Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis' childhood friend Sam Bell who grew up with him in Tupelo

Elvis' childhood friend Sam Bell who grew up with him in Tupelo

This is some good stuff! Sam Bell, who grew up with Elvis in Tupelo tells of how Vernon once built them a tree house, and how Elvis knew from a very young age that he would one day be famous. He also says Elvis didn't have a racist bone in his body.

http://www.elvis.com/photos-video/le...ct.aspx?id=103
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Elvis' childhood friend Sam Bell who grew up with him in Tupelo

very precious memories .Very lucky persons to have mutual memories with the king

He was the firstest with the mostest.

One of the reasons why Elvis is seen as a racist is because for years EPE and Graceland have chosen to cater to one group of fans (white) and that has cost them and could hurt his future as race relations grow. Stories like Mr Bell's should be commercialized or at least spoken of to show the real Elvis and not the sugarcoated version that EPE presents. Have you ever noticed that the black cultural influence is hardly ever a part of the Elvis story? Never do you hear of how it all became. That's why blacks in general think he was a racist.

saw him in Memphis 2010 at '75'th Birthday, gave a good talk
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    One of the reasons why Elvis is seen as a racist is because for years EPE and Graceland have chosen to cater to one group of fans (white) and that has cost them and could hurt his future as race relations grow. Stories like Mr Bell's should be commercialized or at least spoken of to show the real Elvis and not the sugarcoated version that EPE presents. Have you ever noticed that the black cultural influence is hardly ever a part of the Elvis story? Never do you hear of how it all became. That's why blacks in general think he was a racist.
    Once again EPE is the villain..........EPE somehow propagated the image of Elvis the racist, EPE somehow instigated the sale of Elvis's pre 73 catalogue, EPE kept Elvis from touring Europe, EPE never negotiated movie deals that gave Elvis some form of ownership in his films, EPE wants to offer Holy Land trips and that will anger Muslims, EPE- fill in the blank is the reason............
    I always seem to be defending them, but only because I truely do not see it the way you do....and I have many times shown why.
    They are not perfect-but they did what was instructed and with no creative control or ownership of music or film.
    Your take on them is much like my opening paragraph.......remember EPE was not around in the 50s and Elvis was seen as a racist way back then based on rumors of things he was suppose to have said, things he was suppose to have done and the misinformed idea that he somehow stole his music from Black Americans. All of that was addressed-and reasonable people of all races and colors accepted that he was not, in fact, a racist.
    Now for the last 50 plus years those mistaken rumors have been shot down-and still the image persists-"among unreasonable people" who would not accept the truth if their own minister or clergyman gave it to them.
    I have talked with reasonable people (of all kinds) and even if they are misinformed if you give them some facts which can be backed up-they see they just did not have the whole true story.
    I have talked to unreasonable people (of all kinds) and even if they are misinformed and you give them some facts which can be backed up-they never see the whole story.
    I use to post on TOPIX and had many a discussion with young black individuals about Elvis-I would give them link after link that provided sourcing for the 1957 Jet Magazine article written by a black editor for the mag-which discounted the Elvis is a racist nonsense-they called it lies.
    I provided quotes from Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Otis Blackwell, BB King, Rufus Thomas, The Sweet Inspirations, Barbara McNair, Jackie Wilson, etc...............I have actually been told I was lying and making them up (even though several links were provided).
    I told the story of the Christmas gift of an electric wheelchair to the older black lady in Memphis-to be told it was made up sh**!

M. Jackson claimed in the late 90s that Elvis stole his music from Otis Blackwell and that Blackwell was never paid his share-totally untrue-after Elvis died Blackwell did a tribute album to Elvis, Blackwell said on Carson that his association with Elvis was a great moneymaking opportunity for a songwriter. But Jackson was believed by "unreasonable people" who did not want to believe otherwise....you can not combat closed mindedness and unfortunately today in 2012 with rap music and hip hop being the most popular music among young African Americans (as well as many white, Hispanics, and others) Elvis music does move move in rap circles.....and it never will.
    ALLC and Rubberneckin were about as close to rap as Elvis ever got-and they did pretty well when released in the remixed versions.
    But not many other Elvis songs will have the meter and rhythm that those songs had-which allowed the rap like remix.

I must totally disagree that the Black Culture which influenced Elvis has hardly ever been apart of the story of Elvis Presley.
    Look at the Elvis Lives special, black artists were a part of that, there has never been a whitewash of his musical roots nor his respect for black peers............ BUT-the Black influence is no more important than Dean Martins influence, nor Hank Snows influence nor, Ernest Tubbs influence, nor Hovie Listers influence, or JD Sumners influence, or any high tenor Elvis admired.......IE R&B, Pop, Country and Gospel-all this is part of Elvis Presley music.......since Elvis cut all gospel albums, all country albums, and all pop albums in his career...but not all blues or R&B you could make the case that it was not the biggest influence upon his music.
    Sorry the reasoning that EPE is the reason Elvis does not have a huge African American following is just IMO totally offbase.
    You can not force respect, you can not force reasonable thought or investigation into matters that people just take at face value as true.
    Sure you could have a huge campaign to show Elvis is not a racist-but the people who think he is -would not give the time of day to it.
    You and I just see so many things totally different.
    Work in Progress!

..I think we need to be careful with the word 'racists' ... there are still part of this world that hurt by it, it still quite of controversial isssue ,..and to put it as a part of Elvis legacy to me that's just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    ..I think we need to be careful with the word 'racists' ... there are still part of this world that hurt by it, it still quite of controversial isssue ,..and to put it as a part of Elvis legacy to me that's just wrong.
    I agree, every time I see the word I cringe. Elvis was not a racist, there is no doubt in my mind.
    I do not believe he stole anyones music, nor intentionally slighted anyone because of race creed or color.
    But some people will never believe Elvis was not racist-no amount of fact, reason, or explaination will change that.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Once again EPE is the villain..........EPE somehow propagated the image of Elvis the racist, EPE somehow instigated the sale of Elvis's pre 73 catalogue, EPE kept Elvis from touring Europe, EPE never negotiated movie deals that gave Elvis some form of ownership in his films, EPE wants to offer Holy Land trips and that will anger Muslims, EPE- fill in the blank is the reason............
    I always seem to be defending them, but only because I truely do not see it the way you do....and I have many times shown why.
    They are not perfect-but they did what was instructed and with no creative control or ownership of music or film.
    Your take on them is much like my opening paragraph.......remember EPE was not around in the 50s and Elvis was seen as a racist way back then based on rumors of things he was suppose to have said, things he was suppose to have done and the misinformed idea that he somehow stole his music from Black Americans. All of that was addressed-and reasonable people of all races and colors accepted that he was not, in fact, a racist.
    Now for the last 50 plus years those mistaken rumors have been shot down-and still the image persists-"among unreasonable people" who would not accept the truth if their own minister or clergyman gave it to them.
    I have talked with reasonable people (of all kinds) and even if they are misinformed if you give them some facts which can be backed up-they see they just did not have the whole true story.
    I have talked to unreasonable people (of all kinds) and even if they are misinformed and you give them some facts which can be backed up-they never see the whole story.
    I use to post on TOPIX and had many a discussion with young black individuals about Elvis-I would give them link after link that provided sourcing for the 1957 Jet Magazine article written by a black editor for the mag-which discounted the Elvis is a racist nonsense-they called it lies.
    I provided quotes from Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Otis Blackwell, BB King, Rufus Thomas, The Sweet Inspirations, Barbara McNair, Jackie Wilson, etc...............I have actually been told I was lying and making them up (even though several links were provided).
    I told the story of the Christmas gift of an electric wheelchair to the older black lady in Memphis-to be told it was made up sh**!

M. Jackson claimed in the late 90s that Elvis stole his music from Otis Blackwell and that Blackwell was never paid his share-totally untrue-after Elvis died Blackwell did a tribute album to Elvis, Blackwell said on Carson that his association with Elvis was a great moneymaking opportunity for a songwriter. But Jackson was believed by "unreasonable people" who did not want to believe otherwise....you can not combat closed mindedness and unfortunately today in 2012 with rap music and hip hop being the most popular music among young African Americans (as well as many white, Hispanics, and others) Elvis music does move move in rap circles.....and it never will.
    ALLC and Rubberneckin were about as close to rap as Elvis ever got-and they did pretty well when released in the remixed versions.
    But not many other Elvis songs will have the meter and rhythm that those songs had-which allowed the rap like remix.

I must totally disagree that the Black Culture which influenced Elvis has hardly ever been apart of the story of Elvis Presley.
    Look at the Elvis Lives special, black artists were a part of that, there has never been a whitewash of his musical roots nor his respect for black peers............ BUT-the Black influence is no more important than Dean Martins influence, nor Hank Snows influence nor, Ernest Tubbs influence, nor Hovie Listers influence, or JD Sumners influence, or any high tenor Elvis admired.......IE R&B, Pop, Country and Gospel-all this is part of Elvis Presley music.......since Elvis cut all gospel albums, all country albums, and all pop albums in his career...but not all blues or R&B you could make the case that it was not the biggest influence upon his music.
    Sorry the reasoning that EPE is the reason Elvis does not have a huge African American following is just IMO totally offbase.
    You can not force respect, you can not force reasonable thought or investigation into matters that people just take at face value as true.
    Sure you could have a huge campaign to show Elvis is not a racist-but the people who think he is -would not give the time of day to it.
    You and I just see so many things totally different.

Who is M. Jackson? It can't be Michael because he was married to Lisa and was always around former Elvis associates and connections. He never hardly spoke publicly of Elvis and when he did he credited him. He even appeared at the tribute concert for Elvis at the Pyramid (in which I too was in attendance at) in 1994 and was introduced to the audience by host John Stamos. Michael even visited Graceland.

EPE was indeed around in the 50's. That was when Elvis founded it with his cousin Gene Smith. It started out basically as just a small family business. Elvis did it because he had always wanted to own his own enterprise. As the years went on, he expended the company. Vernon even had a secretary in a downtown office in the 70's. People assume that Priscilla and Soden started it when they just continued and expended it when they opened the home to the public.

When I say the black side of Elvis is ignored or overlooked, I am referring to the movies or documentaries. Elvis Lives and the ABC special that featured blacks who never met Elvis wasn't what I was referring to. I am referring to the ones who did, the stories of his good will during tough racial times, such as the episode of the short lived Elvis mini series where he goes back to Tupelo and meets up with an old friend who is black and they recall their days as children. That was the only time I saw EPE or Elvis' image allowed to be seen as it was and not as they want it to look like. If you think that EPE has not sugarcoated his image over the year and cut things out to protect his image for business purposes, then you're fooling yourself. They most certainly have.

I totally disagree with your last sentence. If EPE had over the years reached out to ALL and not just certain race groups then we would not have all this Elvis racist stuff to begin with. They're doing it now but it might be too late. They should have been doing those things many, many years ago. Why do you think they are caring now? Because they now understand that blacks are growing in a large population and having the largest influence on modern society and that could effect their near future revenue. White society today is heavily influenced by black culture, the same way a young Elvis Presley was over 60 years ago.

Who is M. Jackson? It can't be Michael because he was married to Lisa and was always around former Elvis associates and connections. He never hardly spoke publicly of Elvis and when he did he credited him. He even appeared at the tribute concert for Elvis at the Pyramid (in which I too was in attendance at) in 1994 and was introduced to the audience by host John Stamos. Michael even visited Graceland.

EPE was indeed around in the 50's. That was when Elvis founded it with his cousin Gene Smith. It started out basically as just a small family business. Elvis did it because he had always wanted to own his own enterprise. As the years went on, he expended the company. Vernon even had a secretary in a downtown office in the 70's. People assume that Priscilla and Soden started it when they just continued and expended it when they opened the home to the public.

When I say the black side of Elvis is ignored or overlooked, I am referring to the movies or documentaries. Elvis Lives and the ABC special that featured blacks who never met Elvis wasn't what I was referring to. I am referring to the ones who did, the stories of his good will during tough racial times, such as the episode of the short lived Elvis mini series where he goes back to Tupelo and meets up with an old friend who is black and they recall their days as children. That was the only time I saw EPE or Elvis' image allowed to be seen as it was and not as they want it to look like. If you think that EPE has not sugarcoated his image over the year and cut things out to protect his image for business purposes, then you're fooling yourself. They most certainly have.

I totally disagree with your last sentence. If EPE had over the years reached out to ALL and not just certain race groups then we would not have all this Elvis racist stuff to begin with. They're doing it now but it might be too late. They should have been doing those things many, many years ago. Why do you think they are caring now? Because they now understand that blacks are growing in a large population and having the largest influence on modern society and that could effect their near future revenue. White society today is heavily influenced by black culture, the same way a young Elvis Presley was over 60 years ago.
    Yes indeed it is Michael Jackson-their is video footage of MJ with Rev Al Sharpton and others speaking I believe in LA and MJ brought up the fact about Otis Blackwell during one of his trials.....I will make it my mission to find the clip or transcript of that moment just for you.
    You and I know that EPE today is not the same EPE started in 1950.

As far as EPE reaching out over time to ethnic groups "......then we would not have all this Elvis racist stuff to begin with" it began in he 50s and it has never really left "among unreasonable uniformed people"
    Once again I am interested-what should have been done over time that would have "dispelled the racist image among the unreasonable uninformed people who hold that belief?
    There is an old saying that I will paraphase for you "those who know the truth can not be fooled, but fools who think they know the truth can never be convinced"
    Unreasonable people of all colors, creed,s and religions.... 99% of the time can never be convinced of any truth except the one that they have settled upon.
    But tell me what you would have done over time that would have changed all those who ignore well known facts that dispute Elvis as racist.
    Heres a link to show you some of the total opposition to Elvis as and artist and innovator read some of the comments at the end of the article.:
    http://www.whudat.com/newsblurbs/mor...ton_168052107/
    Last edited by KPM; 04-05-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Work in Progress!

Here just for you Viva is a partial transcript of some of MJacksons comments in which he mentioned Elvis and Otis Blackwell. I will keep looking for the video this happened on July 09th 2002 at a rally called "Equality for Blacks in Music World":
    http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index....ches&Itemid=79
    Work in Progress!

Nowhere in that transcription did Michael say that Elvis himself ripped off blacks. He said that Otis didn't get a book written on him for his great work. Plus, that was when MJ was facing pressure form thge black community that he didn't care nor considered himself black. After he died, artifacts removed from Michael's house revealed a photo on his bedroom wall of Elvis and one with him and Elvis together in a depiction of The Last Supper.

Funny though that a man who was born black, but then bleached his skin to look white to fit in with a whiter society, all of a sudden wanted to cry "I'm black and I'm proud".

As for what would I have done to better his image among blacks? For starters, I would have promoted him into the black community just as they did the white community. I would have done special cultural exhibits showcasing his black musical influence and how he admired so many black musicians and how they admired him in return. I would have done a special Elvis & Black History Month celebration for African Americans. I would have maybe opened Graceland for a day during Black History month to locals for free to those who don't have the money to see it to allow them that opportunity.

Those little things could have gone a very long way in bringing respect to Elvis from the black community.
    Last edited by vivaelvis; 04-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Heres the straight information about EPE which shows the 1954 EPE is not the same company that runs the estate today:
    The original EPE was set up in 1954 by Elvis Presley's then manager, Bob Neal, to exploit what he hoped would be profitable merchandise opportunities then Elvis signed with Colonel Tom Parker in 1955, EPE became a part of Parker's operations and ceased to officially exist.
    The current Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) is a corporate entity created by "The Elvis Presley Trust" (formed to manage the estate for Lisa)to conduct business and manage its assets, including Graceland. EPE's business extends far beyond the Graceland operation, however, and includes worldwide licensing of Elvis-related products and ventures, the development of Elvis-related music, film, video, television and stage productions, the ongoing development of EPE's Internet presence, the management of significant music publishing assets and more......
    Work in Progress!

Heres the straight information about EPE which shows the 1954 EPE is not the same company that runs the estate today:
    The original EPE was set up in 1954 by Elvis Presley's then manager, Bob Neal, to exploit what he hoped would be profitable merchandise opportunities then Elvis signed with Colonel Tom Parker in 1955, EPE became a part of Parker's operations and ceased to officially exist.
    The current Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) is a corporate entity created by "The Elvis Presley Trust" (formed to manage the estate for Lisa)to conduct business and manage its assets, including Graceland. EPE's business extends far beyond the Graceland operation, however, and includes worldwide licensing of Elvis-related products and ventures, the development of Elvis-related music, film, video, television and stage productions, the ongoing development of EPE's Internet presence, the management of significant music publishing assets and more......
    It says in his own will (and no I do not have a copy of it to link to anyone) that he wanted his estate to grow and expand. They did that when they opened Graceland to the public and turned it into a small business which is now turning into a corporation.

It says in his own will (and no I do not have a copy of it to link to anyone) that he wanted his estate to grow and expand. They did that when they opened Graceland to the public and turned it into a small business which is now turning into a corporation.
    Yes that is exactly what they did-but the the 1954 EPE was not involved it was no longer an entity-trust for Lisa was formed and it used the same title-but not one thing from the 1954 operation was incorportated in any way shape or form.
    I do have a copy of the will and in legal terms it says the goal was to protect the estate for Lisas welfare and benefit-IMO the probate judge did more to save the estate than anyone at the time-he looked over endless financial deal, contracts, sub contracts, deal for films recording, and merchandising and appearances at hotels-he saw how much money was going out for years to Parker and how much his deals were more self serving to him than to Elvis. He saw Conflict of Interest in nearly every avenue of his dealings for Elvis.
    Lisa is now protected for a couple generations if they close Graceland tomorrow-personally that would suit me fine.
    Sony will never sell the music, the films are still making money for all the differing companies who own them and someday they may want to sell but not in the near future. So EPE IMO is in a no-win situation no matter what they do good bad inbetween they will always be seen negatively by most.....even though they have totally with no if ands or buts successfully fullfilled the wishes of Elvis.
    When someone or thing is in a "can't win no matter which way you go" situation-I know the reality of that in my own lifes highs and lows-and I will understand the feeling of being in that position(when its justified and fair)
    Work in Progress!

Yes that is exactly what they did-but the the 1954 EPE was not involved it was no longer an entity-trust for Lisa was formed and it used the same title-but not one thing from the 1954 operation was incorportated in any way shape or form.
    I do have a copy of the will and in legal terms it says the goal was to protect the estate for Lisas welfare and benefit-IMO the probate judge did more to save the estate than anyone at the time-he looked over endless financial deal, contracts, sub contracts, deal for films recording, and merchandising and appearances at hotels-he saw how much money was going out for years to Parker and how much his deals were more self serving to him than to Elvis. He saw Conflict of Interest in nearly every avenue of his dealings for Elvis.
    Lisa is now protected for a couple generations if they close Graceland tomorrow-personally that would suit me fine.
    Sony will never sell the music, the films are still making money for all the differing companies who own them and someday they may want to sell but not in the near future. So EPE IMO is in a no-win situation no matter what they do good bad inbetween they will always be seen negatively by most.....even though they have totally with no if ands or buts successfully fullfilled the wishes of Elvis.
    When someone or thing is in a "can't win no matter which way you go" situation-I know the reality of that in my own lifes highs and lows-and I will understand the feeling of being in that position(when its justified and fair)
    I don't want to see Graceland ever close. It would only look bad on Elvis' part. It would give people the impression that he has finally reached the end and that the public no longer cares. However, I do hope that one day there will be a better leadership in place.

Something else that could eventually happen. EPE could one day own or share the music and the movie rights. How? Apollo is looking to increase their portfolio with more entertainment company assets in the near future. They could eventually buy up Sony Music should it ever need private equity and that could happen with decreasing music sales happening and Sony losing million because of it. It's also possible that Apollo could buy out Time-Warner. If that were to happen, then you could see some type of new rights sharing between Apollo and EPE in the works. It's a long shot and a "what if" scenario. But it's possible.

TCB Mafia

Jay? Lakeisha? Jaykeisha?

This all sounds earily familiar. With time, old tendancies creep back in.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Jay? Lakeisha? Jaykeisha?

This all sounds earily familiar. With time, old tendancies creep back in.
    Nope. But you're not the first to accuse me of being that person. I guess certain subjects are controversial in the Elvis world.

I don't want to see Graceland ever close. It would only look bad on Elvis' part. It would give people the impression that he has finally reached the end and that the public no longer cares. However, I do hope that one day there will be a better leadership in place.

Something else that could eventually happen. EPE could one day own or share the music and the movie rights. How? Apollo is looking to increase their portfolio with more entertainment company assets in the near future. They could eventually buy up Sony Music should it ever need private equity and that could happen with decreasing music sales happening and Sony losing million because of it. It's also possible that Apollo could buy out Time-Warner. If that were to happen, then you could see some type of new rights sharing between Apollo and EPE in the works. It's a long shot and a "what if" scenario. But it's possible.
    Lisa can not close Graceland-Apollo has the 85% interest and they have the whats left of the 99 year lease that Sillerman negotiated....I was speaking in a philosophical way about that................................in other words IMO EPE has fullfilled the will, they are criticized no matter what they do (in some cases rightly so, in others not) they have been successful....but get no credit. They are in a no win scenario and I have told you IMO that is unfair.
    Sorry as far as buying Sony-the same scenarios were made here in 2005-2008 only replace the word Sillerman for Apollo.......Sillerman was going to buy Sony, buy TTWII and EOT then there would have been no problem for EPE to use music, film clips etc.........never happpened. You have said that Apollo was worth something like 70 billion in another thread-and that Sillerman was only worth a couple billion back in 2005....but in that thread I pointed out that Apollo was only worth around 7-8 billion and the large figure you gave was actually money they controlled for investments for others.
    But lets go with the idea that Sillerman or Apollo could acquire Sony....Sony would not just relinquish the music over to EPE lock stock and barrel they would still be required to pay royaltees for the use as any other company would- its not like the music then becomes the property of EPE and Sony takes a loss on the worth of the music.....perhaps a better deal could be worked out for the use-but it still would not come free and EPE would still not get the huge income from the artist royaltees Sony would still own those rights.
    Its just not so cut and dry as you appear to think.
    The films may eventually make their way into EPE hands but I will give you a prediction that it will be a long time coming. and will occur a few at a time...the films will have to cease to be thought of as profitable.....and as long as they can be repackaged every 5 years with a new video format like Blueray they will continue to see and turn a profit with virtually no overhead-thats type product is not sold outright by any company.
    So I agree with you final thought-Its a long shot scenario..... very long.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Jay? Lakeisha? Jaykeisha?This all sounds earily familiar. With time, old tendancies creep back in.
    Thank you for recalling those names-indeed thats who this debate reminds me of. I can almost recall the same type threads with the exception of the name Apollo-replace it with CKX/Sillerman.
    Work in Progress!

Lisa can not close Graceland-Apollo has the 85% interest and they have the whats left of the 99 year lease that Sillerman negotiated....I was speaking in a philosophical way about that................................in other words IMO EPE has fullfilled the will, they are criticized no matter what they do (in some cases rightly so, in others not) they have been successful....but get no credit. They are in a no win scenario and I have told you IMO that is unfair.
    Sorry as far as buying Sony-the same scenarios were made here in 2005-2008 only replace the word Sillerman for Apollo.......Sillerman was going to buy Sony, buy TTWII and EOT then there would have been no problem for EPE to use music, film clips etc.........never happpened. You have said that Apollo was worth something like 70 billion in another thread-and that Sillerman was only worth a couple billion back in 2005....but in that thread I pointed out that Apollo was only worth around 7-8 billion and the large figure you gave was actually money they controlled for investments for others.
    But lets go with the idea that Sillerman or Apollo could acquire Sony....Sony would not just relinquish the music over to EPE lock stock and barrel they would still be required to pay royaltees for the use as any other company would- its not like the music then becomes the property of EPE and Sony takes a loss on the worth of the music.....perhaps a better deal could be worked out for the use-but it still would not come free and EPE would still not get the huge income from the artist royaltees Sony would still own those rights.
    Its just not so cut and dry as you appear to think.
    The films may eventually make their way into EPE hands but I will give you a prediction that it will be a long time coming. and will occur a few at a time...the films will have to cease to be thought of as profitable.....and as long as they can be repackaged every 5 years with a new video format like Blueray they will continue to see and turn a profit with virtually no overhead-thats type product is not sold outright by any company.
    So I agree with you final thought-Its a long shot scenario..... very long.
    I never mentioned Lisa, I never said EPE would own anything for free. I said they could have a share in the rights. Not own. So I do not understand where half of your post came from. I actually tired of having to defend my stance on this with you. In fact, you're the only poster I do have to defend it on.

And for the last time. The Sillerman situation and the new ownership are like comparing apples to oranges. Eventually you will see this. Sillerman was a one-man investor running his own company. Apollo is a mass private equity firm. That title alone overshadows anything that Sillerman could, would or will ever be. I misquoted the Apollo networth. It wasn't $70-80 billion, it was $8 billion. But Sillerman's wasn't even a full $1 billion. Apollo has however invested over $80 billion into their assets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast