Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Thanks Viva, I saw this or something similar a while back. At first glance, it was impressive, but second and third not so much. Let's hope they can produce something utterly mind-blowing to shut me up
    I you watch the full performance, you can see the light shine right through the bottom of his boot where the spotlight is. It also looks like he's on a conveyor belt moving side to side.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Digital Domain Media Group and CORE Media Group to Create Virtual Elvis Presley

This is becoming a big news story worldwide. CBS News is now got a story up on their site about it. Basically the same as already reported but still nice to see Elvis getting national media coverage 35 years after his passing.

if this is good...........it was be b*oody amazing......stupendous
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I you watch the full performance, you can see the light shine right through the bottom of his boot where the spotlight is. It also looks like he's on a conveyor belt moving side to side.
    It does look like a conveyor belt, but if what you say is true and that he was a rough draft, then they know what to work on. It's also fantastic news that this is getting so much coverage. The final product should be very interesting, fingers crossed it meets our exceptionally high standards

It does look like a conveyor belt, but if what you say is true and that he was a rough draft, then they know what to work on. It's also fantastic news that this is getting so much coverage. The final product should be very interesting, fingers crossed it meets our exceptionally high standards
    Consider this. The performance of Tupac was recreated by computerized technology. They used a studio recording of Tupac and re-edited it to make it look like he was live dueting with Snoop Dog. So that means they can now take studio songs by Elvis like It's Only Love (which he never performed live) and have him perform it, virtually. This also means that they can now recreate the legendary 1969 Vegas comeback shows, minus the irritating long talks and nonsense that Elvis was doing then. I do understand though that he was a nervous wreck and that was the reason for the long dialogues. They can also create new stage wardrobes for Elvis. Put him in the black leather seeing See See Rider with the hard rockin' version from 1970.

They could get Shawn Klush to be the human puppet behind the screen that would make virtual Elvis move and dance. He does Elvis as good as anyone when it comes to the body moves and stage appearance. Although he would need to lose some weight in the midsection. He could also do the voice for dialogues such as talking about being in a certain town or band intros. He sounds as close to Elvis when he talks than of anyone I've ever seen.

They can also create new recordings using Elvis' vocals. They did this using Conway Twitty in a duet with Anita Cochran. He sang on a song he never even heard. And that was back in 2004. Music and computer technology has come a long way in the past 8 years. Below is the Conway duet with Anita. Conway comes in at the 2:50 mark.

Maybe they will create Elvis singing I Will Always Love You since it was to be his next big hit.

The potential and possibilities are unlimited! We could really be in for a special treat.

Do you honestly have to always criticize everything I post? I know you have sent me pms saying "it's nothing personal" but it's really looking that way whether it is or isn't. You find every little thing possibly wrong with my posts, but I never see you ever do the same with others who say some really bad stuff that is not accurate. But you never correct them.

And for the record, nobody is promised tomorrow. You could die tonight depsite the best health in the world. We all have a number assigned to us in the book of life. When that number (day) comes then that's it.
    No it is not personal on my side-it is points of fact and difference.
    No one else pushs the expansion, age difference and age (almost a disdain for we older fans as if you can not wait for us to be gone), "state of the art facilities" racial issues surrounding Elvis's legacy like you do-if they did I would comment in the same way I do with you. TOTAL DIFFERENCE IN OUTLOOK and realization of why Elvis is great and how he gains new fans....,that is not personal it is total all out disagreement.
    Your cryptic comment ...... about "nobody is promised tomorrow-you could die tonight despite the best of health in the world".......that is in agreement with my comment...."of course realizing you plan life as it happens around you".....but since you did not get it I'll rephrase it for you.....I plan on living another 25-30 years.... but I realize I can plan all I want and could drop dead or be hit by a car any moment.
    If people post bad things which are not accurate I will disagree no matter who it is. I have told you this also-when I agree with you I will say so-problem is we just do not. I told you I would not expect you to agree with me if you do not, and visa versa.
    The idea of a "Virtual Elvis" I have said if it is "realistic in movement, look and voice" I am for it..... but not if it is not true to the talent and charisma that was Elvis Presley.
    This is called "debate" on issues that are important to individuals...this is the way it works.
    Work in Progress!

Consider this. The performance of Tupac was recreated by computerized technology. They used a studio recording of Tupac and re-edited it to make it look like he was live dueting with Snoop Dog. So that means they can now take studio songs by Elvis like It's Only Love (which he never performed live) and have him perform it, virtually. This also means that they can now recreate the legendary 1969 Vegas comeback shows, minus the irritating long talks and nonsense that Elvis was doing then. I do understand though that he was a nervous wreck and that was the reason for the long dialogues. They can also create new stage wardrobes for Elvis. Put him in the black leather seeing See See Rider with the hard rockin' version from 1970.

They could get Shawn Klush to be the human puppet behind the screen that would make virtual Elvis move and dance. He does Elvis as good as anyone when it comes to the body moves and stage appearance. Although he would need to lose some weight in the midsection. He could also do the voice for dialogues such as talking about being in a certain town or band intros. He sounds as close to Elvis when he talks than of anyone I've ever seen.

They can also create new recordings using Elvis' vocals. They did this using Conway Twitty in a duet with Anita Cochran. He sang on a song he never even heard. And that was back in 2004. Music and computer technology has come a long way in the past 8 years. Below is the Conway duet with Anita. Conway comes in at the 2:50 mark.

Maybe they will create Elvis singing [I]I Will Always Love You[/I] since it was to be his next big hit.

The potential and possibilities are unlimited! We could really be in for a special treat.
    Where would the vocals come from??? Since no voice AP or program is able to totally reproduce exactly the voice of a particular human!
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    No it is not personal on my side-it is points of fact and difference.
    No one else pushs the expansion, age difference and age (almost a disdain for we older fans as if you can not wait for us to be gone), "state of the art facilities" racial issues surrounding Elvis's legacy like you do-if they did I would comment in the same way I do with you. TOTAL DIFFERENCE IN OUTLOOK and realization of why Elvis is great and how he gains new fans....,that is not personal it is total all out disagreement.
    Your cryptic comment ...... about "nobody is promised tomorrow-you could die tonight despite the best of health in the world".......that is in agreement with my comment...."of course realizing you plan life as it happens around you".....but since you did not get it I'll rephrase it for you.....I plan on living another 25-30 years.... but I realize I can plan all I want and could drop dead or be hit by a car any moment.
    If people post bad things which are not accurate I will disagree no matter who it is. I have told you this also-when I agree with you I will say so-problem is we just do not. I told you I would not expect you to agree with me if you do not, and visa versa.
    The idea of a "Virtual Elvis" I have said if it is "realistic in movement, look and voice" I am for it..... but not if it is not true to the talent and charisma that was Elvis Presley.
    This is called "debate" on issues that are important to individuals...this is the way it works.
    Really, man? In case you have not been paying attention those very subjects are what's being talked about lately in the Elvis world, not just on here or by me. I just find it funny how you always single me out. Here's an idea. If you dislike what I post or talk about then how about not responding? I don't mind a debate. But with you. it's a constant disagreement on your part, every time.

Where would the vocals come from??? Since no voice AP or program is able to totally reproduce exactly the voice of a particular human!
    The vocals would come from a mixture of other Presley lines to mesh together. Listen to the song on the video link and you will see what I mean. They took bits and pieces of Conway recordings throughout his career and created a whole new line.

Viva, I hate to say it but that duet sounded weird to me. Maybe if I'd heard it without knowing the deal, it would've passed me by as just another bad record, but there was something a little off with Conways vocals.

On one hand I'm really excited at what could be in store with virtual Elvis, there are several songs that I'd love to see, but then there is a huge part that thinks it could all go a bit pet cemetery (yes I know, not even remotely similar ) but still............

Thanks for the info on Shawn Klush, I'll have to check him out.

Really, man? In case you have not been paying attention those very subjects are what's being talked about lately in the Elvis world, not just on here or by me. I just find it funny how you always single me out. Here's an idea. If you dislike what I post or talk about then how about not responding? I don't mind a debate. But with you. it's a constant disagreement on your part, every time.
    Calm down girls (yeah I know you're both men)

The vocals would come from a mixture of other Presley lines to mesh together. Listen to the song on the video link and you will see what I mean. They took bits and pieces of Conway recordings throughout his career and created a whole new line.
    I have heard the Twitty song years ago-sounded unnatural to me.
    Elvis sang in a certain way, he sang with no preset certainty to his vocal-now you can string together a line of words from anyones existing vocals and call it singing-but much is lost in the translation and the decision of how Elvis would sing any new song would be by a producer who picks the words from existing vocals........Frankenstein created by man........
    Work in Progress!

Calm down girls (yeah I know you're both men)
    I am totally calm my friend if you hear screaming it is not me.
    Work in Progress!

I am totally calm my friend if you hear screaming it is not me.
    I was just being a lil bit cheeky

The people who bring up the expansion at other sites is not my concern.
    No one else here pushes this topic like you do, I do not agree with your assumptions pure and simple.
    From the bulk of the responces about the "necessity" of creating "state of the art facilities" I would say many agree with my angle-but thats not my concern either my concern is what made Elvis -Elvis...... and what has kept him an icon for all these years........
    You seem to think "technology can bottle his essence like a fragrance and that he was nothing more than a chemical formula to be reproduced in generic form-that is the "essence of our total difference in outlook"
    And no I will not just not respond-that is what a forum like this is for....if I agree great...we'll pat each other on the back....if not thats okay with me also....I would never suggest you not post when you feel strongly about a subject...but you have to remember that to every subject there is always more than one view to be seen...do you dislike seeing the other side of a topic?
    Thats how you learn things or see things you may have missed.
    Last edited by KPM; 06-07-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Work in Progress!

I was just being a lil bit cheeky
    I get it...... so was I
    Work in Progress!

Viva, I hate to say it but that duet sounded weird to me. Maybe if I'd heard it without knowing the deal, it would've passed me by as just another bad record, but there was something a little off with Conways vocals.

On one hand I'm really excited at what could be in store with virtual Elvis, there are several songs that I'd love to see, but then there is a huge part that thinks it could all go a bit pet cemetery (yes I know, not even remotely similar ) but still............

Thanks for the info on Shawn Klush, I'll have to check him out.
    I heard this Twitty reconstruction back when it was done-and my conclusion was the same as yours-something is off, something is lacking.
    How do you decide in constructing a song from snips-where would he raise in pitch, where would he lower in register, where would he explode with force, where would Twitty use his "growl' on and on and on.......
    Structurally it is easy to string together words......singing is more, its emotion and spirituality...no producer can add that.
    Work in Progress!

I heard this Twitty reconstruction back when it was done-and my conclusion was the same as yours-something is off, something is lacking.
    How do you decide in constructing a song from snips-where would he raise in pitch, where would he lower in register, where would he explode with force, where would Twitty use his "growl' on and on and on.......
    Structurally it is easy to string together words......singing is more, its emotion and spirituality...no producer can add that.
    I'm glad it's not just me who thought that was a bit bizarre, am I alone in thinking it wasn't a particularly good song either?? I know exactly what you're saying about singing, it's all about the emotion and Elvis was the best at conveying an array of emotions through a song. This would be nigh on impossible to achieve in my view without him physically being here.

Of course a virtual Elvis can be produced, but I think it would be best to stick to the performances they have. Aloha had been mentioned a while back in a similar themed thread, but TTWII would be great too. So, just to recap, I'm ok at this moment in time about performances, but not new songs

"Calm down girls (yeah I know you're both men)"
    Too funny, and I agree the slap fight needs to stop. I don't think Elvis would appreciate fans being snarky to one another, you can debate and still agree to disagree.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Who says they will do a 70's style Elvis. It might be 50's Elvis or 70's style Elvis dressed more with a suit not a jumpsuit. They might go a totally different route with Elvis. I hope not, I hope they go with like the 68 special black leather or the clean 69 type jumpsuits. I just hope they stay true to who Elvis was and not try to re-write history.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast