Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Marie Presley's First Album in Five Years "Storm and Grace," Scheduled for Relea

Lisa Marie Presley's First Album in Five Years "Storm and Grace," Scheduled for Relea

On May 15, Lisa Marie Presley will release "Storm and Grace" – her first album in five years and her Universal Republic/XIX Recordings debut. Presley is managed by Simon Fuller, CEO and Founder of XIX Entertainment. The album was produced by 12-time GRAMMY® winner T Bone Burnett and ...

More...

Re: Lisa Marie Presley's First Album in Five Years "Storm and Grace," Scheduled for R

cool!!!!

Re: Lisa Marie Presley's First Album in Five Years "Storm and Grace," Scheduled for R

Cant wait. WOOOOOHOOOOOO

She sure had a hard act to follow, didnt care too much for her early attempts, hope this is better .........

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by dennyelvis View Post
    She sure had a hard act to follow, didnt care too much for her early attempts, hope this is better .........

I think she is a very good poet,,but singer,,no. The part about southern roots cracks me up. She has distanced herself from them, and most people assocated with them for years. Her mother helped.

she's certainly brave, following in her Dad's footsteps.......
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

TCB Mafia

'Storm and Grace' should enter this week's Billboard Album Charts at around position 41 having sold some 9,115 copies.

Brian

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I don't know if appearing on American Idol helped her any, she was really beat up on the comments.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieT View Post
    I think she is a very good poet,,but singer,,no. The part about southern roots cracks me up. She has distanced herself from them, and most people assocated with them for years. Her mother helped.
    Well you don't have to be from the south to do some southern roots music, just as you don't have to be african american or even american at all to play some blues, so... plus in the end she is from Memphis and Elvis blood anyhow.

I saw Lisa Marie on Jimmy Kimmel last night and she performed her song Over Me. She did better this time than the American Idol performance. The song has a little faster beat and she was moving around more. Maybe she was not as nervous as the American Idol night. I still think Lisa has the microphone to close to her mouth and it makes it difficult to understand what she is singing.

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    I saw Lisa Marie on Jimmy Kimmel last night and she performed her song Over Me. She did better this time than the American Idol performance. The song has a little faster beat and she was moving around more. Maybe she was not as nervous as the American Idol night. I still think Lisa has the microphone to close to her mouth and it makes it difficult to understand what she is singing.
    Yes,...i agree, she sing good but still need a lot of work to be great and yep.. i watched it last night and i am not sure what she was singing.. she was mumbling... her husband is the guitarist i believe.

IMO, all and all she's not try to fill any one shoes , his daddy legacy and legend is too huge to fill... so Lisa marie is being Lisa last nite, but i shall pass her CD.

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    Yes,...i agree, she sing good but still need a lot of work to be great and yep.. i watched it last night and i am not sure what she was singing.. she was mumbling... her husband is the guitarist i believe.

IMO, all and all she's not try to fill any one shoes , his daddy legacy and legend is too huge to fill... so Lisa marie is being Lisa last nite, but i shall pass her CD.
    I have the CD with the lyrics and I still couldn't understand her. I know she is not trying to fill her dad's shoes and she shouldn't try to but I just thought that performance was with a little more energy.

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia

Lisa's latest album 'Storm And Grace' officially enters the Billboard Album Chart at No.45 for w/e 2nd June, 2012.

Brian

TCB Mafia

'Storm And Grace' drops from 45 to 122 on this week's Billboard Album Chart (w/e 9th June, 2012). It is the 5th biggest 'faller' in the Top 200.

Brian

I have the CD with the lyrics and I still couldn't understand her. I know she is not trying to fill her dad's shoes and she shouldn't try to but I just thought that performance was with a little more energy.
    Yes she seems to slur and emote so much in her singing that the words get lost.
    I love emotion in songs that produces great music-but still you have to be able to understand the premise of the song lyrics.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    'Storm And Grace' drops from 45 to 122 on this week's Billboard Album Chart (w/e 9th June, 2012). It is the 5th biggest 'faller' in the Top 200.

Brian
    Thank you for the information Brian. I hate that for her. I don't know if the American Idol show did her any justice. There was not a lot of emotion I think she was extremely nervous. Some of the comments were boring, no emotion and couldn't understand her. That was a huge platform for her to display her album. Even though I like the song You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet, I think she should have performed her song Over Me. It is a song that she could move around a little on stage. She did the song Over Me on the Jimmy Kimmel show and I thought it was a better performance.

I also think if she could go back in time she would have never married Michael Jackson. That has really hurt her image, of what she did have. The people who are Jackson fans would never buy her CD because they think "she used" him and have attacked him since his death.

I really believe that most people that bought the CD are Elvis fans.

RIP Tommy

TCB Mafia

Thank you for the information Brian. I hate that for her. I don't know if the American Idol show did her any justice. There was not a lot of emotion I think she was extremely nervous. Some of the comments were boring, no emotion and couldn't understand her. That was a huge platform for her to display her album. Even though I like the song You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet, I think she should have performed her song Over Me. It is a song that she could move around a little on stage. She did the song Over Me on the Jimmy Kimmel show and I thought it was a better performance.

I also think if she could go back in time she would have never married Michael Jackson. That has really hurt her image, of what she did have. The people who are Jackson fans would never buy her CD because they think "she used" him and have attacked him since his death.

I really believe that most people that bought the CD are Elvis fans.

Agreed. I would have liked to have seen some good old Rockabilly tracks. She needs more 'Oomph'!!!!!

Brian

good one Brian.......yes, 'oomph' is the right word.....lol
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I also think if she could go back in time she would have never married Michael Jackson. That has really hurt her image, of what she did have. The people who are Jackson fans would never buy her CD because they think "she used" him and have attacked him since his death. I really believe that most people that bought the CD are Elvis fans.
    True, and many Elvis fans feel MJ used her-to try and detract from the rumors that flew around him at that time.
    The MTV awards "kiss" fiasco was obviously his attempt to show he was a regular guy-and I think it backfired.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    True, and many Elvis fans feel MJ used her-to try and detract from the rumors that flew around him at that time.
    The MTV awards "kiss" fiasco was obviously his attempt to show he was a regular guy-and I think it backfired.
    I'm one that believes that too. MJ used her for distraction and he wanted to be closer to the Elvis link.

RIP Tommy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast