Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ginger alden true love?

ginger alden true love?

i recently came across an interview on another site where ginger answered alot of great questions one was how she explained her love for ELVIS and how her engaement /proposal from E.P. came about, she professsed her love for ELVIS while she was with him etc.. I couldn't believe all that i had read over the years how she didn't like to go on tour with ELVIS and that she used to go to disco halls while with ELVIS , and how her family were leeches using ELVIS , so my question is was this true love for ginger and what about ELVIS?

Cadillac King

Re: ginger alden true love?

True love? No way.

Elvis wanted a younger girl to hang on his arm.

And Ginger wanted a superstar to hang on hers.

Obviously there were some feeling between them but not true love.

Just my opinion

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

I really canīt answer that question. I donīt know enough about Ginger & Elvis together.

wasn't he quoted as saying, 'what use is a 40 year old woman to me?'.........

He liked having some eye candy on his arm.

They were totally unsuitable for each other, but whether he would have either married her or dumped her is anyone's guess depending on who's doing the talking
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

It's difficult to answer

Sure they had feelings but I've always think she wasn't right for him in that period...she was young and has different needs. Every girl would have liked to live there but to me it's hard to call that one real love

Quote Originally Posted by italianfan View Post
    True love? No way.

Elvis wanted a younger girl to hang on his arm.

And Ginger wanted a superstar to hang on hers.

Obviously there were some feeling between them but not true love.

Just my opinion

I agree totally with your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    wasn't he quoted as saying, 'what use is a 40 year old woman to me?'.........
    Um...Ginger was 20 when she met Elvis - not 40. He said that in response to Billy Smith telling him that he needed an older woman in his life and he said, "What in the **** could a forty-two year old woman do for me?"

He liked having some eye candy on his arm.

They were totally unsuitable for each other, but whether he would have either married her or dumped her is anyone's guess depending on who's doing the talking

Elvis had no intentions whatsoever of marrying Ginger despite her claims of an 'engagement'. According to those around him, especially Billy Smith (who I tend to believe more than the others), when Elvis gave a woman a ring it didn't mean a thing to him.

Cadillac King

Ginger reminded me {looks-wise} of Priscilla.
    Perhaps he was trying to re-capture what he felt he'd lost.
    {As we get older ,some try to do just that.}
    I really don't believe they had anything in common.

I've read all the stories from others.
    Since they've changed their "truths" so many times-who knows?
    In black & white - we only have her answers & her mothers lawsuit.
    I'll leave judjment of both of them to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Elvis had no intentions whatsoever of marrying Ginger despite her claims of an 'engagement'. According to those around him, especially Billy Smith (who I tend to believe more than the others), when Elvis gave a woman a ring it didn't mean a thing to him.
    Vernon said after Elvis death that he knew about their engagement, which doesn't mean he had intentions of actually marrying her. But it seems she is not lying about this.

This article is from the Commercial Appeal, you can read the whole article here:
    http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=30544

Presley (Vernon) recalled his son's courtship of Miss Ginger Alden, the 20-year-old, dark-haired beauty who said she and Elvis had planned to marry either Dec. 25 or Jan. 8, Elvis' birthday.

"I mentioned to my son Elvis one time about the possibilities of remarrying and Elvis told me, 'Only God knows that," Presley said. "I knew he had gotten engaged, but to my knowledge no date had been set..."

I Think If Elvis wanted to marry Giner then he loved her enough to motivate him to care more about his health condition and who knows perhaps they could be a happy couple ! as far as I know Ginger has been a great wife for his husband .

He was the firstest with the mostest.

being a good wife to an 'ordinary' Man, is different to living as Elvis' wife Shania........so much more demanding.
    He lived an extrordinary life, it could never be easy for any woman. He couldn't cope with it ultimately!!!!!!
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

being a good wife to an 'ordinary' Man, is different to living as Elvis' wife Shania........so much more demanding.
    He lived an extrordinary life, it could never be easy for any woman. He couldn't cope with it ultimately!!!!!!

thanks Kathy...........how many of us would be able to cope?????

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    I Think If Elvis wanted to marry Giner then he loved her enough to motivate him to care more about his health condition and who knows perhaps they could be a happy couple ! as far as I know Ginger has been a great wife for his husband .
    I'm totally agree with you my friend!

Thank`s to Ginger, Elvis did not record in Nashville in January 77. She acted shildish/stupid and they had a lots of fights over a lot of things. She was not the right one for him, far to young. There is also a romour that Ginger called the newspapers before calling downstairs for help when she found Elvis in the bathroom... So I don`t think she was any good for him

GIORGIA

With all respect,because everyone have is personal opinion,and the beauty is also that we tells our opinions,but really think that Ginger had do that?The call?I don't think at all at this thing!And then you right about the session and the others fights for others things,that you read on Careless Love(without the call),but I don't know if all these things are true!I don't believe in these things!My opinion,of course!Because Peter said that this is the his Elvis Story!And about the age,well,with priscilla,Elvis what had in common?For Me nothing!And for Me the age would mean nothing!Of course,again My Personal Opinion!P.s I advice you to listen on you tube the interview of Kathy Westmoreland,for listen that Elvis really loved her!

The age mean nothing to me either (my wife is 12 years older than me, been together for 13 years). But I think Ginger was to young for Elvis. He should had a mature woman with some experiance - not some doll just to show of.. Thats my opinion

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by rogerM View Post
    The age mean nothing to me either (my wife is 12 years older than me, been together for 13 years). But I think Ginger was to young for Elvis. He should had a mature woman with some experiance - not some doll just to show of.. Thats my opinion
    Well,I think you right when you said to young for Elvis in this specifically moment,but I don't think that Ginger was just a doll,and I don't think that Elvis think of her in this way!The mm think of that,but,I mean are the mm................................................ ....Congratulation for your marriage!All the best for you and your wife!

Quote Originally Posted by GIORGIA View Post
    .Congratulation for your marriage!All the best for you and your wife!

Thank you

Backstage Pass

I think Elvis knew any women staying with out marriage would be a tuff bargain at some point. So think he might have talked of marriage as a way of keeping them around but stalling too. Did he love her? Probably somewhat because I think Elvis fell in love easily. He did look happy in the pix of their last vacation in Hawaii. So if she showed love, affection, and they shared some good time, I'm glad he had her. But I doubt Elvis would have married anyone.

We Never know It's true love or not, only ones know is ginger and Elvis .
    I don't have thing say bad about her , she was young that time.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast