Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raw interview video with the Godmother of the American Queen (Priscilla Presley)

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Re: Raw interview video with the Godmother of the American Queen (Priscilla Presley)

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I saw her on CNN yesterday talking about Memphis. The funny part was the interviewer asked her, what would Elvis think of the music today? She said he was a big fan of music in general, liked all music from gospel to rock and roll. The lady then asked her would Elvis like rap music? Priscilla at first was trying to think of how to avoid the question by not saying Elvis would have hated it. But she said he would like some rap. The lady ended on that question and was laughing, I think she was thinking the same thing I was thinking.....BS.

I don't know if I can find the video of it.
    Can someone please find the video? I wanna see it!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Re: Raw interview video with the Godmother of the American Queen (Priscilla Presley)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Presley View Post
    Can someone please find the video? I wanna see it!
    I did look the other day and I could not find it. If I do, I will post it.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

I did find the video on CNN. I guess it took them a few days to load on their website. Listen close and you can hear the lady laugh when Priscilla answers the question about rap and then the camera points back at her.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...vis-legacy.cnn

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I did find the video on CNN. I guess it took them a few days to load on their website. Listen close and you can hear the lady laugh when Priscilla answers the question about rap and then the camera points back at her.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...vis-legacy.cnn
    I personally didn't see anything unusual from neither lady. The woman's grin was normal as she did it a couple times prior to that question. Priscilla always pauses before answering a question. You have to remember, Elvis wouldn't be your average 77 year old. The man invented the word "swag".
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I personally didn't see anything unusual from neither lady. The woman's grin was normal as she did it a couple times prior to that question. Priscilla always pauses before answering a question. You have to remember, Elvis wouldn't be your average 77 year old. The man invented the word "swag".
    Yes I can see what you are saying. If you listen to that part with some headphones you can hear her kinda laugh, when Priscilla says some rap.

I will never agree that Elvis would like some rap. I can't imagine Elvis saying, ah hey Lamar put some rap on, I want to hear Tupac.

RIP Tommy

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Itīs obvious that Priscilla is lying.

From what I remember of the video Priscilla didn't lie, she laughed off the question and didn't really answer it.

Let's go back to the 50's for a moment. They asked Elvis in sarcasm why he liked the blues and he told them "there's some good stuff in there if people would only give it a chance". I think he would say the same about today's music including SOME rap. Not all of it is derogatory or gangsta. And even though I am not a fan of Hip Hop, it's not rap. It's an urban style of music and rhythm.

And to be quite honest, country music today isn't as clean as it once was. So who's to say that he would like today's country sound? Although I think he would like some of it.

Let's go back to the 50's for a moment. They asked Elvis in sarcasm why he liked the blues and he told them "there's some good stuff in there if people would only give it a chance". I think he would say the same about today's music including SOME rap. Not all of it is derogatory or gangsta. And even though I am not a fan of Hip Hop, it's not rap. It's an urban style of music and rhythm.

And to be quite honest, country music today isn't as clean as it once was. So who's to say that he would like today's country sound? Although I think he would like some of it.
    Theres a difference between risque-and absolutely dirty-very few country singers has ever recorded songs with expletives like f**k, sh**
    Cu**, etc nor about killing police-sure country has gotten more risque but come a lot of RAP is laced with hard core sex talk, or speaking of abusing women.
    Elvis liked blues because it was a music about common misery among people, it was a comfort music for those with problems, RAP is born from anger, and yes some hate for others......
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    From what I remember of the video Priscilla didn't lie, she laughed off the question and didn't really answer it.
    I got that too Diane, i certainly don't think the reporter was laughing at her, nice interview i thought.

My god the woman is more plastic now than human , She looks like a bad drag queen . Somebody tell the woman to age with a bit of dignity . She looks ridiculous

It was a nice interview even though personally everyone knows I don't care for the way she jumps into anything that will get her into the spotlight. Even less than Lisa, she really doesn't get the credit for what she does....it all comes from Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Theres a difference between risque-and absolutely dirty-very few country singers has ever recorded songs with expletives like f**k, sh**
    Cu**, etc nor about killing police-sure country has gotten more risque but come a lot of RAP is laced with hard core sex talk, or speaking of abusing women.
    Elvis liked blues because it was a music about common misery among people, it was a comfort music for those with problems, RAP is born from anger, and yes some hate for others......
    Not all rap music has cussing or calling women *****es or about killing people. You're confusing gansta rap with hip hop rap.

Quote Originally Posted by poor boy View Post
    My god the woman is more plastic now than human , She looks like a bad drag queen . Somebody tell the woman to age with a bit of dignity . She looks ridiculous
    I thought that she looked like a vampire.

Not all rap music has cussing or calling women *****es or about killing people. You're confusing gansta rap with hip hop rap.
    The only country song I can think of with a violent tone toward woman is "Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks and it in fact is a comment about men who abuse woman being wrong.
    Elvis while alive barely knew who Eric Clapton was, hardly knew Led Zeppelin....huge artists great music......but he was unaware.
    Elvis heard a song and liked it for internal personal reasons-songs that spoke to him-current songs that he heard probably on his car radios that he liked he explored....but that did not mean he liked that artist in particular, nor that style of music-it means he liked the song and it spoke to him on a personal level.
    As I said he may have liked certain soft core positive rap-but I do not think he would suddenly have a rap/hip hop conversion.
    Work in Progress!

Actually, I personally thought Priscilla looked better than she has in a long time. Enough of her....

I agree with Ken, MOST rap music is crude, so is hip hop, but no not all. But it is enough to put me off especially since I don't consider it singing at all.

Once again, Hip Hop is NOT rap. It is actual singing with an urban style. Think the blues, Soul and doo-wop mixed together with a beat. That's basically what Hip Hop is. Some Hip Hop artists like Rihanna bring in a famous rapper to help sell their albums and songs.

Once again, Hip Hop is NOT rap. It is actual singing with an urban style. Think the blues, Soul and doo-wop mixed together with a beat. That's basically what Hip Hop is. Some Hip Hop artists like Rihanna bring in a famous rapper to help sell their albums and songs.
    Once again I understand the difference, and my reply is still the same Elvis would not become a sudden convert to hip hop, nor to rap, nor to calypso, nor bossa nova etc, he did some bossa nova flavored songs, he did some calypso flavored songs, he did not then convert to a career of either.
    He did not invite Belafontie to Graceland, nor many other artist in general. That is my reply to the idea he would be so taken with rap/hip hop that he would be inviting local rappers to Graceland.
    Logical assumtions based on his history and patterns he had his whole life........if there were story after story told in books, interviews that he invited many many many strangers or musical artists to Graceland-I would agree with your assumption-that is just not the case.
    Work in Progress!

I remember hearing one time that supposedly Elvis invited the Osmond’s to Graceland and Donnie said they didn’t go. I don't think so, if Elvis would have invited them they would have gone even if there legs were broken.

RIP Tommy

I know country artist TG Sheppard visited Graceland before he was a singer he worked for RCA as a marketing agent or something like that and when he began to tour as an artist Elvis got him a bus and he went to Graceland for that.
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast