Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Elvis purchases so far this week

My Elvis purchases so far this week

The title says it all really, but so far this week I've bought......

Such a night in Pearl Harbour, in a gorgeous black display box, I haven't opened it yet (from HMV)
    Burning Love, I've already christened and playing in the car (from HMV)
    Complete on Tour Sessions (eBay) hopefully will get this tomorrow
    Elvis what happened? (eBay) arrived this morning and currently reading, not too shabby considering it's age.

I'm watching a few items on EBay, so fingers crossed I get lucky. Has anyone else bought anything or has their eyes on certain stuff

Re: My Elvis purchases so far this week

I've bought about 100 or so books form ebay in the last 3 years. Most of my Tunzi books are ebay purchases
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I just bought the CD I am an Elvis fan or whatever it is. I did the picture that is to be placed on the album cover too. I purchased Lisa's new CD, the one that is "suppose" to be autographed. The reason I say that is I have seen many shows that talk about assistants are the one's that sign things sometimes.

I bought the 1960 Hawaii benefit show, getting that in a few days.

I guess I'm the sucker Elvis fan sometimes. I just hope the new CD is not basically the 30 #1 hits.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I just bought the CD I am an Elvis fan or whatever it is. I did the picture that is to be placed on the album cover too. I purchased Lisa's new CD, the one that is "suppose" to be autographed. The reason I say that is I have seen many shows that talk about assistants are the one's that sign things sometimes.

I guess I'm the sucker Elvis fan sometimes. I just hope the new CD is not basically the 30 #1 hits.
    You and me both

I just bought Elvis Live in Las Vegas (the 4cd boxset) which was a steal, I honestly could buy stuff all day long, I haven't heard any LMP stuff but that's because I don't really care for girlie rock and that's not an insult to her or her fans, just my preferance. Congrats on the album cover too, you must be thrilled.

Hounddog what's your favourite book? I've seen some on the aussie Elvis site that I like the look of, some of them are very expensive

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    You and me both

I just bought Elvis Live in Las Vegas (the 4cd boxset) which was a steal, I honestly could buy stuff all day long, I haven't heard any LMP stuff but that's because I don't really care for girlie rock and that's not an insult to her or her fans, just my preferance. Congrats on the album cover too, you must be thrilled.

Hounddog what's your favourite book? I've seen some on the aussie Elvis site that I like the look of, some of them are very expensive
    You will love it, it is a great set. One of my favorites.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

my fav book is Thank You Very Much by Paul Lichter. I rarely buy off the Elvis Australia site i usually by off ebay or direct from the author like i did with Live at Del Webbs Saraha and one of Kieran Davis' book.

I have also bought a few Elvis books from the book depository. I got Elvis Linda and Me off them this week for $34 Aussie dollars with free postage. I also bought Growing Up with the Memphis Flash and Elvis Studio B Blues off Ebay last week.

Well Hounddog, maybe we will go head to head on eBay soon

Got my Las Vegas box set today, loving it, still waiting for the on tour sessions and have finished Elvis What Happened.

Today I bought:
    Viva Elvis CD
    G.I. Blues CD
    Elvis Aloha from Hawaii Deluxe Edition DVD set

This week I uploaded by photo to the 35th anniversary fan mosaic, then I ordered a copy for myself. I hope it turns out great.

Some great purchases there guys, I finally got my Complete on Tour sessions CDs and they were worth the wait, I am waiting / bidding on some other items, Elvis is costing me a fortune

I just bought the CD I am an Elvis fan or whatever it is... I just hope the new CD is not basically the 30 #1 hits.
    Well its ridiculous, but if you check the stats of what the fans suposedly are choosing, it will most likely be another 30 #1 hits mix with second to none.

Wonder if the "fans" turned out to be that obvious, or as Viva Elvis said in another thread, tracks have already been choosen and its all a hoax. Its such a short time to put it together and the song selections to choose from its already manipulative. This could have been great if more songs to choose from where available with a longer time to get it together.

The idea to me its fantastic, BUT, it is not being realized in the right way from my point of view, and it will end up as just another greatests hits with the usual selection of tracks.

Back on topic.

I ordered Greil Marcus: Dead Elvis. Haven't got it yet.

Still saving for the recent FTD releases.

@Raised on Rock

I wasn't aware of that book, but one search later!! Should be an interesting read, let me know if it's one you'd recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    @Raised on Rock

I wasn't aware of that book, but one search later!! Should be an interesting read, let me know if it's one you'd recommend
    Well Marcus wrote a classic essay on Elvis in his 1975 book Mystery Train, kind of: before Guralnick thera was Marcus... I'll let you know when I got it and then finished, but I can tell you, I'm sure is going to be a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Well its ridiculous, but if you check the stats of what the fans suposedly are choosing, it will most likely be another 30 #1 hits mix with second to none.

Wonder if the "fans" turned out to be that obvious, or as Viva Elvis said in another thread, tracks have already been choosen and its all a hoax. Its such a short time to put it together and the song selections to choose from its already manipulative. This could have been great if more songs to choose from where available with a longer time to get it together.

The idea to me its fantastic, BUT, it is not being realized in the right way from my point of view, and it will end up as just another greatests hits with the usual selection of tracks.

Back on topic.

I ordered Greil Marcus: Dead Elvis. Haven't got it yet.

Still saving for the recent FTD releases.

I got this after an article Brian Quinn posted on here. My Mum has read it before me, she said it was interesting
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

My latest purchase, although expensive is worth it, if you can afford these beautiful series of books, very impressive.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

i'd love those books especially the ones from 68 on but at somewhere between a $150 and $200 aussie dollars i can't see myself getting them

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    i'd love those books especially the ones from 68 on but at somewhere between a $150 and $200 aussie dollars i can't see myself getting them
    Yes, very for me more! lol

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

I would love love love that particular book Tommy, so jealous right now!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    My latest purchase, although expensive is worth it, if you can afford these beautiful series of books, very impressive.

And you didn't get me one my friend??

Actually, those are quite expensive books but I see that the author is going to begin publishing a magazine later this year focusing on the ELVIS FILES series, so that may be a less expensive way for me (and other fans too) to check out the amazing photos contained in the book series!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

It's a FANTASTIC package Chris, you're going to LOVE it!!

Do you have any other MRS releases or is SUCH A NIGHT your first one? I HIGHLY recommend the MRS stuff, as they are top-notch quality!! And the guy behind MRS is the same guy who owns the BOXCAR label and he is putting out a GRACELAND book next month which looks FANTASTIC!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast