Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis 1972 silver eagle bracelet??? where is it??

Elvis 1972 silver eagle bracelet??? where is it??

hi, i'm an elvis fan from canada, i'm currently tracking a certain bracelet that elvis wore during 1972 specially during Elvis on tour in April 1972. the last picture of that bracelet i seen was when elvis arrived in hawaii in 1973, after that, the bracelet seemed to have disappeared, i wonder if some peoples around here know something about that bracelet like what happened with it, the bracelet is a silver large metallic bracelet with an eagle on it and on the center of the eagle, where the small triangle is, there is a turquoise stone.

Here's a very clear picture of Elvis wearing the bracelet.

Some other pictures where he was wearing the bracelet.

for sure, it's not in the EPE Archives because i asked them by email and they are not able to tell me anything about the bracelet, it seems to have disappeared without any explanation. After the arrival in hawaii, i haven't seen any other pictures of elvis wearing that bracelet and i think it was one of his favorite bracelet during it's april 72 tour, he wore it almost all the time on stage and off stage.

if anyone could give me more informations about that bracelet feel free to post it here.

if you got some good pictures of that bracelet you can also post it here and i think we should have a section on the forum about elvis jewelry that he wore on stage and off stage and the ones he gave to peoples could be great.

Re: Elvis 1972 silver eagle bracelet??? where is it??

Would EPE release information on jewels / jewellery they have? I can't answer that, what did their email say to you specifically? There is also the possibility that it may be in the hands of a private collector or that it was gifted to someone.

Cadillac King

Dont know why but I always thought it was a watch?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJackson View Post
    Me too, especially as I first noticed it in the always on my mind video

That's the one he talked about in the back of the car in the On Tour footage?.......complaining of it rubbing?
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Would EPE release information on jewels / jewellery they have? I can't answer that, what did their email say to you specifically? There is also the possibility that it may be in the hands of a private collector or that it was gifted to someone.
    i asked EPE if they had any lists or databases on elvis jewelery that he might have worn on and off stage and they answered they had no such database or list, i also asked them if they had any informations of what might have happened to that bracelet, if it was given or if they had it in their archives and they answered they had no informations on that and that the bracelet did not figure in the archives database, here's a copy of the email i sent them.

hi, i have some questions regarding the jewels that Elvis wore during his life in the 70's because i think it's one of the area of elvis that haven't been covered a lot.

I would like to know if there is a book, a database or a complete list that exist about all the rings, bracelets and necklaces that elvis wore during the 70's both on stage and off stage and if such a list exist, will it be possible to have a copy of that list along with the pictures of those jewels?

I would also like to have more informations concerning a certain bracelet that elvis wore a lot during his tours in 1972 specially during elvis on tour in april 1972, you can see attached here a picture of that bracelet. While searching over the internet about that bracelet, i haven't been able to find any story or pictures of that bracelet and it seems that it has disappeared of the screen after the aloha from hawaii special, the last picture i saw of this bracelet was when elvis arrived in hawaii, i would like to know what happened with that bracelet? do you have it somewhere and is it possible to obtain a picture of only the bracelet.

if you need any more informations or any more pictures of the bracelet just let me know.

thank you very much for your time, any answer will be greatly appreciated.
    and here's the answer i got :

I’m sorry but we don’t have any further information. This bracelet is not a part of the Archives collection. No there is no list or database of
    the jewelry that Elvis owned.
    i thought that too until i see it clearly on the first picture i posted.

That's the one he talked about in the back of the car in the On Tour footage?.......complaining of it rubbing?
    yes that's the one i'm talking about.

what is very strange about that bracelet is that it disappeared without any story related to being given to someone or being lost and the last time he wore it was when he arrived in hawaii in 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    Yep, that's the one. He complained about it tearing his wrist.

@Elvis on Stage

EPE short but sweet! Well what can you say to that? Again, would they really release that information anyway? Next port of call LMP. If he also got to the point of boredom with the bracelet, it's probably gone. However, with everything else that was archived and listed from Graceland, there would be a database listing exactly what jewels remained there. My spider-senses tell me you'll have a job locating it after all this time. Have you tried contacting the various Elvis auction houses?

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    @Elvis on Stage

EPE short but sweet! Well what can you say to that? Again, would they really release that information anyway? Next port of call LMP. If he also got to the point of boredom with the bracelet, it's probably gone. However, with everything else that was archived and listed from Graceland, there would be a database listing exactly what jewels remained there. My spider-senses tell me you'll have a job locating it after all this time. Have you tried contacting the various Elvis auction houses?
    I would try to contact Jimmy Velvet, he might know. My guess is since it was tearing his wrist up he probably gave it away to a fan or even to one of the guys. They use to get some of his jewelry and clothes when he was tired of it.

I saw a show the other day called Auction House and they had a guy bring in a Elvis bracelet that Lamar Fike was given by Elvis. It sold for $10,000. Lamar said in his note for authenticity that he never wore it once Elvis gave it to him. I don't know if the guy that got the bracelet from Lamar ever wore it or not.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

I will try and get a hold of our very informative member Leroy, he might be able to shed some light as to where the bracelet might be. He has not been here for quite some time.
    Last edited by Tommy; 05-11-2012 at 10:40 AM.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I notified Leroy, I hope he response, don't know yet.
    Last edited by Tommy; 05-12-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Backstage Pass

Elvis had two versions of this Bracelet. One with an Eagle on a gold/yellowplated plaque and a version with an eagle with a blue plated plaque. If I'm not mistaken, the blue version is the one that Elvis wore while he sang Always on my Mind. And back in the car in Elvis on tour is also the blue plated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I notified Leroy, I hope he response, don't know yet.
    Yep, Leroy seems like the right man for that. Haven't seen him around in a while.

In the meantime, here's a question of mine, in this other pic of Elvis, Is he wearing that same bracelet? or it is another similiar style one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25 Elvis Gold Record for MSG Album.jpg  
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 05-13-2012 at 12:59 PM.

can't really see the braclet clear enough i think the footage of this meetng in on the DVD Through My Eyes (on tour otuakes)
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

i don't think it's the sam one this pic is cleraer and you can see that it looks more like a stone
    http://www.elvis-collectors.com/cand...l/72album.html
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

This one.

Sure wish we knew about the Eagle Bracelet, I am sorry I didn't hear from Leroy.

the bracelet on the new pictures that got posted seems to be a watch different from the eagle bracelet we see at the top, the reason i know that is that if you check the shape of the two bracelet, the eagle one i posted the picture at the top is rectangle and the other bracelet is in oval shape, the other thing i noticed is that if you look at the attach of both bracelet , it is different ( around his wrist). it might not be a watch, it might also be that bracelet :

in fact i also think that leroy could be the one that have the answer to my question about the silver eagle bracelet.

Have you tried contacting the various Elvis auction houses?
    no i haven't if you have some idea where to go to contact them tell me

Jimmy Velvet
    if you have any contact information that would be great too hehe.

so far, i'm still looking for answer about what could have happened with that bracelet...

Thanks for the info guys! yes I think you all are right and the one from the gold record pic Aug '72 is the turquoise one and no the eagle one, or maybe a third one? I guess he got made a few on the same style. Pretty cool stuff huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

This one.

Sure wish we knew about the Eagle Bracelet, I am sorry I didn't hear from Leroy.

Boy.....he looked good enough to eat in this pic.............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

One of the few times Elvis is in short sleeves and blue jean like pants. I’m surprised because he hated both.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast