Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Tour footages getting deleted on youtube

On Tour footages getting deleted on youtube

Weird thing happening now on tour footages are getting deleted from youtube with copyright strikes..
    i think its because warner turner and etc have something planned for this year, why would they start doing this in the year on tour its 40th anniversary

Suspicious?

Re: On Tour footages getting deleted on youtube

nice thought..............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

While it's a nice thought that is the reason for the deletions, the more likely explanation is that YouTube is just now getting around to finding out about the material being posted on there!!

Still...we can hope that this is a sign that something big is coming from Warner/Turner with the EOT footage...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    While it's a nice thought that is the reason for the deletions, the more likely explanation is that YouTube is just now getting around to finding out about the material being posted on there!!

Still...we can hope that this is a sign that something big is coming from Warner/Turner with the EOT footage...

TCB!
    Mike
    I don't know about that. Youtube has had well over a year to remove it since that footage has been posted numerous times on there since 2010. It's possible something's in the works. But it's also possible that TW is just protecting their property and not wanting the footage to be out to the public for free.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Backstage Pass

If they are now just getting around to finding out about the EOT material on there, then someone is not doing there job well. I remember watching the EOT outtakes on youtube in 2007 that was 5 years ago now. All members on here should have learn't by now not to get their hopes up about a EOT special edition. I won't be getting exciting about any gossip about a special release until an official statement is made.

I hope that it means something is in the works, but You Tube may just be getting more pressure to police itself better and Warners may have dropped a hint there way
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I hope that it means something is in the works, but You Tube may just be getting more pressure to police itself better and Warners may have dropped a hint there way
    Yes; I also think its about general clean up time for Youtube, rather that something going on about EOT this year.

Hope I'm wrong. I can tell you that.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I don't know about that. Youtube has had well over a year to remove it since that footage has been posted numerous times on there since 2010. It's possible something's in the works. But it's also possible that TW is just protecting their property and not wanting the footage to be out to the public for free.
    That's my vote for the reason behind it!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    That's my vote for the reason behind it!

TCB!
    Mike
    they had the time for that 6 years ago, footages of on tour already where on youtube since 2006.

International Level WHITETIGERMAN's Avatar

A special edition DVD has been WAY overdue.We are not getting any younger.......would be nice to enjoy it while we are able to.

Amen to that! Gee...I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stop looking at Elvis on You Tube or anyplace else. Can't get enough !!!

Some clips that I'd favourited on YouTube have been removed due to copyright etc, the majority of these clips are from ttwii (individual songs) btw, it is very annoying, one particular documentary that has been discussed on this site cannot be found online. I don't particularly like YouTube since they teamed up with google, but that's another story.

I don't know whether a special edition DVD is in the making, but I feel it's detrimental to Elvis and the fans (casual, hardcore or newbs) to not be able to view clips, docs or videos, I will buy regardless of whether I've seen it or heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Some clips that I'd favourited on YouTube have been removed due to copyright etc, the majority of these clips are from ttwii (individual songs) btw, it is very annoying, one particular documentary that has been discussed on this site cannot be found online. I don't particularly like YouTube since they teamed up with google, but that's another story.

I don't know whether a special edition DVD is in the making, but I feel it's detrimental to Elvis and the fans (casual, hardcore or newbs) to not be able to view clips, docs or videos, I will buy regardless of whether I've seen it or heard it.
    I would also buy regardless of having the clips online, but others might not.
    I guess this comes down to a basic question of ownership and rights of ownership.
    Since Warners owns the footage-is it legal and morally right to steal the footage-and then offer it for sale, offer it for free viewing, give it free to others etc........we all know the correct answer-no.
    Its not much different than stealing money from a bank, shoplifting, cheating in a card game etc.
    No one is going to steal from me things I have created, bought or have legally acquired without some kind of a fight-because it is mine and I followed the rules we all have to get it.....I'm sure most here would say the same thing.
    I also want to see this footage remastered properly edited and put out for sale and wish they would get on the ball -but I can see Warners wanting to protect what they legally own.
    Also we all know Warners wants to make money-so if they are not putting it out-they may not be confident of spending money on a project that they do not see huge returns on.
    If I were marketing a EOT Special Edition-I would get in touch with all the forums, fan clubs, EPE to hype advance ordering for it-conditional on a certain number of verified advance orders by a certain date...........I would lay out what unseen footage we would be remastering by city, rehearsals, songs, and how many discs the set would be and then say if the orders come in-we will then launch the project and have the DVDs out by.....a certain date.
    Then we fans would have to come to bat-for what we have been demanding for years.
    If it worked, the EOTSE would then be released for the general public since Warners would already have it done-and that would be a win for Elvis's image and for we fans.
    But thats just my idea-Warners could verify sales for overhead and profit margin, and we fans get the SE.
    I
    Last edited by KPM; 04-27-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Work in Progress!

KPM you do have a point about ownership, however there are many people willing to share for free online regardless of it being morally wrong. I have never downloaded music for free as I'm a little old skool in that I actually like to own a little silver disc with a booklet to read. I will always want to own it rather than loan it.

As for your marketing ploy, you need to get onto warner and tell them how to do their jobs, they seriously need someone like you on the firm

KPM you do have a point about ownership, however there are many people willing to share for free online regardless of it being morally wrong. I have never downloaded music for free as I'm a little old skool in that I actually like to own a little silver disc with a booklet to read. I will always want to own it rather than loan it.

As for your marketing ploy, you need to get onto warner and tell them how to do their jobs, they seriously need someone like you on the firm
    I doubt they would listen to me, but the idea is here and Warners, EPE, even Sony do keep some tabs with fan forums-so lets hope someone sees the common sense in what I suggested.
    Work in Progress!

Speaking of out takes from Elvis on Tour I recently found a 9 part video series of stuff that should have been in the release of the blu ray last year. If you already knew about this sorry, I found it yesterday and was very excited, I have been an Elvis fan since 1988 and have never seen this footage. There are actually 9 video clips so be sure to check them all out, this is part 1.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Isn't nice when you find something that you haven’t seen or heard before, it’s like Elvis just made it today.

I wish they had put this on the new blue-ray release, I don't know why they didn’t. I have seen this before but I have never noticed how uneven his sideburns are. The one that is on his left side of his face is closer to his chin than the one on the right. It almost looks like there is a huge difference between the two. Has anyone noticed that?
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

There does seem to be a slight difference in shape and contour, the left one being the dominant of the lamb chops, but maybe its the lighting and the shape of his longer do thats deceiving us. I blame Larry Gellar

KPM, well hopefully the powers that be do take notice of certain strategies and employ them.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

There does seem to be a slight difference in shape and contour, the left one being the dominant of the lamb chops, but maybe its the lighting and the shape of his longer do thats deceiving us. I blame Larry Gellar

KPM, well hopefully the powers that be do take notice of certain strategies and employ them.
    I think it was in the 3rd or 4th part of the series, he looked more at the camera and you could see the one on the left closer to his lips. Just kind of weird that I never noticed that before. Yes it's Larry's fault.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Isn't nice when you find something that you haven’t seen or heard before, it’s like Elvis just made it today.

I wish they had put this on the new blue-ray release, I don't know why they didn’t. I have seen this before but I have never noticed how uneven his sideburns are. The one that is on his left side of his face is closer to his chin than the one on the right. It almost looks like there is a huge difference between the two. Has anyone noticed that?
    It may be that his hair is just so uncombed that the hair from above his ears is hanging lower so it looks like the sideburns are uneven.
    Work in Progress!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast