Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does Lisa Marie think Gladys died at 42?

Re: Why does Lisa Marie think Gladys died at 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    What does the book exactly say? In "Elvis and the Memphis Mafia" it says Elvis thinks his mother died at 42, though she was 46.
    "By all accounts she was indeed the saint that legends are made of. She was to die a young woman, only forty-two".

Gladys falsified her age on the marriage certificate. She was four years older than Vernon - and you're right - LMP is nothing but a drama queen..

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

I still don´t understand why not even Elvis knew the right age.

I do not beleive that Elvis didn't know his mothers real age after all he had the Star of David added to her gravestone and he visited her grave. And i rarely if ever beleive anything from the MM.

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/JewishElvis.html
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by elvislina View Post
    are you a LMP hater????? she isnt, Lisa is just worried and she have her reason to be sometimes
    Step back from the ledge. I like Lisa just fine, but she is a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Step back from the ledge. I like Lisa just fine, but she is a drama queen.
    Lets look at it from this angle-Lisa grew up like no one else on earth, at age 8 she most probably saw her father dead on his bathroom floor-at the least witnessed the turmoil and crazed activity of that day, she then is fatherless with..... millions of people who seem to love her dad as much as she does....she also has the Presley/Smith genes which seem to tend toward addictions and depression....her mother and her have a horrible relationship for most of her next 15 years and she ends up dabbling in drugs, alcolol etc......she is probably in many ways a lonely person like her father, wondering is it me, is it my money, is it my fathers image that attracts my friends lovers etc......
    I agree she can be a tad dramatic, but all things considered perhaps its unavoidable.
    I know what the trauma of death can do to a young persons emotions and life from personal experience...it never goes away totally.
    I have had some drama in my life ....and you tend to look for "whats next" that can drop upon you-99% of the time nothing of real consequence happens but you wait watch and expect it anyway.
    I am a man-so I can't be a drama queen but I may at times share certain tendencies with them.
    Work in Progress!

Well Elvis was pretty much of a drama queen himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Well its a unique situation the "drama" of someone from Tupelo who becomes an unprecedented world star...even from my own perspective of finding my father hanging from a rope at the age of 5........all the consequences of that type trauma-a mom who moved us 33 times before I was `18 and being poor until I actually started my adult life after being kicked out of the house at 17...I have no way to identify with the "mind games" (to quote John Lennon) that Elvis had with his type of fame fortune and never ending adulation. Lisa I can identify with a little better (but still its a stretch) only because of the traumatic death angle of her father dying with her being in the middle of the whole crisis situation.
    But I agree Elvis tended to take things to the max-and he felt things to the max.....man of extremes and thats what made him who he was.
    Not just a regular peanut butter sandwich-lets fly across the country to get the best PBS in the world, not just a Rolls Royce, a gold laden customized Rolls, not just a chrismatic talented entertainer-BUT a person put on earth for a reason......mind games that people who feel things to the max-entertain in thought..... It appears crazy from the outside-in-but from the inside out it..... makes perfect sense to that person.
    Perhaps I am being a little dramatic here-sorry thats me at times
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Lets look at it from this angle-Lisa grew up like no one else on earth, at age 8 she most probably saw her father dead on his bathroom floor-at the least witnessed the turmoil and crazed activity of that day, she then is fatherless with..... millions of people who seem to love her dad as much as she does....she also has the Presley/Smith genes which seem to tend toward addictions and depression....her mother and her have a horrible relationship for most of her next 15 years and she ends up dabbling in drugs, alcolol etc......she is probably in many ways a lonely person like her father, wondering is it me, is it my money, is it my fathers image that attracts my friends lovers etc......
    I agree she can be a tad dramatic, but all things considered perhaps its unavoidable.
    I know what the trauma of death can do to a young persons emotions and life from personal experience...it never goes away totally.
    I have had some drama in my life ....and you tend to look for "whats next" that can drop upon you-99% of the time nothing of real consequence happens but you wait watch and expect it anyway.
    I am a man-so I can't be a drama queen but I may at times share certain tendencies with them.
    So................we are in agreement then???

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    What? I have no idea what you´re talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    So................we are in agreement then???
    I think we have basic agreement-my own view is tempered with what causes some to have dramatic tendencies of thought, governed by my own experiences.
    People in unique circumstances are not going to follow the norm as we may see it, if we all were "exactly the same" in reaction to lifes problems we would all be clones...music would never surprise us, art would not exist really because it would all follow the same pattern, same pictures......yes my friend we agree I was just trying to see it from my own perspective of the "WHY" of it.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    What? I have no idea what you´re talking about.
    Just kidding, I'm saying it in a nice way. Not that it was a character fault on him, but just as KPM said: Elvis tended to take things to the max-and he felt things to the max.....man of extremes and thats what made him who he was.

Stuff like: "my fans are going to forget me while I'm in the army", or "I'm not sure if they're going to still like me (about performing live again)", or "people will forget about me when I'm dead". Please Elvis!!! wake up and just do your thing!!! Now of course, if we study his life and roots we can understand his insecurities through his life, and his often self deprecation as part of his charm, being who he was he could have been such an unbearable guy! lol! so nothing wrong about being a bit of a drama queen then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12