Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make Your Declaration - "I Am An Elvis Fan"

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Re: Make Your Declaration - "I Am An Elvis Fan"

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    I vote the regular 'Always On My Mind' ' Swing Down The Chariot " or may be Suspicion and Suspicious Minds.... it was difficult to choose, and I think I had better choice in my head , oh well.. I think it would come out as the 30 # 1's CD ... but we will see.
    Yes I chose Suspicious Minds, Unchained Melody, How Great Thou Art, Polk Salad Annie and more I can't quite remember. I tried to pick the songs that were not on the 30 #1's CD but as you know with the song selection that was tough not to do.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

This is such a con . The Elvis In Demand album of 1976 let fans pick their favourite songs full stop .They didnt have to pick from a pre-selected list . It is obvious why this was done . The tracks have already been selected , the album all ready to go and they can say these are the tracks the fans picked . The same old rehash of the same hits that everyone has in one form or another with a new cover . This album wont sell when anybody reads the track listing . Its just the greatest hits , Elvis 1s rereleased with a slight difference . I thought it was going to be a very different and exciting album when i saw the fans were going to choose . They would have picked lesser known gems for the non fan to hear not Hound Dog , Heartbreak Hotel , Suspicious Minds , Crying In The Chapel , Its Now Or Never for 100th time . A good idea wasted . I will not be buying it and i doubt many others will either . When are Sony going to realise that there is a recession on , fans are not going to go out spending their money on another greatest hits . They want something a bit original and if the fans wont even buy it how do they expect anyone else to .

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

If you go back to the site and look at what is been voted on, it is the 30 #1's songs. I agree if they would have all 750 songs to choose from then it would be a new CD.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

It certainly would have been much more interesting if the fans would have been able to choose from ALL of Elvis' songs instead of the ones that are pre-selected...

I agree that this is yet another idea which showed promise but ultimately failed...HOWEVER I will say that I like the mosaic idea that they have on the site. I realize the pictures that everyone sends in will be so small, they will be hard to distinguish, but still it's a different idea and one that incorporates the fans in a unique way.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    It certainly would have been much more interesting if the fans would have been able to choose from ALL of Elvis' songs instead of the ones that are pre-selected...

I agree that this is yet another idea which showed promise but ultimately failed...HOWEVER I will say that I like the mosaic idea that they have on the site. I realize the pictures that everyone sends in will be so small, they will be hard to distinguish, but still it's a different idea and one that incorporates the fans in a unique way.

TCB!
    Mike

agree Mike, we could have chosen more unusual ones to encourage a new fan base
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    agree Mike, we could have chosen more unusual ones to encourage a new fan base
    Precisely Deb...but my guess is Sony/EPE figured a CD of songs ACTUALLY chosen by the fans wouldn't sell as well as a CD with HOUND DOG and DON'T BE CRUEL on it for the zillionth time!!!

Oh well...just another in a seemingly endless line of losing ideas by Sony/EPE (with the exception of the recent YOUNG MAN box set, of course )

TCB!
    Mike

Its kind of sad how at the end of the day it is all about the selling,..instead of the satisfactions of so many Elvis loyal fans,... and this happening for his 35th Anniversary too, one day that a lot of us will remember ... me personally I want to own something which says Elvis 35th anniversary commemorations, yeah i agree with many of you here and wish it was us the fans who select the songs , because really Elvis still alive to this day because of fans.... Sony, EPE can go ahead do their' businesses , but if its not selling.. whats good would it do for them ..?

Coming On Strong

pre-selecing songs defeats the purpose. Potentially good idea ruined.

I'm curious about something...I was looking at the latest "results" today on the site, and I noticed SUSPICIOUS MINDS is in the top-3 in both the 60's category as well as the LIVE category...so does this mean we're going to get 2 versions of the same song on this CD???

Aside from that, the results don't really reflect much that we didn't already figure would be on the album...with the exception of WELCOME TO MY WORLD and YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE being perhaps the biggest "surprises". Of course now that Sony/RCA has extended the voting time, there is plenty of time for the votes to be swayed into their favor as to what songs they want to be on the album anyway...

TCB!
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12