Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engleberg Humperdink TCB

Engleberg Humperdink TCB

In yesterdays Star newspaper in the UK, Engleberg Humperdink is wearing a TCB necklace whilst standing with the Irish contestants for the Eurovision song contest.

In the actual article the Irish contestants mention that Elvis has cool hair, but that is pretty much the only reference to the King excluding the TCB necklace.

Re: Engleberg Humperdink TCB

he says it's his 'good luck charm'.......we'll see if he wins then eh?..........lol
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    he says it's his 'good luck charm'.......we'll see if he wins then eh?..........lol
    The Eurovision is all about politics, but it would be pretty sweet if Englebert did win
    Not Jedward tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    The Eurovision is all about politics, but it would be pretty sweet if Englebert did win
    Not Jedward tho!
    agree TOTALLY...........

Jedwood?......
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    agree TOTALLY...........

Jedwood?......
    Especially when all they can say is "Elvis has cool hair", blimey!

TCB Mafia

Sweden won the Eurovision Song Contest. Engelbert (UK) came second from last. Norway was last.

Brian

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Can someone from the UK tell me what kind of competition this is? I don't understand is it like "Idol" shows where they compete. Why would Humperdink compete in a “idol” type of competition?
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

no it's not like idol. "The Eurovision Song Contest (French: Concours Eurovision de la Chanson)[1] is an annual competition held among active member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. The contest has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956 and is one of the longest-running television programmes in the world. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world,[2] with audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally.[3][4] Eurovision has also been broadcast outside Europe to such places as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela despite the fact that that they do not compete."

Lots of famous people have sung at Eurovison, Cliff Richard, Celine Dion and Abba.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

I guess the voting aspect does make it a little like Idol but i think the comp is completed in a day.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

He never stood a chance, i quite liked the waltz tempo but he went first, was up against the dancing grannies, and the Swedish winner who reminded me of a manic Kate Bush, oh, and the biased voting of course .............

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    He never stood a chance, i quite liked the waltz tempo but he went first, was up against the dancing grannies, and the Swedish winner who reminded me of a manic Kate Bush, oh, and the biased voting of course .............

thats why the UK shouldn't be in it any more.........

Cadillac King

think the UK have to be in it because as part of the European union the UK puts money into it so are automatically part of the contest

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    no it's not like idol. "The Eurovision Song Contest (French: Concours Eurovision de la Chanson)[1] is an annual competition held among active member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. The contest has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956 and is one of the longest-running television programmes in the world. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world,[2] with audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally.[3][4] Eurovision has also been broadcast outside Europe to such places as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela despite the fact that that they do not compete."

Lots of famous people have sung at Eurovison, Cliff Richard, Celine Dion and Abba.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest
    Ok thank you Hounddog, I guess this is a big show for Europe. I have never heard of this show. I might try to look it up on Youtube and see some of the shows.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

The whole thing is embarrassing. You should think that it`s about finding great European songs, but if the songs(most of them)in this contest is the best Europe can come up with, then the standard makes me ashamed to be European. Humperdink was ok and a very few others as well......The Hungarian, the German and the Danish songs were my favorites.
    A lot of fine singers, but not too many good songs.
    Last edited by elvisia; 05-27-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    "Elvis music is how feelings sounds like"

QUOTE=King Of The Whole World;408937]Ok thank you Hounddog, I guess this is a big show for Europe. I have never heard of this show. I might try to look it up on Youtube and see some of the shows.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother, it's not very good.

The songfestival is all friendspolitics, everytime again the top 10 is turkey,Sweden and etc. The netherlands havent made it to the finals in 8 years and we had some good songs! during rehearsals for this year it was sayd englebert couldnt hit the last note, and he put all critics away during the finals, Yet he only got 12 point from 42 countries which is nuts, He had a good song and a meaninful one, To me he deserved to win!

George Dorsey (Enges real name) has never been a favorite of mine.
    Work in Progress!

Also sung under "Gerry" Dorsey for a while too ..............

Also sung under "Gerry" Dorsey for a while too ..............
    Yes very true, his manager at the time decided Engelbert Humperdink had more umph to it....its actually the name of a known composer from the the 1800s I think.
    Work in Progress!

Release me was sung better by Elvis (imo)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast