Thread: Jordan Sparks performed You'll Never Walk Alone on American Idol tonight!

Jordan Sparks performed You'll Never Walk Alone on American Idol tonight!

It was on the finale. She did a fantastic job but it was not to Elvis' remarkable and untouchable vocal performance. It's amazing how far ahead of even today's talent that Elvis still is vocally and as a performer.

I sure do wish that Ernst would find the soundboard of the Uniondale show in July 1975 where Elvis did the only live version of this great song.

Speaking of Elvis and IDOL, there have been at least 15 or 20 different songs performed this year by the contestants of which Elvis once either recorded or performed live. Everything from Neil Diamond to The Righteous Brothers.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Re: Jordan Sparks performed You'll Never Walk Alone on American Idol tonight!

I wish I would have watched the show. I will have to find it on the web.

Here is the only time I know that Elvis did You'll Never Walk Alone in concert. This might be what you are talking about. I love this version too. This is not the actual footage however they just added the song.

Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I wish I would have watched the show. I will have to find it on the web.

Here is the only time I know that Elvis did You'll Never Walk Alone in concert. This might be what you are talking about. I love this version too. This is not the actual footage however they just added the song.

Yes, that is it! However, that footage is NOT from the actual performance. Elvis wore the dark blue gypsy suit with the powder blue sleeves for that show. The footage in that clip is from 1976.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

it reiterates again.........he's The King.......always will be

He's still relevant to todays artists
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Nice voices and performanse. But I listen to this song only performed by Elvis! He put so many emotions and soul in his songs...