Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCB What Happened

TCB What Happened

I'm wondering what happened to the old TCB Forum where there used to be lively debate and arguements. Now it seems to be nothing but ElvisNews and the mods posting. It's getting as boring a Twitter.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Re: TCB What Happened

I M here mate, the forums do seem quiet these days .............

Ive very strong views on a few Elvis topics but to be honest although im embarrased to admit it , i dont know how to start a thread on the site only reply . if you tell me how id be more than happy to debate and put my views out there for discussion

below 'forum, 'Elvis Presley' etc....on the top left side of the page, there's a green(ish) box.......'post a thread'

hit that......and type away. Give your topic a name
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Thanks for that . I will try tonight

Hi guys!

I agree with what Cliff brought up, and Cliff my friend, it's not that hard to start an interesting topic yourself buddy is it? No offence of course, we value your idea. We could use some more spicy items I agree.

And everyone else who reacted thus far, please feel free to post your views on Elvis topics.

El Gerry try to see if you can create a thread. If not, ask us for help buddy.

I enjoy spirited discussion, but hate the arguments.
    Work in Progress!

Backstage Pass

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I enjoy spirited discussion, but hate the arguments.
    Now what would be a spirited debate without some arguements?

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Hey guys im here been away from the elvis scene from a fan fanatic stand point for a while trying to get back in the groove.

brad
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Hi guys!

I agree with what Cliff brought up, and Cliff my friend, it's not that hard to start an interesting topic yourself buddy is it? No offence of course, we value your idea. We could use some more spicy items I agree.

And everyone else who reacted thus far, please feel free to post your views on Elvis topics.

El Gerry try to see if you can create a thread. If not, ask us for help buddy.
    Thanks for that Sonny. I guess in a way I have started a thread by bringing this subject up. It's already grabbed some attention. I have been having a look at the forums topics and I'm amazed at how many views there are to actual replies.
    It's hard to know what topic to bring to the forum about Elvis as most things have been covered, and in some depth. Of course we've had the Pricilla haters and the MJ hater and I feel in some way these have taken their toll. People don't really feel comfortable with this kind of thing, but unfortunately it's part of the Social Network scene.
    Something that could be dicussed by the audiophiles among us is the quality of engineering on his recordings and also the finished pressings of said recordings.
    I also realise that there are probably a lot of the younger generation of Elvis fans on TCB now, and with no discredit to them, their knowledge base on Elvis may not be the same as us veterans who were there at the beginning. But hey,this is how you learn by Q&A and this is the place to learn.

just so things don't get heated up

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I also realise that there are probably a lot of the younger generation of Elvis fans on TCB now, and with no discredit to them, their knowledge base on Elvis may not be the same as us veterans who were there at the beginning. But hey,this is how you learn by Q&A and this is the place to learn.
    Could be. There are some things I can follow & understand and some things I can't, even if I felt comfortable dealing with heated up discussion(s).

It is also a sign of the times. You may notice that in the arts and creative professions too. The output of interesting books, music and movies is.. not so good. It feels dead at the moment, a trend which has been going on for a few years now.

Take, for instance, the phenomenon action movies. If you look at movies from the 80's (in my case Schwarzenegger and Stallone), you have to come to the conclusion how good they actually were and how little there's to enjoy nowadays - even if an action movie isn't a play by Shakespeare.
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 02-08-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: mistayke
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

I think you can safely say that the "Elvis Internet" is about 10 years old. Since then, all over the internet wonderful informative Elvis websites have emerged, along with message boards like this one. During those years, information and opinions have been exchanged. I guess that for a big group of die-hard Elvisfans, there's less to talk about than 10 years ago. There are few new bootlegs released and it seems like all Elvis secrets have been discovered (like unreleased tracks).

Fortunately it's not always exchanging information, but also fun to just be with fellow Elvis fans. All message board (whether it's an Elvis forum, or a gaming forum) experiencing the impact of Facebook as a social hangout for people with similar interest. Facebook is consuming quite a bit of people's online-time, time that can't be spend on other websites.

I like Facebook, but I prefer message boards, because it feels more dedicated.

And we -founders of TCB-World- are open for suggestions to make the TCB experience more fun for everyone.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Well, i like it here, that's all.

