Thread: June FTD Announcements

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

June FTD Announcements

Just received this information from our member david72 regarding the plans for FTD's June batch of releases:

"I found this on a website From the FTD Newsletter:

'We will aim to have another bunch of releases in late June, including volume 1 of our G.I. BLUES classic albums, a 5 release of a yet to be decided rehearsal, another vinyl and one more book.'"

What do you all think??

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Re: June FTD Announcements

Happy that they finally starting on the GI Blues sessions, altough im not goin to buy those (Until all volumes are released thou) because as far as im concerned im fine with the Gi Blues collection i have, i got the 4cd MRS release Cafe Europa, I Got the vinyl,the movie memorablia, and such so so far im goin good on only gi blues lol. Rehearsal would be very interesting, altough i hope its either the 1969 rehearsals or 1970 ones. Altough still hopeing to someday hear his 77 rehearsals for the fact he tried out lots of songs that werent included later in the shows and since we already heard 1970,1972 and even 1974, i think it be pretty informative/interesting to finally hear one of his last rehearsals.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeCornPatches View Post
    Happy that they finally starting on the GI Blues sessions, altough im not goin to buy those (Until all volumes are released thou) because as far as im concerned im fine with the Gi Blues collection i have, i got the 4cd MRS release Cafe Europa, I Got the vinyl,the movie memorablia, and such so so far im goin good on only gi blues lol. Rehearsal would be very interesting, altough i hope its either the 1969 rehearsals or 1970 ones. Altough still hopeing to someday hear his 77 rehearsals for the fact he tried out lots of songs that werent included later in the shows and since we already heard 1970,1972 and even 1974, i think it be pretty informative/interesting to finally hear one of his last rehearsals.
    I'm actually quite curious about the rehearsals myself...I wonder if they actually found some new material?? My guess though is that it's probably going to wind up being more rehearsals from 1970 featuring the TTWII material.

Hopefully I am wrong and they will actually release some new unheard rehearsal material!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    I'm actually quite curious about the rehearsals myself...I wonder if they actually found some new material?? My guess though is that it's probably going to wind up being more rehearsals from 1970 featuring the TTWII material.

Hopefully I am wrong and they will actually release some new unheard rehearsal material!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Likewise Mike, but hey, TTWII rehearsals! Anything from that 'golden' period is ok with me...

Quote Originally Posted by my boy View Post
    Likewise Mike, but hey, TTWII rehearsals! Anything from that 'golden' period is ok with me...
    Can't argue with that my friend!! As we've said many times before, just having new material to listen to and enjoy is a blessing!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Can't argue with that my friend!! As we've said many times before, just having new material to listen to and enjoy is a blessing!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Too true Mike We really are fortunate to have so many FTDs coming our way...