Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here we go aagain. Womack accuses Elvis of stealing

Re: Here we go aagain. Womack accuses Elvis of stealing

Here's a very insightful write up from 1950's dis jockey Red Robinson on his take on Elvis being considered a racist. One part in particular points right to the point and the fact. How could he be when he did this at that time?

“"Take a look at the things that are only publicized now, of how he’d be driving down the street and see a destitute black woman with a little child. He went and bought her a Cadillac. Now if this guy hated blacks, he wouldn’t even have gone near them."

It also talks about Jimmy Hendrix seeing Elvis live in 1957 in Seattle and how it influenced him.

http://www.elvis-history-blog.com/civil-rights.html
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

The problem is, is that this completely unjustifiable rumour will always be held as gospel by some. However, the truth is out there for everyone to see. It should matter that everyone knows the truth, but even when it's staring someone straight in the eye, they will still believe what they want. When people really open their eyes, they really do see.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    The problem is, is that this completely unjustifiable rumour will always be held as gospel by some. However, the truth is out there for everyone to see. It should matter that everyone knows the truth, but even when it's staring someone straight in the eye, they will still believe what they want. When people really open their eyes, they really do see.
    I have spoke and debated many young African Americans people on this issue-and 95% of those I have spoke of or debated just will not see the truth.
    Every quote by people like Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Eddie Murphy, Little Richard, BB King etc....are called made up or lies.
    Post a link to a clip of these great people actually saying them and the reply is-
    "SO what do they know!" or
    " they were probably paid to say this s***" (that is an actual quote from a kid at Topix)
    They just can not fathom that they might be wrong no matter the evidence to show they are.
    Work in Progress!

Wouldn't it be great if we could someday, somehow get beyond all discrimination and reverse discrimination that keeps prejuduces living and breathing in the world?
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I have spoke and debated many young African Americans people on this issue-and 95% of those I have spoke of or debated just will not see the truth.
    Every quote by people like Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Eddie Murphy, Little Richard, BB King etc....are called made up or lies.
    Post a link to a clip of these great people actually saying them and the reply is-
    " they were probably paid to say this s***" (that is an actual quote from a kid at Topix)
    They just can not fathom that they might be wrong no matter the evidence to show they are.
    Therein lies the problem, deep rooted beliefs are the hardest to shake off. You can only try and open peoples minds, the rest is up to them. We cannot force an opinion, so if people wish to remain ignorant to facts, so be it. Some people are just so stupid.........

Wouldn't it be great if we could someday, somehow get beyond all discrimination and reverse discrimination that keeps prejuduces living and breathing in the world?
    That's crazy talk Ken

If I can dream of a better land, where all my brothers walk hand in hand.......

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    That's crazy talk Ken

If I can dream of a better land, where all my brothers walk hand in hand.......
    Maybe it is-one of Elvis's nicknames was "CRAZY" so maybe it is crazy talk
    Work in Progress!

... reverse discrimination that keeps prejuduces living and breathing in the world?
    That's the name of this matter Ken. Its basically reverse racism.

You're doing good work, but instead of posting clips about what other people have said about Elvis, just post a clip which shows Elvis on stage with the Sweets. Any clip will do, and it will be the simplest but strongest counter to their erroneous beliefs!

Anecdotes from third parties or tributes from other stars are fine, but people who choose to believe Elvis was in some way rascist will always find ways to discount them.

How will they react when they see with their own eyes a "rascist" who has hand-picked a black backing group to share the stage with him!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

This article was online today and if you read the comments below, ELVIS STOLE MUSIC. It will never end, people are jealous of him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1090134
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    This article was online today and if you read the comments below, ELVIS STOLE MUSIC. It will never end, people are jealous of him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1090134
    Of course people are jealous of him, it's Elvis. They all know the truth, but the truth hurts

Quote Originally Posted by JRtherealJR View Post
    You're doing good work, but instead of posting clips about what other people have said about Elvis, just post a clip which shows Elvis on stage with the Sweets. Any clip will do, and it will be the simplest but strongest counter to their erroneous beliefs!

Anecdotes from third parties or tributes from other stars are fine, but people who choose to believe Elvis was in some way rascist will always find ways to discount them.

How will they react when they see with their own eyes a "rascist" who has hand-picked a black backing group to share the stage with him!
    I actually did do that-and it was no different response...some people just will not believe that Elvis was not racist.
    I have been cussed on line for telling the truth about this topic.
    Work in Progress!

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Racism works both ways, just because you are black doesn't mean you have the right to call someone a racist based on hearsay and half truths perpetuated from a lie. You either like Elvis or you don't! Colour shouldn't even come into the equation. If you like Elvis you will investigate the truth to clear his name. If you DON'T like Elvis you will NOT look to clear his name and you will perpetuate the myth.

There are so many instances to show Elvis was colour neutral that it just doesn't have any credence in calling him racist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123