Agree with Kathy and I do participate in discussions off and on.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I don't mind the discussions, I like them, but I made some small joke a while back about a certain entertainer that died 2 years ago (you know who) and I got attacked. Some people can't have a discussion without getting mad or taking it personal.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion just like the next guy. I love this web site!!!
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

they've had a similar thread going on FECC, people attacking others verbally.

We all have different views, its 'agreeing to disagree'....
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Something that could be dicussed by the audiophiles among us is the quality of engineering on his recordings and also the finished pressings of said recordings.
    Now that would be a great thread! (and much more about TCB than the oh! how much I disslike Pricilla or MJ ridiculous ones!)

Go a head man!

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Now that would be a great thread! (and much more about TCB than the oh! how much I disslike Pricilla or MJ ridiculous ones!)

Go a head man!
    I agree. It is called constuctive critisisim.

Hi All, I ve been here for so long,...before the other Elvis forum exist ... I think i rather not to comment to many of threads, because yeah it often get into heated argument , and really to be honest I dont need to read some dramas some people just enjoy of having, I would read the thread but once someone / some views think they are the RIGHT ones and either their way or highway...i lost interest to read the rest of stories. I just wish the word " lets agree to disagree " should apply anywhere we interact with people... in real life, or over the internet, remember there is a heart behind every computer... Yeah I know in a perfect world .. while there are nothing/noone is perfect ...even Elvis is not perfect,..he was /is close to it though

And yes, when it comes to The Bodyguards story, Elvis drug addictions ... or Cilla story...thats when it becomes the sensitive part of this Elvis World online, and the same ol' story would be repeated over and over and over.. you know we all know it , but my problem was when Some comments could be plain rude - and crude, some even in a language i dont know they even exist ?? You know I always thought that ELVIS FANS ARE THE KINDEST people you'll meet and know, but when they all attacking each other , it was not them as ELvis fan...but them as themselves..

I dont expect this forum to be nice, sweet and clean ...we all human , we say things we dont mean, but please before typing something...think about it. if its not so very nice,... we all can always apologize,..moved on and laughed at it after several threads passed,..

SO Sory Cliff I make this thread sounds like a whinney ... but i believe many of you will agree to what I am trying to say TCB-TLC 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    Hi All, I ve been here for so long,...before the other Elvis forum exist ... I think i rather not to comment to many of threads, because yeah it often get into heated argument , and really to be honest I dont need to read some dramas some people just enjoy of having, I would read the thread but once someone / some views think they are the RIGHT ones and either their way or highway...i lost interest to read the rest of stories. I just wish the word " lets agree to disagree " should apply anywhere we interact with people... in real life, or over the internet, remember there is a heart behind every computer... Yeah I know in a perfect world .. while there are nothing/noone is perfect ...even Elvis is not perfect,..he was /is close to it though

And yes, when it comes to The Bodyguards story, Elvis drug addictions ... or Cilla story...thats when it becomes the sensitive part of this Elvis World online, and the same ol' story would be repeated over and over and over.. you know we all know it , but my problem was when Some comments could be plain rude - and crude, some even in a language i dont know they even exist ?? You know I always thought that ELVIS FANS ARE THE KINDEST people you'll meet and know, but when they all attacking each other , it was not them as ELvis fan...but them as themselves..

I dont expect this forum to be nice, sweet and clean ...we all human , we say things we dont mean, but please before typing something...think about it. if its not so very nice,... we all can always apologize,..moved on and laughed at it after several threads passed,..

SO Sory Cliff I make this thread sounds like a whinney ... but i believe many of you will agree to what I am trying to say TCB-TLC 24/7
    No no Donut you did not sound whinney at all, in fact you said some very good things,and very true. Unfortunately some of the people we deal with on Social Networks do not have the same level of intelligence.
    We must also remember that when dealing with people in Forums we are just reading words and putting our own meaning into them. We are not seeing this person or talking to them on the phone, we can not hear the emotion that they are putting into their words or how they are saying them.
    You say 'before typing something think about it', this is very true but it also applys to answering someone, you have to use your words very carefully.You must also remember Donut that people are very brave when sitting behind a computer and they don't always have a sweet heart like yours.
    One person who I always thought was very good on the forums was our dear friend Rosanne. Reading her posts was almost like being in a room with her because you could understand what she meant and how she was saying it. I really miss her to this day and I think a little piece of TCB died with her.
    Never worry about what people will think Donut, otherwise that makes you their prisoner. Always say what you feel the best way you can. If they can't handle it they're the ones with the problem.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast