Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Your Declaration - "I Am An Elvis Fan"

Make Your Declaration - "I Am An Elvis Fan"

Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., along with partners Sony Music/Legacy Recordings, Fan Mosaics and ShopElvis.com, have announced a 35th anniversary promotion that gives you, the Elvis fans around the world, an opportunity to declare your “fanship” in three different ways, all origi...

More...

Re: Make Your Declaration - "I Am An Elvis Fan"

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis.com View Post
    Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc., along with partners Sony Music/Legacy Recordings, Fan Mosaics and ShopElvis.com, have announced a 35th anniversary promotion that gives you, the Elvis fans around the world, an opportunity to declare your “fanship” in three different ways, all origi...

More...
    This is by far the lamest album project to date. A title like I AM AN ELVIS FAN is a joke and sounds like something RCA would have done in the 80's with Elvis Sings To Children. It also sounds like something that EPE would be involved with too. If this is the big planned release for the 35th then we can forget about anything POSITIVE or NEW to ever come out in our lifetime again. I guess those On Tour tapes will eventually just rot away in the vaults since they have no desire whatsoever to ever release them. The crowd that those shows would appeal to is dying off.

Great job Sony.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

they could have let us decide out own songs, not ones chosen for us
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    they could have let us decide out own songs, not ones chosen for us
    I bet Ernst had a lot to do with that.

"Hey Ernst, which songs do you think are the best among the fans?"

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I guess I just don't get it. This could just be a small step they are making this year not the biggest project, at least I hope not. I would have made a little bit more hip looking shirts it doesn't seem like a whole lot shaking, I mean thought went into that.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Even if we can´t decide from all songs, I wanna be a part of it.

Like the idea of the fans choosing the tracks which could make a very interesting album if they dont go for the obvious hits .This was done before in the 70s with the Elvis In Demand album and it sold very well but the title of the album is terrible . God come up with something better like Elvis In Demand . Maybe something like The Music Never Dies or The Magic Never Dies or anything except that title .

I want to add something on this subject. I used to work for a cd distribution company and I can assure you that it would be difficult for Sony to put together such a disc and release it in a 1 month time frame. We would receive truckloads of cds on wooden pallets with about 1-2,000 discs per pallet wrapped in bubble wrap. Then we would wait until we received the cover and booklets for the disc. Then we would take the discs and put the packages together and seal them up and send them out to the retailers. It took at least 2 weeks for this to all get done. No way can Sony get this together in that short amount of time. In other words, what I am getting at is this is a fixed promo to get fans to go out and buy yet another worthless release. Sony is hustling the fans and fooling them at the same time. I would bet that the list of songs set to be on the disc are already completed and printed ready to be shipped to warehouses for packing. And they make the fans believe otherwise that their votes for their favorite songs will be on it.

You might be right. They are creating the cover in that amount of time, I did load my picture for them to add. So they say they will show you later where your picture ended up on the artwork.

RIP Tommy

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

I bet there will be so many pictures you won´t even recognize your own one. It will probably be so tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    I bet there will be so many pictures you won´t even recognize your own one. It will probably be so tiny.
    They say it depends on how many photo's they get and what the size of the pictures will be. Plus once they put it together they are going to show where your picture is and zoomed in. But I'm sure it will be real small.

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    Yep they will came out as itty witty bitty tiny winny picture, it looks to me...the pictures will be endup as Elvis face.. i did join yesterday, although to own your very own T Shirt of this ; it costs 19.99 plus shipping and handling ..

I can see them getting the pictures of fans to put on the album and claim your vote counted. That's easy for them opposed to have to come up with a setlist through total votes to decide which songs would be selected. That's already been decided and by Ernst. It's a lot like these reality music shows where viewers are told to vote to keep their favorites, but the public really has no say whatsoever. A record company will never put their fate in the hands of the public's biased views.

best concept ablum in my view was the 1977 ELVIS IN DEMAND, Songs chosen by
    O.E.P.F.C. Still 1 of my favourite albums.
    I Dont this 1 will be as good, I wanted to see if 'The Sound Of Your Cry' was
    in the list, It wasn't So No interest from me right there.

I guess we will see if it comes out as the 30 #1's CD. I hope not but then again it will be hard to tell if everyone voted for the obvious songs. What did you guys vote for? It was really difficult for me, it depends on my mood and at the time. My top 10 is always changing except for 1 or 2 songs.

RIP Tommy

I didn't waste my time giving into this mind controlling scheme by EPE and Sony to even vote. It's already fixed to begin with

Also, If I Can Dream is NOT a gospel song. It is political message song that was meant for a certain time.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I didn't waste my time giving into this mind controlling scheme by EPE and Sony to even vote. It's already fixed to begin with

Also, If I Can Dream is NOT a gospel song. It is political message song that was meant for a certain time.
    They might be trying to find out how many Elvis fans are even into seeing a new CD come out. It could be a way they want to see what songs would be really chosen for another album down the road. If there are only 1,000 people sending in their votes, they might be thinking Elvis is dying out and that nobody even cares anymore. EPE and Sony might think they need to really change their strategy.

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    They might be trying to find out how many Elvis fans are even into seeing a new CD come out. It could be a way they want to see what songs would be really chosen for another album down the road. If there are only 1,000 people sending in their votes, they might be thinking Elvis is dying out and that nobody even cares anymore. EPE and Sony might think they need to really change their strategy.
    Very good point, but they should know by the money they make from ticket sales that Elvis is far from dying out. EPE is the stepchild of the Colonel. Money hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Very good point, but they should know by the money they make from ticket sales that Elvis is far from dying out. EPE is the stepchild of the Colonel. Money hungry.
    I always have good points. But there's probably a difference in the Elvis fans that buy all the concert tickets and knickknacks versus the fans who will buy CD's by Elvis. You could have someone who is not a big Elvis fan buy a CD but won’t buy the knickknacks. That’s what I think really happened with the 30 #1’s CD. I think people that are not big Elvis fans bought that plus the addition of the BIG Elvis fans created a number 1.

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I guess we will see if it comes out as the 30 #1's CD. I hope not but then again it will be hard to tell if everyone voted for the obvious songs. What did you guys vote for? It was really difficult for me, it depends on my mood and at the time. My top 10 is always changing except for 1 or 2 songs.
    I vote the regular 'Always On My Mind' ' Swing Down The Chariot " or may be Suspicion and Suspicious Minds.... it was difficult to choose, and I think I had better choice in my head , oh well.. I think it would come out as the 30 # 1's CD ... but we will see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast