Thread: Another Elvis and Whitney Houston connection

Another Elvis and Whitney Houston connection

Did you know that Dionne Warwick's husband, Bill Elliott was one of the two African-American male actors in Change Of Habit? Dionne is Whitney's first cousin. And as you all know, Cissy, Whitney's mom, sang backup for Elvis.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Re: Another Elvis and Whitney Houston connection

Did not know that. Do you mean the two guys that were like the "black panthers"?

"We help our own....sister".
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Did not know that. Do you mean the two guys that were like the "black panthers"?

"We help our own....sister".
    Yes. He was the one wearing black all the time. There was a lot of star power in Change Of Habit. Outside of Mary Tyler Moore and of course Elvis, there was Ed Asner (who recently appeared on the new Hawaii Five-O) and starred on The Mary Tyler Moore Show in the 70's. Jane Elliot, who played sister Barbara, is a daytime Emmy Award winner of General Hospital. And Barbara McNair was the first African-American woman to be named as one of the ten most beautiful women in the world and co-starred opposite Sidney Poitier. She also appeared nude in that film which was risky in the 60's.

Also, while we're on the subject of COH, I find it interesting that many blacks think that Elvis was a racist when it was his own movie that stated "we ain't negros, we're black". That had to be the single most powerful civil rights statement of that era.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Yes I knew that, hes actually her ex husband since they were married, then divorced........ then remarried, then divorced again.
    I think he died in the 80s
    Work in Progress!