Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Jones Spins Another Tale

Coming On Strong

Re: Tom Jones Spins Another Tale

Hmmm...c`mon Brian, Tom Jones clearly stated Hawaii not Graceland.....it was a pro Elvis story. This anti Tom Jones stuff that pops up on Elvis message boards is tiresome to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ematt View Post
    Hmmm...c`mon Brian, Tom Jones clearly stated Hawaii not Graceland.....it was a pro Elvis story. This anti Tom Jones stuff that pops up on Elvis message boards is tiresome to say the least.

Yes Its quite tiresome, Agree with you. plus I like Tom Jones' songs n music too after Elvis Ofcourse.

Am I right when I say that most of the people he mentioned are dead ? I guess when you get to Tom's age all you got is memories. Found the clip a little embarrassing. Tom always did have a big ego.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Am I right when I say that most of the people he mentioned are dead ? I guess when you get to Tom's age all you got is memories. Found the clip a little embarrassing. Tom always did have a big ego.

i guess if Tom have such a voice... he have bragging right to be egotistical... THIS too goes to Engelbert , I went to see him backstage in his dressing room , several of his friends were there too , may be he was a bit drunk from the wine or tired, but he was had this attitude of ' I am THE better person here in the room.

Tom is a great talent, he puts on a good show...which at 70 years old is got to be hard. Of course he is not the fireball he was in the late 60s when he had his show THIS IS TOM JONES.
    His voice was always so powerful and still is.
    I recall a member who posted as Jak who saw him in concert around 2001-2002 and he said he still put on a fantastic show, still moved and worked hard to please the crowd.
    I know last summer TJ had a problem with the heat at a festival in ????Atlanta GA I think but they said it was from dehydration and heat.
    His stories are amusing at times, others not so much-but he is a great entertainer.
    Work in Progress!

Looong time ago, I actually do NOT like Tom Jones, because the story i heard of him and Elvis had a 'love-hate' ralationship in sing-ging business... but as i get older .. and got to see Tom performances, it changed my point of view. He had the pipe and still ..for 70 somthing yrs old man,

It was in 2007-2008 , during those period of time when i got to see him in Las Vegas and Wisconsin. The ladies in the audience -still- got the panties throwing routine, although i didnt think Tom liked that any more- may be he knows hes too old for that he didnt do crazy dance, or any thing like that. it was to me great memories to recall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12