performed live-the syncing of his face movements to the recorded songs is also another concern.
    If this "Virtual Elvis" does not include something new that was never done by Elvis-IMO- what does it accomplish.......you can see his concert films and see the real deal, or you can attend the live show that travels the world and shows the big screen real Elvis singing and performing.
    There are so many questions about what they are going to actually do-that speculation is fun perhaps.....but pointless.... because until we see the results we have no clue at to what "Virtual Elvis" will be or intail.
    If its just a recreation of filmed performances we already have....I'm not sure its worth the money and effort.
    Work in Progress!

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

If its just a recreation of filmed performances we already have....I'm not sure its worth the money and effort.
    The above quote summarises my main concern too. If were going to get a 68 Special or Aloha replica I'm not sure what the point would be? On the other hand if we had an Elvis figure that wore something in keeping with his style and covered select contemporary songs I could see value.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    The above quote summarises my main concern too. If were going to get a 68 Special or Aloha replica I'm not sure what the point would be? On the other hand if we had an Elvis figure that wore something in keeping with his style and covered select contemporary songs I could see value.
    Don't forget that Digital Domain was the brainchild behind the very successful hit movie, Avatar. The majority of that entire production was digitalized.

I am almost certain (and not assuming, but going by what has been mentioned so far) that Digital Domain won't be spending millions for a reproduction of the Aloha Special or the 68 Comeback. As Ken pointed out, there would be no reason to do that as we already have it as clear as possible. Going by what DD and Core have said, it's most likely that we'll see Elvis doing virtual concerts and making virtual appearances taking advantage of the highest levels of modern day digital technologies.

Imagine seeing Elvis (virtually) on a stage (screen) in his black leather suit singing Suspicious Minds with a modern day rock band backing him.

Now imagine seeing Elvis in his iconic Aloha suit singing the tracks from 69-72 and all the gyrations that came with that period.

That's most likely what we'll be getting. Kind of a "what if" scenario. What if Elvis hadn't gone downhill after 1973. What if Elvis was that youthful star in today's music world. That's the whole reason behind it and what we can most likely expect.

As for when will we see this? If they are indeed planning to have future shows at Graceland, along with Las Vegas and other places, then it'll be at least a year or longer because they do not have the appropriate facilities to house that yet. The only big enough facility would be the car museum. But then where would they put all the cars? It's also possible that they may focus on Las Vegas first since Viva Elvis has ended.

Maybe I'm one of the few but I would love to see a whole show of the Aloha, 68 and TTWIS. Sure I have them on DVD but to see those exact shows with him on stage and a live band backing him would be just awesome. I had the best time at the 35th anniversary concert and he was just on the screen. If he would have been “on” stage with the band backing him that night, I might have ran to the stage wanting to shake his hand….ha.

RIP Tommy

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

I am almost certain (and not assuming, but going by what has been mentioned so far) that Digital Domain won't be spending millions for a reproduction of the Aloha Special or the 68 Comeback.
    There are three to four iconic Images of Elvis:- Young 1956 Rebel Elvis, 68 Leather, 68 White Suit & Aloha Jumpsuit! They will without doubt use this kind of image to represent Elvis, its a safe bet they will use songs from these venues due to the quality material they already have of these shows.

Now imagine seeing Elvis in his iconic Aloha suit singing the tracks from 69-72 and all the gyrations that came with that period.
    Similar to the Elvis concert then? But do we really want more of the same? I would prefer an Elvis that did something a little more contemporary, something to hook a new generation and a pathway to the original material. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Kind of a "what if" scenario. What if Elvis hadn't gone downhill after 1973. What if Elvis was that youthful star in today's music world. That's the whole reason behind it and what we can most likely expect.
    What a curious statement to make, we will always have photo's of the Elvis EPE would rather we forget, the internet is full of "Fat Elvis" jokes, Just because we have a sanitised model of Elvis will not take away that part of Elvis' life! I get the feeling that your trying to rewrite Elvis' last four years on the planet because you are disappointed??

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    There are three to four iconic Images of Elvis:- Young 1956 Rebel Elvis, 68 Leather, 68 White Suit & Aloha Jumpsuit! They will without doubt use this kind of image to represent Elvis, its a safe bet they will use songs from these venues due to the quality material they already have of these shows.

Similar to the Elvis concert then? But do we really want more of the same? I would prefer an Elvis that did something a little more contemporary, something to hook a new generation and a pathway to the original material. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

What a curious statement to make, we will always have photo's of the Elvis EPE would rather we forget, the internet is full of "Fat Elvis" jokes, Just because we have a sanitised model of Elvis will not take away that part of Elvis' life! I get the feeling that your trying to rewrite Elvis' last four years on the planet because you are disappointed??
    No, not at all. Elvis' final days are recorded, filmed and documented for the whole world to see, or to use as a way to bringing him down to their level. But let's be honest here. Which Elvis would you want young people to see-Aloha Elvis or 77 Elvis? No way in hell will we see 77 Elvis singing My Way.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast