Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Aloha From Hawaii' - 40th Anniversary Special Planned

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Re: 'Aloha From Hawaii' - 40th Anniversary Special Planned

One of my personal theories is that EPE will perhaps put on a 40th Anniversary ALOHA show similar to the ELVIS-THE CONCERT shows, obviously utilizing strictly the ALOHA footage.

I am also guessing that we'll be seeing an ALOHA/ALTERNATE ALOHA double-CD release in the LEGACY series around the beginning of 2013 as well!!

As far as a DVD release, I am assuming that there will be a COMPLETE ALOHA re-release, similar to the recently re-issued COMPLETE '68 COMEBACK SPECIAL DVD set that was released.

Again...all just speculations on my part, but considering there really isn't anything left unreleased from the ALOHA special, I don't see what else could be issued for the 40th Anniversary of the show.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    What will come out in 6 generations-you lost me?
    They prefer??-They do not own the music, they do not own the films-they have made overtures to Warners about buying or working together on some things such as EOT and TTWII-but Warners has declined. Sony is not in the least interested in selling the music.
    So all that Elvis left Lisa in his will was his image and Graceland which was not in 1981 self supporting.
    The probate judge did not like the way the estate was headed(to bankruptcy) and plans were submitted to make the Graceland a profitable growing estate (as Elvis's will dictated) the probate judge felt that the opening of the home for a ticket buying public was the best way to secure the future of the estate for Lisa and he okayed the plan.
    Ashtrays, posters, mugs, photos, plates, jewelry, tapestrys, paintings, IE Trinkets.....were nothing new while Elvis was alive, he signed off on the marketing and selling of such items.......all the way back to 1956 when Teddy Bear Pink Lipstick was sold along with hundreds of other items.....nothing new.
    If he had owned his music and owned all or a portion of his films all this would have been different.
    I do not agree with all EPE has done-but do not fault them for doing what Elvis's asked to be done in the will-which was to protect and grow the estate for Lisa.
    Elvis did'nt leave a list of things not to do in order to fullfill his wishes.
    Very very curious..... you obviously do not approve of the way EPE handles things-so why visit Graceland 31 times and support the company that you disaprove of?
    I agree with you, but I often go there in January had to avoid this circus of August. I prefer the taste of serene atmosphere at this time. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    I agree with you, but I often go there in January had to avoid this circus of August. I prefer the taste of serene atmosphere at this time. What do you think?
    I think people should do things that are pleasing to them, and if you prefer Jaunary then thats the time for you.
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12