Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTD SUN Project-A Boy From Tupelo: The Complete 1953-55 Recordings : Book & 3 CD's

FTD SUN Project-A Boy From Tupelo: The Complete 1953-55 Recordings : Book & 3 CD's

The long awaited FTD SUN Project has been announced for release on August 16. 'A Boy From Tupelo : The Complete 1953-55 Recordings' includes for the first time in one collection every known Elvis Presley SUN master and outtake, plus two private records Elvis paid for with his own money, as well as thrilling radio and concert performances from the period. This 3 CD package features 10 previously-unreleased cuts.

The accompanying book [512 pages in 12' by 12' format] is, in essence, a fully-illustrated travelogue with 500 photos of which about 200 previously unpublished. It thoughtfully details the birth of Elvis' career through facts, anecdotes, documentation, many rare photos, and a succinct narrative. Independence Day 1954 is when this uniquely American saga begins, less than 24 hours before his first professional recording session, and it ends in December 1955, when the rights to Elvis' SUN tapes officially expire, and the singer leaves Sam Phillips to record for RCA. This is Elvis Presley before he becomes world-famous, and the mystery of how this amazing young man readies himself for stardom, achieving success on a level that no one could have dreamed possible.

All audio has been re-mastered and restored as best we could, but Disc 3 has pretty rough audio. The book is 512 pages in 12' by 12' format and includes more than 500 photos of which about 200 are previously unpublished. If you are not an expert in this period of Elvis’ career, a lot more photos will be new to you. Many familiar photos will be seen in best ever quality, but since this is a historical document, there will also be many images of less quality, included for their rarity value and support of the story. The book also includes, for the first time, Steve Sholes’ original notes on the Sun tapes. The project will come in a slip case (like 'Young Man With The Big Beat') that holds both the book and the CD holder (a double album type package).

A Boy From Tupelo : The Complete 1953-55 Recordings.

Source: Elvis Australia

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Roustabouts

Re: FTD SUN Project-A Boy From Tupelo: The Complete 1953-55 Recordings : Book & 3 CD'

Anyone know what the unreleased cuts may be?

Re: FTD SUN Project-A Boy From Tupelo: The Complete 1953-55 Recordings : Book & 3 CD'

Quote Originally Posted by Teddaking View Post
    Anyone know what the unreleased cuts may be?
    Don't know yet, thank you very much for asking.

One of them is a new song by elvis little mama from the meridian concert and a version of hearts of stone from a other concert then the one we know. thats about all i know so far

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

No track listing has been released yet...according to the websites, the tracklisting is being finalized.

The 10 previously unreleased cuts are most definitely of interest...I know Ernst has said in previous interviews that songs like "Rock Around The Clock", "Uncle Penn" or "Tennessee Saturday Night" are not going to be included as they don't have them. However, he mentioned that a year or two ago so perhaps something has changed on that front since then???

It will DEFINITELY be interesting...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

This is the most for me, I've been waiting so long for this one, I know I'm going to love it!!

My only regret is that I would have loved to see this one on the mainstream legacy label as a follow up to Young Man With The Big Beat.

Anyhow, this is great great news.

really looking forward to this i want to buy a resve copy , but it seems 3 sites i know of have no price affixed yet , i can't wait for this , i sure it lives up to the hoopla surrounding it. Anyone know if it will be a hardback/softback , i sure hope it is a hardback.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    This is the most for me, I've been waiting so long for this one, I know I'm going to love it!!

My only regret is that I would have loved to see this one on the mainstream legacy label as a follow up to Young Man With The Big Beat.

Anyhow, this is great great news.
    That would have been a VERY COOL follow-up the YOUNG MAN set indeed my friend!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by lvelvis View Post
    really looking forward to this i want to buy a resve copy , but it seems 3 sites i know of have no price affixed yet , i can't wait for this , i sure it lives up to the hoopla surrounding it. Anyone know if it will be a hardback/softback , i sure hope it is a hardback.
    The Elvis Australia website has the book available for pre-order here: http://shop.elvis.com.au/category12_1.htm

The Elvis Shop in London has the book available for pre-order here: https://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/i...oduct_id=25724

So there are a couple of pre-order options for you my friend!

TCB!
    Mike

I have heard from a very reliable source that one of the previously unreleased tracks will be an ACOUSTIC version of GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT. Supposedly, my source heard this track with their own ears...

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    The Elvis Australia website has the book available for pre-order here: http://shop.elvis.com.au/category12_1.htm

The Elvis Shop in London has the book available for pre-order here: https://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/i...oduct_id=25724

So there are a couple of pre-order options for you my friend!

TCB!
    Mike
    many thanks , i just preorder with the man and music, again i thank you for your help.

does anyone know if it will be a hardback ? It sure seems that we will be having a glorious summer with so many great book releases . This book is said to contain over 200 unpublished photos - that sure makes your mind go bonkers . I and of course many of you really do love being in THE ELVIS WORLD and would not have it any other way.

many thanks , i just preorder with the man and music, again i thank you for your help.
    No problem my friend...just glad you got your copy pre-ordered!! This is one any Elvis fan can't miss!!

TCB!
    Mike

I have heard from a very reliable source that one of the previously unreleased tracks will be an ACOUSTIC version of GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT. Supposedly, my source heard this track with their own ears...

TCB!
    Mike
    Hmmm... never ever hear of that one before and I'm a sun records geek, but it is so cool if true!!! Do you know if its like in the Studio track? or more like a home recording around '55...

I'm sure many of the unreleased songs would be from the Louisiana Hayride, and I'm afraid some of them actually will be nothing new for the ones of us into bootlegs/imports. I mean, new found Sun Records era tracks is like rock's holly grail, and should be a safe bet to release it on the mainstream label as its not like a new alternate take found on Harum Scarum right? so... (Or maybe YOung Man With The Big Beat despite great reviews and the Grammy nomination didn't sold that well?)

Yet we never know, some new alternate takes and new discovered live gems might be on it!!! but then why on FTD and not on lLegacy as that would be big news!!!
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 05-20-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Hmmm... never ever hear of that one before and I'm a sun records geek, but it is so cool if true!!! Do you know if its like in the Studio track? or more like a home recording around '55...

I'm sure many of the unreleased songs would be from the Louisiana Hayride, and I'm afraid some of them actually will be nothing new for the ones of us into bootlegs/imports. I mean, new found Sun Records era tracks is like rock's holly grail, and should be a safe bet to release it on the mainstream label as its not like a new alternate take found on Harum Scarum right? so... (Or maybe YOung Man With The Big Beat despite great reviews and the Grammy nomination didn't sold that well?)

Yet we never know, some new alternate takes and new discovered live gems might be on it!!! but then why on FTD and not on lLegacy as that would be big news!!!
    That I do not know my friend...I've only heard that there is an unreleased acoustic performance of GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT, but I have no other details. And as I said, although it's from a reliable source, it is still technically only a rumor...so we'll see if it pans out...

It's a tough call on whether unreleased Sun material would be big news to the regular music buying public. For us Elvis fans, of course it is, and as you said, unreleased Sun material is like the Holy Grail of rock n' roll for sure...but again, that's for us Elvis fans. I don't necessarily know if releasing a package with unreleased Sun stuff on it would sell well on the regular mainstream label, aside from the usual fans who would of course buy it. Perhaps that is why this Sun project is being released on the FTD label as opposed to the mainstream RCA/Sony label...simply not enough interest to the casual music buyer? (That coupled with the price of course)

I'm not sure how the YOUNG MAN set sold...that would be a question for our resident sales expert Brian Quinn (Brian...where are you? ). I know the set was critically acclaimed and Grammy nominated, but that doesn't always translate into sales...

TCB!
    Mike

i must admit that i'm not buying the book for the cd , to me the cd's are a bonus . I am however buying the book for the unpublished photos , and a great read , as i'm sure ERNST can only write from a fans perspective. I agree that this is a must have and a book that every fan should have , not much has bin written and investigated as much as this book , i like many of you can't wait.

i must admit that i'm not buying the book for the cd , to me the cd's are a bonus . I am however buying the book for the unpublished photos , and a great read , as i'm sure ERNST can only write from a fans perspective. I agree that this is a must have and a book that every fan should have , not much has bin written and investigated as much as this book , i like many of you can't wait.
    agree there, its the book I'm more interested in
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Found this information on Elvis Information Network today: http://elvisinfonet.com/A-Boy-From-Tupelo.html

According to this, LITTLE MAMA is unofficially being reported as having been prepared for the new set...potentially GREAT news for Elvis fans indeed!!

TCB!
    Mike

Found this information on Elvis Information Network today: http://elvisinfonet.com/A-Boy-From-Tupelo.html

According to this, LITTLE MAMA is unofficially being reported as having been prepared for the new set...potentially GREAT news for Elvis fans indeed!!

TCB!
    Mike
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike...........

That I do not know my friend...I've only heard that there is an unreleased acoustic performance of GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT, but I have no other details. And as I said, although it's from a reliable source, it is still technically only a rumor...so we'll see if it pans out...

I'm not sure how the YOUNG MAN set sold...that would be a question for our resident sales expert Brian Quinn (Brian...where are you? ). I know the set was critically acclaimed and Grammy nominated, but that doesn't always translate into sales...

TCB!
    Mike
    Well as an FTD release sounds good to me, and if the Good Rockin' Tonight its true, well that would be cool!

Guess maybe Young Man With The BIg Beat wasn't that much of a big seller despite the great reviews as this was the perfect follow up not happening. Another reason might be that a proyect like this will definetively is going to boost up FTD numbers as lots of fans not usually interested on FTD proyects might now totally going for this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast