Thread: April FTD Announcement

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

April FTD Announcement

Just received word from ElvisNews.com on the planned FTD releases for April:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftds-apr-2012.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	54334

“ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT” (5-inch release)
    If one place is to be picked as the most important in the career of Elvis Presley, it is without doubt Shreveport in the northwest part of Louisiana. The exposure that Elvis got through the radio broadcast of The Louisiana Hayride in 1954-56 was one of the key factors of establishing the early part of his career. With the exception of Las Vegas, there is no place where Elvis played more shows, and his return to the city in 1975 was like a homecoming to both Elvis and the many fans he had there since he started out. We have chosen to release the soundboard from the evening show of June 7 – definitely a show that Elvis and the audience truly enjoy, and with a great set list featuring old and new favourites. The CD comes in a 5” digipack with an eight-page booklet featuring photos from the June 1975 tour.

“WELCOME HOME ELVIS 1960” (FTD book)
    Flaming Star, in collaboration with FTD, publishes a 260 pages book about the vital weeks in 1960 where Elvis regained control over his career. The format is the same as the well-known FTD book format (KING CREOLE-THE MUSIC and A MOMENT IN TIME). The book includes: More than 300 photos, many of them previously unpublished, text by David English and a CD with the original mono master for “ELVIS IS BACK”. Pictures include Elvis coming home from the army, several press conferences, pictures at Graceland, coverage of the Sinatra TV show and much more.

“PROMISED LAND – The Companion Album" (FTD vinyl release)
    FTD vinyl is pleased to announce the release of “Promised Land – The Companion Album” - A Special Limited Edition 2-disc 180-gram vinyl set.
    • Disc 1- alternative version of album featuring Stax outtakes
    • Disc 2 – STAX more outtakes!
    • Vinyl cutting by ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS
    • DMM Copper Mastering
    • 180 Grams heavyweight vinyl
    • Strictly limited pressing

What do you all think about the newly announced releases for next month??

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Re: April FTD Announcement

Looks good Mike!

The mono mixes from Elvis is Back! sound interesting although they should have added the two Elvis Sinatra Special performances plus the duet, and all available interviews and press conferences related to the events, that to make it more interesting in terms of the Audio Material. The book anyhow looks fantastic!

Looking forward to the playlist on Promised Land! although not sure about the pic on the cover...

About the "Another Saturday Night", I really don't care about anothe soundboard from that period. When does the Sep, Nov 1970 soundboards are going to be available?

Now this is Elvis on Tour time! A book project about it was a better idea to me, and save this great one for latter... But before we all start ranting about that, lol, I'm still fingercrossing that by the November FTD releases lot, we will see something related to that!
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 03-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.

That album cover for the Another Saturday Night is one of the better 1975 photos that I have seen yet of Elvis. Looks like early 70's facially. I would have to hear the sound quality first to decide if it's worth the money. Most FTD soundboards are flat and weak sounding. I don't understand that considering so many bootlegs out there have much better sound to the same shows of those tours.

By the way, that title to the 1975 show is pretty ironic. Just another show from '75.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to get these!

TCB Mafia

Postings on another website are quoting the book price at 60 Euros/50/nearly 80 Dollars + postage.

Brian

thanx Brian, I was wondering how much the book was
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    That album cover for the Another Saturday Night is one of the better 1975 photos that I have seen yet of Elvis. Looks like early 70's facially. I would have to hear the sound quality first to decide if it's worth the money. Most FTD soundboards are flat and weak sounding. I don't understand that considering so many bootlegs out there have much better sound to the same shows of those tours.

By the way, that title to the 1975 show is pretty ironic. Just another show from '75.
    its not another 1975 show,elvis returns to shreveport ever since his performances on the lousiana hayride for the first time.
    elvis is in great mood,and almost all june 1975 have great sound. Its during this show that elvis gets a standing ovation on trilogy,we had a few performances of the afternoon show on Elvis Aron Presley, which where dated wrong as june 6. This time we get the unreleased evening show that wasnt available on bootleg, and only on a horrible audience recording. Elvis was in great mood and felt like homecoming. We get 3 unreleased bonuses with this cd which are

- I'll Remember You (June,2 1975 afternoon)
    - Hawaiian Wedding Song (June 3 1975 Evening Show)
    - Bridge Over Troubled Water (June 3 1975 Evening Show)

U can't call this another 1975 show because this one maybe the highlight of the june season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Looks good Mike!

The mono mixes from Elvis is Back! sound interesting although they should have added the two Elvis Sinatra Special performances plus the duet, and all available interviews and press conferences related to the events, that to make it more interesting in terms of the Audio Material. The book anyhow looks fantastic!

Looking forward to the playlist on Promised Land! although not sure about the pic on the cover...

About the "Another Saturday Night", I really don't care about anothe soundboard from that period. When does the Sep, Nov 1970 soundboards are going to be available?

Now this is Elvis on Tour time! A book project about it was a better idea to me, and save this great one for latter... But before we all start ranting about that, lol, I'm still fingercrossing that by the November FTD releases lot, we will see something related to that!
    The pic on the front of Promised Land : The Companion Album could be changed in a few weeks wouldnt be the first time right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeCornPatches View Post
    The pic on the front of Promised Land : The Companion Album could be changed in a few weeks wouldnt be the first time right?
    Hope so, I mean is no big deal, but a photo of Elvis in the Raised on Rock suit, should be for an alternate Raised on Rock album right? Promised Land needs! to have pic with Elvis in the peacock suit, and there are lots suitable for an alternate cover.

Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeCornPatches View Post
    its not another 1975 show,elvis returns to shreveport ever since his performances on the lousiana hayride for the first time.
    elvis is in great mood,and almost all june 1975 have great sound. Its during this show that elvis gets a standing ovation on trilogy,we had a few performances of the afternoon show on Elvis Aron Presley, which where dated wrong as june 6. This time we get the unreleased evening show that wasnt available on bootleg, and only on a horrible audience recording. Elvis was in great mood and felt like homecoming. We get 3 unreleased bonuses with this cd which are

- I'll Remember You (June,2 1975 afternoon)
    - Hawaiian Wedding Song (June 3 1975 Evening Show)
    - Bridge Over Troubled Water (June 3 1975 Evening Show)

U can't call this another 1975 show because this one maybe the highlight of the june season.

How can you make that claim if it's never been released on soundboard but only in audience recorded format? The June tour was average and less inspiring compared to the April-May and July tours of that year.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    How can you make that claim if it's never been released on soundboard but only in audience recorded format? The June tour was average and less inspiring compared to the April-May and July tours of that year.
    It not being released doesnt mean that there not documents about it. How can you make a claim being it ''just another 1975 show''

Ok so here is the track list for the Promised Land Vinyl. Source is: http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/viny...on_album.shtml

Side A
    Promised Land - takes 3, 4
    There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) - take 4 + takes composite or 5, 3, 8
    Help Me - take 1 (fs + remixed master)
    Mr. Songman - take 2
    Love Song Of The Year - take 1
    Promised Land
    Side B
    1. It's Midnight - take 7 (3:45)
    Your Love's Been A Long Time Coming - take 10 (3:54)
    If You Talk In Your Sleep - take 5 (2:28)
    Thinking About You - take 4 (4:03)
    You Asked Me To - take 3A (3:31)
    There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) - take 1
    Disc 2
    Side C
    Promised Land - take 5 (3:37)
    Love Song Of The Year - takes 3, 4, 6
    It's Midnight - take 11 (3:23)
    You Asked Me To - take 2B (3:54)
    Thinking About You - take 3 (4:06)
    Side D
    If You Talk In Your Sleep - take 9 (undubbed master)
    You Asked Me To - takes 1, 2A
    There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) - takes 6, 7
    Mr. Songman - takes 3, 5
    Promised Land - take 6 (undubbed master)
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 03-31-2012 at 08:15 PM.