Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: August 77 was a weird month!

  1. #1
    Junior Member ThreeCornPatches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,294,967,295

    August 77 was a weird month!

    I mean for elvis to be the most photographed person, we almost see no pictures of him during the august '77 season. Elvis was always photographed everywhere but until this day i still havent seen any pics or life form of elvis before he died on the 16th. anybody agrees?

  2. #2
    Cadillac King peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Prague - Czech Republic
    Posts
    252

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    There are photos from August 77. One of them is as he visited the cemetery because of his mother and others are with Lisa Marie. The "famous" last one and very good shot from 12th (?) August 1977 as he returned back from cinema to Graceland.... I recently asked almost the same question, about the gap between June 77 and some shots from August 77. There is probably no photo from July 77 (or better to say Ive never seen any).

  3. #3
    Junior Member ThreeCornPatches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,294,967,295

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    There are photos from August 77. One of them is as he visited the cemetery because of his mother and others are with Lisa Marie. The "famous" last one and very good shot from 12th (?) August 1977 as he returned back from cinema to Graceland.... I recently asked almost the same question, about the gap between June 77 and some shots from August 77. There is probably no photo from July 77 (or better to say Ive never seen any).
    i've never saw the cementery pictures or the ones with lisa, the only one i saw was from hours before he died the famous last one.

  4. #4
    Cadillac King peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Prague - Czech Republic
    Posts
    252

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    You can find them here:
    http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/...1975_1977.html

    I have seen the 12th August photo in bigger version and IMHO EP looked very bad - to me he looks very pale and sweaty (but the 2nd thing is not suprising as the 77 summer was very hot)...

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    Well we assume he was photographed every single moment he moved around outside Graceland-but obviously he was not.
    I'm sure there are photos of Elvis in private hands that have yet to see the light of day....IMO there are various reasons for keeping them private up til now-some people may feel they want to keep their personal photos taken of Elvis to themselves, other people may feel the longer they keep them private the more money they may make when they finally decide to put them up for sale.
    Even the most photographed person in the world can have a month or 2 where few photos are taken.
    Work in Progress!

  6. #6
    With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire State
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeCornPatches View Post
    i've never saw the cementery pictures or the ones with lisa, the only one i saw was from hours before he died the famous last one.
    I had never seen these pictures either...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    You can find them here:
    http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/...1975_1977.html

    I have seen the 12th August photo in bigger version and IMHO EP looked very bad - to me he looks very pale and sweaty (but the 2nd thing is not suprising as the 77 summer was very hot)...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for the link to those pictures!!

    TCB!
    Mike


    TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!


  7. #7
    Coming On Strong
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    85

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    there is debate wheether the photos on his bike supposedly returning from the cemetery are actually from August '77

  8. #8
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    He went into 'hibernation' much of july and august didn't he?
    could have been the release of the EWH book..........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  9. #9
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    282

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    Referring to the "Last Photo of Elvis". Where are the grey roots in Elvis' hair that Larry Geller apparently touched up with mascara before Elvis' funeral?

    I see no evidence of grey hair of any kind, in this "Last Photo." Does anyone? Does anyone have any suggestions?

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I wish Graceland
    Posts
    1,608

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    He could have had a few grey hairs that are visible up close but not from a dark camera shot.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

    RIP Tommy


  11. #11
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    Quote Originally Posted by boquo2 View Post
    there is debate wheether the photos on his bike supposedly returning from the cemetery are actually from August '77
    IIRC, and from reading at the FECC forum, those photos are from 1976 and not 1977. Unfortunately, I can't recall the source of where I saw it on FECC.

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Referring to the "Last Photo of Elvis". Where are the grey roots in Elvis' hair that Larry Geller apparently touched up with mascara before Elvis' funeral?

    I see no evidence of grey hair of any kind, in this "Last Photo." Does anyone? Does anyone have any suggestions?
    If his hair and sideburns needed re-doing, he would have had a white/grey line all around his hairline (and all over his head) where the regrowth needed colouring. With his dye being so dark there wouldn't be any way of missing if it.......
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  13. #13
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    It could be that Elvis or someone touched them up himself each day with mascara when slight growth showed through-he showered and the mascara was gone.......... hair continues to grow even after death so before the funeral the sideburns needed the touch up.
    I know that men who dye their hair and have mustache, goatees, full beards etc.......do have trouble daily keeping the facial hair growth the proper color (not that I dye my hair or anything) whereas the hair on the head, even front roots, just do not start to show for weeks.
    Work in Progress!

  14. #14
    Cadillac King peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Prague - Czech Republic
    Posts
    252

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    ... sorry.... confusing....
    Last edited by peter; 05-14-2012 at 11:36 AM.

  15. #15
    Cadillac King T_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    424

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    Peter, that isn't Elvis. It's Johnny Harra during the filming of the movie This Is Elvis.

  16. #16
    Cadillac King peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Prague - Czech Republic
    Posts
    252

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    I feel like silly fool right now.... Ouch. Im going to delete it.

  17. #17
    Cadillac King T_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    424

    Re: August 77 was a weird month!

    In your defense, he was covering part of his face with his hand. :-)

Similar Threads

  1. Is this weird? Tell me what you think.
    By Elvis and Johnny in forum Off topic
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 07:21 AM
  2. Weird Florida facts
    By john carpenter in forum Off topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
  3. Weird Ware
    By Elvis_Priestly in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •