Thread: New Elvis Projects Planned

TCB Mafia

New Elvis Projects Planned

Please go to the following URL:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...evamp-20120531

Brian

Re: New Elvis Projects Planned

Go ahead with those new ideas, duets etc, but also give something back to the dedicated fan who has stayed faithful all these years, by giving us some MSG 72 stuff, ON TOUR releases, better ALOHA cd releases, plus many others im sure .........

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    Go ahead with those new ideas, duets etc, but also give something back to the dedicated fan who has stayed faithful all these years, by giving us some MSG 72 stuff, ON TOUR releases, better ALOHA cd releases, plus many others im sure .........
    I couldn't agree more! The problem is they don't the footage so they can't do anything with it. All they have rights to is the 68 Comeback and outtakes and the Aloha material. It sucks that Time-Warner just sits on the unreleased concert footage KNOWING the fans WANT it badly!
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

On Tour is out of EPE's hands..............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Films and recordings are owned by Sony and the studios.
    Sony is working more closely with EPE-but they still decide what is done in the end.
    Work in Progress!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I couldn't agree more! The problem is they don't the footage so they can't do anything with it. All they have rights to is the 68 Comeback and outtakes and the Aloha material. It sucks that Time-Warner just sits on the unreleased concert footage KNOWING the fans WANT it badly!
    My guess is that Time Warner is holding on to the unreleased material as long as they possibly can in order to figure out how to release it and make the most money they can off of it!!

I know it's a business issue and obviously they want to make money off of the material no matter how they release it, but still...they could do it sooner rather than later as a way to thank the fans for their loyalty and dedication over the years!! Obviously the 40th anniversary of ELVIS ON TOUR wasn't motivation enough for Time Warner to do anything with the footage. Maybe their waiting for the 100th anniversary of EOT instead???

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    My guess is that Time Warner is holding on to the unreleased material as long as they possibly can in order to figure out how to release it and make the most money they can off of it!!

I know it's a business issue and obviously they want to make money off of the material no matter how they release it, but still...they could do it sooner rather than later as a way to thank the fans for their loyalty and dedication over the years!! Obviously the 40th anniversary of ELVIS ON TOUR wasn't motivation enough for Time Warner to do anything with the footage. Maybe their waiting for the 100th anniversary of EOT instead???

TCB!
    Mike
    Well I had an idea-they should take advance orders for the outtakes set-telling us how much it will cost, what to expect....how many discs, what the unreleased footage would consist of, rehearsals, dates on the tour, songs etc...and the total running time for the set.
    Then they should specify that a certain number of advance orders had to be met by a certain date-or the project would not procede-once the number is met they then start the project and give us a specified date of shipment.
    That way they are covered for what they feel they need in profit thru advance orders, if the fans order.. the project gets released...and eventually released to the public at large which would be good for EPs image.
    Work in Progress!

Any news from Legacy about what would be the follow up to Elvis Country?

My guess was that the original MSG album was going to be the one, but my guess is that one is going to me skiped and Aloha would be the one next year... who knows.

They must ensure they get as much Legacy material [MSG, EIC etc] released as soon as poss to ensure the original fan base are still around to support and enjoy this stuff, if they hold on much longer there wont be any point releasing it ...............

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    They must ensure they get as much Legacy material [MSG, EIC etc] released as soon as poss to ensure the original fan base are still around to support and enjoy this stuff, if they hold on much longer there wont be any point releasing it ...............
    that's true........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

i believe as E.P. fans we are not only a loyal bunch , but a **** patient one . I can't understand whay the powers that be can't see that releasing some new material might be not only beneficial but wet the apetite for more great ELVIS releases. Ithink we all agree and they must all know that we want more on tour , ttwii, msg material , so why the hold up- it is long ovedue , we are tired of the same ol clips and docs.

Im not buying the official stance that nearly all the official/decent stuff has been released already, how much great, jaw dropping stuff gets released on import or boot label that really could have been done on the official label, come on guys, ITS TIME !

As far as live recordings- soundboards, audience recordings I think there is a lot in the vaults...unfortunately thought I do not believe there is anything new as far as studio recordings, probably still plenty of outtakes and snippets of things but no fresh new songs.
    I like the soundboards but lets be honest they do sometimes just blend together because of the same song sets......occasionally a really great concert with something new vocally by Elvis makes its way out and that is great. Ernst Jorgenson said in an interview that he was so excited to begin his search thru the vaults but eventually even he got a little tired of hearing his umpteenth version of Suspicious Minds....I love the vocal sound of the original SM, and I love the Live at the International version and the TTWII version but after those dates it kind of blends together.IMO
    There "could be" rehearsal recordings and jams that are in private hands and they are holding out for big paydays or they do not want to sell them.
    But unless a new discovery of some lost tapes in RCA vaults is found, (doubtful) I would think 99% that no really new new unheard songs are there.
    Work in Progress!