Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Elvis purchases so far this week

Re: My Elvis purchases so far this week

Bless my dad, he bought me Elvis Presley 50 years on... The King Still Lives. It's a triple cd album and a little gift out of the blue is always nice. I've also bought Blue Hawaii - The Expanded Alternate Album and a book titled Elvis by Susie Behar that gives summarises his life, has some good pictures too. I'm waging war on eBay as there are a couple of cds I'm desperate for but so are other people apparently, fingers crossed I'm successful.

I bought The Final Curtain this week.
    Still want Elvis Files vol 5
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I bought The Final Curtain this week.
    Still want Elvis Files vol 5
    I want both of these!!! I was telling my other half about the final curtain last night as he seems to think I have enough Elvis music, he has no clue about the amount of material (live, studio and rehearsal) that's out there, I'm educating him, so he now knows how expensive some sets are. I also told my dad, just in case he wants to spoil me for no reason

wow that's a big purchase debtdbruno
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Elvis Presley- From Elvis in Memphis (Remastered edition with 6 Bonus tracks)
    Elvis Presley- Elvis On Tour dvd finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    wow that's a big purchase debtdbruno
    My pride and joy, is the Complete Works.......love this set
    When TFC, was being released I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend money on a set, which to be honest is not Elvis at his best....bless!!
    Anyway, it arrived this morning.....and its a stupendous set, only looked at the book so far, an awful lot of work gone into it though. Definitely worth having if you can get your hands on it.

I want elvis files vol 5 because this is my fav era
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    My pride and joy, is the Complete Works.......love this set
    When TFC, was being released I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend money on a set, which to be honest is not Elvis at his best....bless!!
    Anyway, it arrived this morning.....and its a stupendous set, only looked at the book so far, an awful lot of work gone into it though. Definitely worth having if you can get your hands on it.

I want elvis files vol 5 because this is my fav era
    Well, if you ever get bored with these........................nudge nudge

haha.........I'll let you know

let us know your thoughts on this set , i still have mine won\t part with it for a million dollars , mainly love the book. i was real disapointed with the outakes from rapid city , i thought we were to get at least a 2nd gen tape transfer. I also preferred the numberroll on the film instead of the blurry watermark , the 8mm films , some like kansas and philly have bin seen before and it looks to be in the same ol condition as 1980's vhs with droputs.
    i do love the quality of the main special and the great book , however i feel the bonus dvd could have bin something so much better. ALL 6 cds are the jewels also that still make me interested in commming back to this set every once and a while - i don't mind ELVIS PRESLEY in 1977 , he had good days and bad just like all other ENTERTAINERS , but when he was good he was THE **** BEST EVER! I will be getting my copy of ELVIS FILES 5 , have it pre orderd , and when i recieve i will post my thoughts and hope you do to.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Well, if you ever get bored with these........................nudge nudge
    yep a great set and the book just makes it that much better and complete , this was the way this set should have bin presented by warner/mgm/turner or whoever was responsible for the official release some years back, i did expect a little more than what we got and hate that they had some same ol audience inserts over and over again but all is forgiven when you watch all discs and plow through a great book. I sure wissh they would come out with an on tour dvd se collection - maybe in br- boxcar is tops.

Quote Originally Posted by lvelvis View Post
    yep a great set and the book just makes it that much better and complete , this was the way this set should have bin presented by warner/mgm/turner or whoever was responsible for the official release some years back, i did expect a little more than what we got and hate that they had some same ol audience inserts over and over again but all is forgiven when you watch all discs and plow through a great book. I sure wissh they would come out with an on tour dvd se collection - maybe in br- boxcar is tops.
    Yeh.....great idea, long overdue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123